• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Adelaide Owner

I knew it, you did live in Sydney in a past life. I am pretty sure that car came on the drive with us NEO.

GEE that was nice of your Adelaide neighbours. Are you sure there wasn't a brick found amongst all that glass.

Sorry dippy9 the car has had a past life in sydney but not me. I bought the car from a guy called Grant who lives in Kirrabilly. The pics were taken when i just bought the car and was driving back to Adelaide. Nice fast trip back got the car up to 285kph on the hay plains could have gone faster still but radar detector went off and had to slow down for the cops.

I bought the car from a guy called Grant who lives in Kirrabilly

he is actually in NSX Prime as well his nick: NSXclubofAustralia
and good to see another Aussie NSX

cheers :smile:

that would be me!!!

Nice photos Les - I have added them to my collection (I will just pretend that I took them!)

Glad to hear the car is going well. 285kph..........you are a braver man than me Les!!!

it had to be didn't it. Grant has to be the person who introduces the most amount of people to the NSX ownership experience. 285!! just a little bit braver than you grant??? not according to what i saw you did with that car when i was up there, burnouts, donuts, 300 kph flybys. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Gran tnext time you buy one can it not be red please. Everyone seems to follow your lead up in Sydney. BTW i though you lived on top of the Sydney Harbour bridge?

hey <B>dippy</B>, i was IN grants car during those 300kph fly-bys. ;) Not only did we leave skid marks on the road, i left skid marks in the passenger seat. :D :redface: :D lol

Neo/Dippy,
there is only one fatal flaw in your stories.......I never drove the car out of the state.........and I challenge you to find a road in NSW that is in sufficiently good condition on which one could actually reach 300kph.......if you could reach that speed perhaps the car would fly over the many potholes we have to put up with!!!

Ha Ha Ha. Ohh that is why that other red NSX came down to the great ocean road and opened it up enough for people to call the police and tell them about the NSXes hooning around. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Man did you even take it over 5000rpm, cause me and Nico blew you. Wait a sec that is because your car is standard :biggrin: HOWEVER i hear a certain rumour that your car could be practicing its octive levels and is going to be singing very nicely soon, am i right? :confused:

Sydney got to love it!!!! Maybe you should bribe NSXSA to swap house for a week. Every road over there is like your motorway.

hehee.... when/if Grant gets his exhaust, he will be breaking NSW protocol that NSX's must be stock (excluding King Nico who doesn't even have a badged honda anymore ;) ) ... so Grant might have to seek refuge in Melbourne. We would welcome you with open arms (and throttles :D )

If we got the two of you together with dali's, oh man... it would sound like Barry White and ... Barry White!!! :p "Can't get enough of your bass baby"... :D :D

Dippy, the rumour is true.........I am going to break with Sydney protocol and my own "It was good enough for Senna" beliefs, and try the Dali exhaust..........does the novelty wear off? or do you never get sick of going through tunnels.......

grant=stock as a rock old equation..

new grant=dali=go fast crackpipe= dippy and nsxbox wannabe :)

Just like the FOrd ad
You know you want it!
You know you need it!

Welcome Les!

Looks like you have some nice parts from Dali there! :wink:

Also, I would love to hear about that water spray brake cooling system you have there.... Sounds interesting....

I am very interested in any Philip Island track days you know about! So please let me know!

Cheers,

Mike

AJ, i just wanted to thank you for reviving these aussie threads. All the European NSX boyz have taken over our "International Forum" of late. :p :D

<B>AU_NSX</B>: Mike, when are you coming down to Melbourne??? You don't belong in Sydney... you're not "stock" at heart. :D

AJ, i just wanted to thank you for reviving these aussie threads. All the European NSX boyz have taken over our "International Forum" of late.

You're welcome. I keep forgetting to browse through here. It's so 'far' away.
:biggrin:

Hey guys have a look at the below links.
Exotic car road-trip... Alice to Darwin, magazine coverage, no speed limits, 4-day weekend, sometime in july...

Its an invite only exotic car run club. Hard to get into i am the only Janpanese vehicle to get in. We meet at 5.30am most Sundays for a 150-300km run through some of Adelaides most spectacular roads at break-neck speeds.

Just what theses cars were built for.

Enjoy....

http://www.users.on.net/~ashsimmonds/bulletchase

http://www.snowcreek4.com.au/saveferrisday.htm

Les

Hi Mike (AU_NSX)

Sorry to take so long to reply.
I will get some pics and furhter info of the brake water injection system on my car for you.

As for the Philip Island Sprint week ends theres one on next week end unfortunately i cant make it due to family and work commitments. The following link has the sup. regs. and other info if your interested. Give it a go its lots of fun and quite safe. Give me a call if you want to have a chat about the sprint week end or the water injection system...

http://www.piarc.com.au/files//PIARCJune Sprint Supp Regs.pdf

Cheers
Les
0412 824 824

NSX-SA said:
Hey guys have a look at the below links.
Exotic car road-trip... Alice to Darwin, magazine coverage, no speed limits, 4-day weekend, sometime in july...

Its an invite only exotic car run club. Hard to get into i am the only Janpanese vehicle to get in. We meet at 5.30am most Sundays for a 150-300km run through some of Adelaides most spectacular roads at break-neck speeds.

I would *LOVE* to see AU_NSX's TT on that trip. All the Lambo's and even the GT40 would be eating dust... "what the hell... its just an nsx?!?!?" :D :D

How does the Ford GT survive through the desert, because doesn't it drink like a fish? It would need to stop for more fuel every 200km. :eek:

nice pix Les... very nice. I didn't know Australia had its own autobahn... i think a trip to SA is in order now. ;)

I didn't know Australia had its own autobahn... i think a trip to SA is in order now.

How do you think we get everywhere so quickly around Adelaide :D

I've heard about that silver lambo doing high speed late night runs in the Adelaide hills ;)

This is the lastest url for the Bullet Chase now - Exotics in the Outback

http://www.users.on.net/~ashsimmonds/outback/

Anyone can come as long as your car is Exotic. For the record the GT40 goes pretty well however he still couldnt keep up with my NSX even though it has a worked V8 and only weighs 890kg.

G'day NSXers in Australia,

I am an NSXer myself and from where I come from, NSX parts are rrreeaalllyyy hard to come by. I am currently in Darwin for a working trip. Anyway, do you guys know where I can get NSX parts here?

G'day NSXers in Australia,

I am an NSXer myself and from where I come from, NSX parts are rrreeaalllyyy hard to come by. I am currently in Darwin for a working trip. Anyway, do you guys know where I can get NSX parts here?

are you refering to Genuine Honda part or after market NSX part ? if genuine part maybe try to get from Rick Damellian Honda in Sydney, but if after market part I dont think any shop in Australia can help

Back