• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tie Rod Ends and Front Struts

Fixed the alternator finally and took it to the mechanic. They said my work was good so I’m happy about that. I also paid for an inspection of the car. It seems like I need to replace both tie rod ends as well as the front struts. For the tie rod ends the mechanic quoted 400-500 with an alignment. I was checking prices and tie rod ends don’t seem to be to expensive from rock auto and it’s an hour long job. I’ve seen people on prime say the job isn’t difficult. So would it be worth doing that myself? My second question is should I buy BC Racing coils for 1.1k because two front struts need to be replaced and they cost 600 so I don’t know if it’s worth that for the OEM ride quality.

Tie rod ends are an easy install if you don’t have any seized bolts. Personally I’d just have them do the installs and alignment if it’s $400. Tech labor rates has gone through the roof.

I have BC coils, I’d go OEM or Bilstein if you don’t have any plans of going lower.

Back