• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help looking for a part.

Hi, Does anyone know what this part is call and part number of it? Was changing out the exterior door handle and the plastic clip on the rod broke...

the part look like this:

7da67361-293d-42a2-bc9e-11b6ed02d804.JPG
IMG_8855.jpg

f20542ee-8f17-4f35-b868-fc6d059914fe.jpg
the plastic clip goes on here (circled)
s-l1600.jpg

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I believe the part you're looking for is 72118-SL0-003 (#5 below) and is available here [LINK]
fad2a81b5e27d24c455d0cebb6957dc8.png

04721-SL0-000 it's pictured in that link posted above. It's a set of 2 plastic pieces and 1 metal washer. Tip for anyone else to avoid breaking them, heat the plastic with a hair dryer prior to prying them out so they'll be less prone to breaking. But always good to have a bunch of these kits on hand. I was able to ghetto-rig something that worked out of washers and zip ties once, but it wasn't a good time, which is why i keep them on emergency stash now.

Hi Chris, always enjoyed your videos on the tube. We actually watched your video on how to take the door card off for this job, but unfortunately my mechanic had to use his experience on the clip and well old plastics can break just by you breathing on them, and he used zip ties to connect the rod. Now my door opens from the outside but not from the inside...

Hi Chris, always enjoyed your videos on the tube. We actually watched your video on how to take the door card off for this job, but unfortunately my mechanic had to use his experience on the clip and well old plastics can break just by you breathing on them, and he used zip ties to connect the rod. Now my door opens from the outside but not from the inside...
Sounds likes he either forgot to hook up the cable for the interior door handle or it’s not adjusted correctly. There’s different settings in the blue ridged plastic part of the cable and it’s possible he didn’t put it on a setting that has enough tension to release the latch.

Attachments

• IMG_1446.jpeg
    IMG_1446.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 5
thanks, i will show him this picture you just posted next time I am there to replace the ziptie with the oem clips. Ordered from amayama, but the estimated lead time is like a month.

The pic I posted is the cable connection at the inside door handle. The other end also connects directly to the latch (I think) and so he could have forgotten to connect one of those. But that’s the only thing connecting the inside door handle to the latch so your problem has to have something to do with that. Should be an easy fix.

Last edited:
Back