• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

need help got a DUI

i was stupid and i got a dUI on friday night was wondering if anyone have any insight on this. i need some advice.if any of you are lawyers i need avice from you to.

Not to be an ass, but the only advice I could give you is to start saving your money.

What city are you in?

Says..... soon to be in Tokyo, Japan. If ur moving out of the country permanently, why do anything about it?

dyee

I got one when I was younger, but My friends thru me in the back seat of my chevy and tosed my keys in the front and I slept there all night, about 8 am I woke up and just my luck, as I got out of the back a cop rolled by, I tried to explain how I had been asleep, figured my friends did it, but in the end and $1,200 later I got an sr-22 lic revoked for 6 mo. etc. the car had never been turned on once. so With that said, If your car was rolling and they pulled you over then Id expect your going to go thru alot more. go rent a studio apt in arizona and get a lic there. theirs last forever and drive with that. Otherwise, If you really dont care about your self, other drivers and your car, your more than welcome to sign it over to me, ill take care of it. Its not the 1 beer excuse, I think its lame too. I know I can drive better than most people after 2 beers because Im not trying to text message someone while driving. Its the 1 beer letting them impound your car and abuse it. *sigh* I waited for mine for 16 years what about you?

i need some advice.

I suggest you don't drink and drive.

Anyone who has lost a loved one to a drunk driver would probably agree with me when I say I hope they throw the book at you.

And that's the nicest way I can think of putting it.

Sucks to be you, good luck with those legal fees.

It's not a felony. Extradition for a misdemeanor is unheard of. Don't come back to the US though. You never know between states.

Tom Leykis is his name. Leykis 101 and top gun DUI attorney, Myles L. Berman is who you are referring to.

:redface: :eek:
dyee

Last edited:
I've met a few people that got their first DUI in CAli.

It's about $10,000 when it's all said and done. That includes paying fines, court fees, school, AA class, etc....

Oh, and your insurance will go up - how big depends on ur current record.

wow you serious? :eek:

that crazy money. i wonder how much a dui attorney is. :confused:

I had one when I was 20 years old. This is whats gonna happen since its your first one!

1.go to court plea guilty
2. depending on your state/city program for first time offenders, they might tell you to go to some kind of drinking dui class.
3. you license is suspended until the class is completed
4. go to your insurance and ask for a K20 or some time of proof of insurance to show the dmv.
5. go to the dmv and get a work driver license (limited on time driving, but worth it)
6. dont do it ever again.

dont worry, its not a big thing, it seems big but ive been through it. all you have to do is go to some drinking class and finish it to get your license back. have fun and i hope you learn your lesson. dont forget to get a works permit to drive.

yeah i;m working out now with a dui lawyer the rate is like 6k! for the case. all i'm worried about is having it effect my move. but soo far it seems good. just the cost is high

yeah i;m working out now with a dui lawyer the rate is like 6k! for the case. all i'm worried about is having it effect my move. but soo far it seems good. just the cost is high

you dont need a lawyer dude, just go to court on your assigned date, plea guilty, go to the drinking class, get a sr22 from your insurance company, go to the dmv with it, get a workers driving permit (so you can drive) then when your done with your dui class, you get your license back. within 2 months of my dui 4 years ago, i got my license back dude. you dont need a lawyer man.

you dont need a lawyer dude, just go to court on your assigned date, plea guilty, go to the drinking class, get a sr22 from your insurance company, go to the dmv with it, get a workers driving permit (so you can drive) then when your done with your dui class, you get your license back. within 2 months of my dui 4 years ago, i got my license back dude. you dont need a lawyer man.

Well, I'm not sure if he's pleading guilty or not guilty (Which is it ?). If it's not guilty, then he probably should get a lawyer.

I suggest you don't drink and drive.

Anyone who has lost a loved one to a drunk driver would probably agree with me when I say I hope they throw the book at you.

And that's the nicest way I can think of putting it.

Sucks to be you, good luck with those legal fees.

