• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need new front struts?

It now looks that I also need new front struts. Any suggestions of what I should do. Stay with the stock struts or change them out with aftermarket parts. I called Acura and they told me the front struts list for $266.00 a piece and they can sell them for $225.00. I did not ask about labor. What should I expect to pay for parts and labor. or should I go another direction. Thanks in advance.

If you decided you want to go the OEM route, I am selling my OEM with 29k miles one them for $350, springs and struts.

I am near Chicago too.

Good luck.

I really like the Bilstein shocks. Like the stock shocks, they have excellent ride comfort, yet they firm up nicely when you're driving the car hard. They are less expensive than the stock ones, and they come with a lifetime warranty. Another advantage of the Bilsteins is that you have the option of lowering the car by 7/8" by mounting them on the lowering perch. (I mounted mine on the other perch, to maintain the stock ride height.)

I got mine from CGI Motorsports (although I bet John at AoB can get them for you too, especially since he's close with the CGI folks). Ask John about labor costs; I think their hourly rate is currently $92.

I would suggest replacing the rears at the same time.

nsxtasy said:
I would suggest replacing the rears at the same time.

I agree..

Do all four at the same time. I agree that Bilstein (lowered option or not) is a good upgrade. Serveral of the CA Bay Area members got their Bilstein shocks from a distributor on Ebay. Search "Bilstein NSX" and you'll find him. He sells them for $520 for the set. He ships quickly.

Well, I just ordered the Billsteins from CGI. All four $572.00 with shipping. I talked to AOB. they said install and alignment is around $600.00 does that sound ok?

DURIM91NSX said:
I talked to AOB. they said install and alignment is around $600.00 does that sound ok?
The price of everything AoB has done on my cars has always been reasonable.

In other words - yes...

Back