• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Need suggestion for 18 x 8.5 front tires

Hi Guys just ordered a set of Forge star wheels for my Nsx the fronts come in 18 x 18.5 the rears are 18 x 11 I will be mostly having a 305/35/18 Nitto Drag Radial in the rear .I need suggestion on the largest tire width or size I can run in the fronts .I don't know the offsets so I will have to ask the rim shop if that info is necessary .

215/35-18 is the largest you can run in the front without rubbing.

I've people running 225/35/18 and claim it doesn't rub either, but I would never run it.
Then again I would never run 18x8.5 fronts nor a 18x11 rear.

nsxtasy, do you know if a 215/35/18 would be TCS friendly with a 305/35/18? I'm pretty sure it won't be, but thought I'd ask..

nsxtasy, do you know if a 215/35/18 would be TCS friendly with a 305/35/18? I'm pretty sure it won't be, but thought I'd ask..
The TCS should be okay with those sizes on a '91-93 NSX, but not on a '94-05 NSX.

However, since he's talking about drag radials on the rear, I'm guessing he might only be planning to use those huge rear tires at the dragstrip, in which case he probably has the TCS turned off anyway. Most folks don't use drag radials on the street, given their high cost and rapid treadwear.

However, since he's talking about drag radials on the rear, I'm guessing he might only be planning to use those huge rear tires at the dragstrip, in which case he probably has the TCS turned off anyway. Most folks don't use drag radials on the street, given their high cost and rapid treadwear.

I wondered that too, but then I saw that he was using 18x8.5" fronts.. why would you run those at the drag strip? You would think a 16" (or 17") front wheel would do the job fine and weigh less...

This is the case for drag racing & some daily driving purpose No TCS being used these particular wheels only came in 18 X 8.5 smallest available for the front.I requested Custom 18 X 11 in the rear so the 305/35/18 Nitto Drag radial 555R will sit Flush I actually just test fitted a 245/35/18 in the front & barely rubs under full turn I am planning to stick with it since it sits flush with that rim & only will require minor adjustment to the Tein coil-over shocks & roll the lip of the inside fender lips.Here are some preliminary pics.. I will be ordering a separate set of rears strictly to run slicks at the track

The TCS should be okay with those sizes on a '91-93 NSX, but not on a '94-05 NSX.

Attachments

• nsx front wheel 1.jpg
    nsx front wheel 1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 48
  • nsx rear wheel.jpg
    nsx rear wheel.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 45
  • nsx wheels side view.jpg
    nsx wheels side view.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 38
  • nsx stance view.jpg
    nsx stance view.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
youza....well after a week of street driving with those sizes...we want an honest report on performance.

Will do I purchased some used tires for the front just to test them for awhile driving around before I actually bought new ones understand it looks like no-one has tried this yet .I think the fact you can adjust the cars height with the coil-overs should resolve that front end issue.The 215/35/18s would be to stretched for that wheel & the 245/35/18 sits pretty flush .I will post better pics once I have all 4 on the car with front & rear views.

W
youza....well after a week of street driving with those sizes...we want an honest report on performance.

Last edited:
Back