Wow... what a jerk. You sir are an idiot. MOST, and I say MOST DUI's are complete bullshit. DUI's aren't there for your safety. They are to make money. The legal BAC here is .08. How many of you even know what .08 feels like? I know I don't.
If DUI laws out there were really for your safety, you know what they would do? They would put breathalizers in bars and restaurants. That way you could blow before walking out the door and make a choice. I bet some of us would blow a .08 and think, "jesus, I feel totally fine", and it would be an eye-opening experience to just how little .08 really is.

It's NOT illegal to drink and drive. It's illegal to drive drunk. Unfortunatly for alot of people, .08 isn't even that. But in the interest of everyone living in a NERF world, they have to dumb everything down to the lowest common denominator. Hell some people can't drive SOBER. What do we do about that???

.08 is two beers, did you guys know that, i learned that in my DUI class 4 years ago.:tongue: PLEAD GUILTY, its the easiest way out and saves you $$$. my fine was like around $600 + ~$300 drinking class + $50 for driving permit. my insurance forgave me for my DUI because it was my first time..(thank god). if you plead no guilty, which you prob. are if the police pulled you over (you were driving, hence Drinving Under Influence) and you blew over .08 (depends on state) then your F. not guilty includes lawyers, court fees, fines and its the same thing as pleading guilty execept no lawyer$$$ and court fee$. plead guilty, do the class, get your license back, pay your DUI fine and your done. your officially off the hook. trust me, its not that bad, it seems bad but its not that bad. i blew .254 and they took my to the hospital to draw my blood too!:tongue: my parents had to come and pick me up. it was so bad. the good thing was that before they took me to the hospital, they took me to the station to blow on their alcohal tube there bc the small one isnt accurate, anyways, i threw up in the waiting room.LOL. that was the best thing i did in my whole life. i love it! damn pigs. (no offense to any officers here)

for that jerk who said that you deserve to be putt in jail, stfu man. people make mistakes sometimes and we as a person learn from them. since then i dont drink and drive or at least not drunk:tongue: . my sister-in-law died from a truck driver about 10 years ago from a drunk driver. Its his fault but you cant blame them forever, its not going to bring the dead back, we forgave him.

1st time offense of DUI isnt that bad, however, dont do it again, 2nd offense means jail for 1 year!:eek:

NO SIR.... YOU ARE THE IDIOT !!!!!!!!!!unless you know what you are talking about, just keep your uninformed trap shut !!!!! DUI drivers kill THOUSANDS of people..... these are innocent people minding thier own business when some dumbass decides to get behind the wheel and crash into the innocent person or family. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GENERATING MONEY.... IT IS ALL ABOUT SAVING LIVES AND KEEPING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SAFE FROM THESE PEOPLE. DUI is a CRIME OF CHOICE !!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!! if you drink and CHOOSE to drive a car, you deserve to get arrested and do jail time. it is always unfortunate that when a drunk driver hits and kills an innocent person or family, the drunk almost always walk away unhurt.... why you ask... because the fool is so limber form the alcohol, they just flop around in the car and survive. I TRULY HOPE YOU NEVER HAVE TO FEEL THE PAIN OF HAVING A FAMILY MEMBER KILLED OR A FAMILY MEMBER OF YOURS HAVING TO FEEL THE PAIN OF THE LOSS OF YOU DUE TO AN IMPAIRED DRIVER !!!!

the solution is simple, simply CHOOSE not to get behind the wheel after consuming alcohol !!!!!!!!!

off the soap box for now !!!!!!!!

Wow... what a jerk. You sir are an idiot. MOST, and I say MOST DUI's are complete bullshit. DUI's aren't there for your safety. They are to make money. The legal BAC here is .08. How many of you even know what .08 feels like? I know I don't.
If DUI laws out there were really for your safety, you know what they would do? They would put breathalizers in bars and restaurants. That way you could blow before walking out the door and make a choice. I bet some of us would blow a .08 and think, "jesus, I feel totally fine", and it would be an eye-opening experience to just how little .08 really is.

