• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need to pass smog. does anyone have a stock catalytic I can borrow or buy? Pls help

Hi all, new to the community. The folks at science of speed turned me on to prime. I need to get a smog certificate in california. Can I borrow anyone's cat? You can charge me to "RENT" it. I can pay for shipping too. Please call me if you are able to help. 510 5752503

a tip for passing smog. if you put smaller rear wheels on (like the stock 16's) (move the front wheels to the back) , you may be able to pass with a better RPM than with bigger rims.
sounds funny, but it worked for me.

When I moved I lost the oem cats

What happened to the OEM cats?
lost them during mod period

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the tips will try that.....

- - - Updated - - -

In San Francisco....91.......any recommendations for a smog legal supercharger?

- - - Updated - - -

a tip for passing smog. if you put smaller rear wheels on (like the stock 16's) (move the front wheels to the back) , you may be able to pass with a better RPM than with bigger rims.
sounds funny, but it worked for me.
Thank you for the tips

smog legal supercharger if you have to have it, try driving ambition near Sacramento ask for Shad. his shop is full of NSX's getting super and turbo'ed.
i would never do it because i think the CARB is looking for any excuse to get older sports cars off the road, but hey, it is your $$, if you earned it you are entitled to spend it.

I was on the same boat two months ago, and the guy at the STAR Smog station was really strict, My issue was not having the CARB sticker for my DC headers, so I had to request it online which took about two weeks to get it by mail. Have you considered on purchasing one (cats) since you will need it again in two years? Or maybe when you are ready to sell ( very unlikely) and maybe even put it up for rent ;) I am sure you will get your money back that way.
Best of luck !!!

I just installed CTSC 2 weeks ago and I had the car smog check 2 days ago. The technician did not give me any hard time and it is passed.

Last edited:
I love Florida don't have any of that crap can drive a car that burns crude oil and if it can stop at a stop sign its road worthy. and we have cleaner air than CA LOL go figure

Back