• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory battery tender/charger question

For those who use the NSX battery charger through the passenger plug-in location... Do you close the passenger door fully while the charger is connected?

Or is the door supposed to be open slightly? I don't know if the electric line is going to somehow leave a mark on the rocker pannel or the door. And also, if the door is not fully shut, will there be any battery drain?

Thank you!

I draped it over the partially open window, but not optimal, so I had an additional cteck hookup routed to the front intake area, much easier.

Thank you. That's what I have been doing. Oh, well - I guess I will just stick with the status quo!

I put through the bottom of the door and just simply close it, no marks after 2 years. No issues with the battery

Thank you for letting me know. That's great to hear.

Just to be clear, when you say "the bottom of the door", is it towards the front or the rear (or middle)? So, basically, when I close the door completely, the line would be sandwiched between the door and the rocker panel, correct?

My only concern about closing the door on the wire is will you remember that you have it connected. I seem to forget often. Fortunately, I have it coming out the front. So it just disconnects. But under the door, might be an issue. As for sort of closing the door, I don't like that option as the window moves up when the door is completely closed to give a good seal. I would worry about that. But then again I worry about a lot of stuff that most people don't.

Back