It's NOT illegal to drink and drive. It's illegal to drive drunk. Unfortunatly for alot of people, .08 isn't even that. But in the interest of everyone living in a NERF world, they have to dumb everything down to the lowest common denominator. Hell some people can't drive SOBER. What do we do about that???

.08 is two beers, did you guys know that, i learned that in my DUI class 4 years ago.:tongue: PLEAD GUILTY, its the easiest way out and saves you $$$. my fine was like around $600 + ~$300 drinking class + $50 for driving permit. my insurance forgave me for my DUI because it was my first time..(thank god). if you plead no guilty, which you prob. are if the police pulled you over (you were driving, hence Drinving Under Influence) and you blew over .08 (depends on state) then your F. not guilty includes lawyers, court fees, fines and its the same thing as pleading guilty execept no lawyer$$$ and court fee$. plead guilty, do the class, get your license back, pay your DUI fine and your done. your officially off the hook. trust me, its not that bad, it seems bad but its not that bad. i blew .254 and they took my to the hospital to draw my blood too!:tongue: my parents had to come and pick me up. it was so bad. the good thing was that before they took me to the hospital, they took me to the station to blow on their alcohal tube there bc the small one isnt accurate, anyways, i threw up in the waiting room.LOL. that was the best thing i did in my whole life. i love it! damn pigs. (no offense to any officers here)

for that jerk who said that you deserve to be putt in jail, stfu man. people make mistakes sometimes and we as a person learn from them. since then i dont drink and drive or at least not drunk:tongue: . my sister-in-law died from a truck driver about 10 years ago from a drunk driver. Its his fault but you cant blame them forever, its not going to bring the dead back, we forgave him.

1st time offense of DUI isnt that bad, however, dont do it again, 2nd offense means jail for 1 year!:eek:

NO!!!!!!!!! two beers do not equal .08 !!!!!!!!! for average 150lb male, 1 beer, 1 shot of 80 proof or 1 glass of wine will equal .02% blood alcohol. heavier men the % is less, lighter men and weome the % is more.... does not matter how often you drink or if it is your first time..... things like food consumption effect how long the alcohol takes to BURN OFF.... TIME and ONLY TIME burns the alcohol out of your system.... you can drink coffe until you are full to your eyeballs and it will do NOTHING to sober you up....

NO SIR.... YOU ARE THE IDIOT !!!!!!!!!!unless you know what you are talking about, just keep your uninformed trap shut !!!!! DUI drivers kill THOUSANDS of people..... these are innocent people minding thier own business when some dumbass decides to get behind the wheel and crash into the innocent person or family. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GENERATING MONEY.... IT IS ALL ABOUT SAVING LIVES AND KEEPING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SAFE FROM THESE PEOPLE. DUI is a CRIME OF CHOICE !!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!! if you drink and CHOOSE to drive a car, you deserve to get arrested and do jail time. it is always unfortunate that when a drunk driver hits and kills an innocent person or family, the drunk almost always walk away unhurt.... why you ask... because the fool is so limber form the alcohol, they just flop around in the car and survive. I TRULY HOPE YOU NEVER HAVE TO FEEL THE PAIN OF HAVING A FAMILY MEMBER KILLED OR A FAMILY MEMBER OF YOURS HAVING TO FEEL THE PAIN OF THE LOSS OF YOU DUE TO AN IMPAIRED DRIVER !!!!

the solution is simple, simply CHOOSE not to get behind the wheel after consuming alcohol !!!!!!!!!

off the soap box for now !!!!!!!!

I understand how you feel. I get the impression that a family member must of died from a DUI accident. My brother has moved on since my sister-in-law died. I think you should too. I know you can never forget it but its not going to do you any good to linger onto the past.

Hey, not all DUI end up in accidents. The way the police pulled me over was because my friend was going to throw up so i parked the car and the police officer saw him do it, and then he came and checked my license and he smell alcohol.

Anyways dude, I hope that you choose your words more carefully next time. It sure was an accident, its not like drunk ppl get drunk to kill people. This is his first time, give him a break. How would you like it if you were pulled over for a speeding ticket, only to be put in jail for the rest of your life because speeding causes accidents that can kill people.

