• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Cartech Turbo

I think that most of you have seen the post by Cartech Preston of a some development work they are doing. I own the anticipated test mule. Will be sending the car down in September and hopefully it will be ready for NSXPO. I am wondering for all of you with forced induction, especially TT setups if you have upgraded your clutch and which model you have used. I have a 98 NSX with 20K miles. The FAQ just isn't that helpful for clutches. I am hoping to have the clutch in soon so I can break it in first.

I am using the Clutch Masters stage 4 with my turbo, I was using the stage 3, I had 17000 boosting miles before I went crazy with the car and wanted 500 hp to the wheels, I sent the clutch back for an inspection and told Jose the man at Clutch Masters what I was going to do
with the car and he said I needed to upgrade, the Clutch was in such perfect shape that he didn't believe I had that many miles on it. I would go with a Clutch Masters stage 3, it has the same peddle fill as stock.

Originally posted by Gerry Johnson:
I am using the Clutch Masters stage 4 with my turbo, I was using the stage 3, I had 17000 boosting miles before I went crazy with the car and wanted 500 hp to the wheels, I sent the clutch back for an inspection and told Jose the man at Clutch Masters what I was going to do
with the car and he said I needed to upgrade, the Clutch was in such perfect shape that he didn't believe I had that many miles on it. I would go with a Clutch Masters stage 3, it has the same peddle fill as stock.

Do they make a system for the 6spd trans?
If so are you required to change out the input shaft?

I am using the ACT (full clutch kit) on my TT. I love it! I have gone thru 3 other aftermarket clutches and this one is the best so far. Still feels like stock but never slips. Im at 398RWHP. I have had it for about 17K miles or so and its still grabbing strong. I also noticed that the ACT seemed to get rid of that little bit of "chatter" when getting into 1st gear from a stop. It is a nice yellow unit that has everything in it -flywheel too.

Thanks for the replies but I have a 98 with a 3.2 liter motor and the 6 speed. Both of those companies don't offer one for the 6 speed.

Originally posted by jorligan:
Thanks for the replies but I have a 98 with a 3.2 liter motor and the 6 speed. Both of those companies don't offer one for the 6 speed.

Your stock clutch should be fine. Seriously. Mine has taken everything I've thrown at it and still hasn't needed replacement. Mark B was the one who originally told me it should be able to handle the power, and he was right.

Marc
97 NSX-T TT

I was runing a 150 shot of NOS on my car and the stock clutch slipped really bad under NOS, I had an ACT put in and it was great until the engine incident. It feels the same as stock. I am hoping that it will be fine with the turbos.

Originally posted by nsxlover:
I was runing a 150 shot of NOS on my car and the stock clutch slipped really bad under NOS, I had an ACT put in and it was great until the engine incident.

Is your car a 97+ ? (I'll take a guess and say it isn't
smile.gif
)

Marc

Everyone,
Thanks. Marc, I'll just use my stock clutch until it starts to slip. Maybe the 97+ clutch has greater clamping force as compared to the 5 speed units.

Tim
98 (Soon to be TT) NSX

Back