• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Battery 85ma drain and improved chassis stiffness

New Battery-Hi all it has been a while since I have posted, been enjoying and being nervous about my recently acquired NSX. I have only so far had to recharge the A/C and charge the battery a few times, and I still have an exhaust rattle, and I think I need to tighten my motor mounts. Recently I did let the car sit for a little more than a week, and the battery died, so I plugged in the battery tender that came with the car and it came back up by the next day and I drove it, then let it sit for a few days, died again, battery tender didn't fix it, charged at 2amps over night, and it came back up, let it sit for 8 hrs and the battery was dead again. Came to the conclusion that the battery was toast, bought a 35 series battery at Menards (who is having a sale on batteries right now, $69.99 for the 24 and 35 series!!! Exide batteries) put it in this morning and all is well again.
85ma- Before hooking up the neg terminal I did a quick check to see how many amps this damn thing was pulling in the state I left it, windows down in the garage with everything off, the result was 85ma, which seem pretty much in line with what I have read here. So I hooked it up and took it out for a 1/2hr drive and it seems I can tell a difference in performance, could just be me though. Is 85ma ok for the battery drain on this, or should I investigate further? Its sitting now, no tender, and I am going to check it again when I go out for lunch in a few hours.
Improved chassis stiffness-of course while pulling the battery you have to remove the aluminum support the spare mounts to, while doing this I noticed that the bolts her loose on the bottom, and not very tight on the top bolt either, while reinstalling them I tightened them down good and snug and again, I swear I could tell a difference in the front end stiffness, a pretty pronounced one too. Is that possible, or am I just fooling myself?

thanks for any input

MPX

I think you are fooling yourself. It's a very light duty piece with bolts not welds I doubt it does anything, it is also not attached to anything structural.

Back