I understand how you feel. I get the impression that a family member must of died from a DUI accident. My brother has moved on since my sister-in-law died. I think you should too. I know you can never forget it but its not going to do you any good to linger onto the past.

Hey, not all DUI end up in accidents. The way the police pulled me over was because my friend was going to throw up so i parked the car and the police officer saw him do it, and then he came and checked my license and he smell alcohol.

Anyways dude, I hope that you choose your words more carefully next time. It sure was an accident, its not like drunk ppl get drunk to kill people. This is his first time, give him a break. How would you like it if you were pulled over for a speeding ticket, only to be put in jail for the rest of your life because speeding causes accidents that can kill people.

dont get me wrong.. i am not flaming on the guy that was arrested.... i'm flaming on the idiot Philia44 who was flaming on the guy that did have a famly member killed.... i UNDERSTND people make mistakes.... i respect thiose that do and accept responsibility for thier action.... ITS THE FOOLS AND A-HOLE THAT THINK DUI IS NOT SERIOUS, OR IS A REVENUE GENERATING ARREST....

I've met a few people that got their first DUI in CAli.

It's about $10,000 when it's all said and done. That includes paying fines, court fees, school, AA class, etc....

Oh, and your insurance will go up - how big depends on ur current record.

wow, Cali must have a high inflation rate!! in wisconsin its like maybe $1000 dollars all said and done.

800-600 fine (depends on bac.) + ~300 (classes) + 50 (driving permit). I can see 10k for pleading not guilty, but if your pulled over and you know your at fault, just plead guilty, it saves you lots of money and fees.

let me guess, ur buddies had lawyers and stuff. they should of said guilty, save $9k and use that $9k on a turbo kit for their NSX.:biggrin:

I had one when I was 20 years old. This is whats gonna happen since its your first one!

1.go to court plea guilty
2. depending on your state/city program for first time offenders, they might tell you to go to some kind of drinking dui class.
3. you license is suspended until the class is completed
4. go to your insurance and ask for a K20 or some time of proof of insurance to show the dmv.
5. go to the dmv and get a work driver license (limited on time driving, but worth it)
6. dont do it ever again.

dont worry, its not a big thing, it seems big but ive been through it. all you have to do is go to some drinking class and finish it to get your license back. have fun and i hope you learn your lesson. dont forget to get a works permit to drive.

This sounds good except for the pleading guilty part never admit guilt. That is up to the DA to prove, a lot of time they will plea bargain the charge down especially if you are a first time offender.

This sounds good except for the pleading guilty part never admit guilt. That is up to the DA to prove, a lot of time they will plea bargain the charge down especially if you are a first time offender.

I dont know if you ever got a DUI, but going to DA will not do anything. This is what he is going to say, tell me your story, ok well the jiff of thing is like this, you were caught with a X bac at this time XX:XX. How can you not plead guilty. If you do not plead guilty, you will a right to an attorny, plus you will have court fees, plus you have to wait 1 month to find jury. and at the end of the day, its gonna cost alot of money. just plead guilty, save $1K and your free after the school is done.

the lowest fine for a DUI is $650+-. so it really doesnt matter.

I dont know if you ever got a DUI, but going to DA will not do anything. This is what he is going to say, tell me your story, ok well the jiff of thing is like this, you were caught with a X bac at this time XX:XX. How can you not plead guilty. If you do not plead guilty, you will a right to an attorny, plus you will have court fees, plus you have to wait 1 month to find jury. and at the end of the day, its gonna cost alot of money. just plead guilty, save $1K and your free after the school is done.

the lowest fine for a DUI is $650+-. so it really doesnt matter.

NO... But my brother is going threw the Process of getting his licence back from is 21st birthday incident (JkAs). I guess things work differently from State to State. I know NY is hardcore on DWIs/DUIs so I would speak to a lawyer that is knowledgeable in your specific states law before I did anything. My .02

Back