• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New cf trunk lid for my Honda NSX

Thanks Sascha,

from my point of view, the buttom side is as important as the top side.
My trunk lid has the same fitment as the OEM part, that was my goal.

Here are some more pictures

photo-13159-26576919.jpg

photo-13161-3a1a9ce3.jpg

photo-13162-42e4b1ba.jpg

photo-13163-7c8a59f3.jpg

photo-13165-864fadc5.jpg

photo-13166-98501521.jpg

LoL.... what a wonderful perk of having LW trunk lid! Mine is always dropping when it gets cold.

One thing I hate most about the design of our cars.... that trunk area gets flooded with water.
y4mcO0v2R0lx-x_Om7MpAxgKUfYutM_QljAwSyYnAiqPTOa8lRmoje5FKc3tqYjXRTJ5xWxStW2C8vwKi8o-Q7kNe_3Ww1FRw0nahX6klQ83DU_c-e1d6XaHTvo0aFv4axOacEUSoYGrE-RajLy6xlVmsDbUTQBLUuKvrAnK1DuPjLl7cCrsoO8x6aNqEaXAXTtj1GtQdgIb5UiribgaLRYLA

I wonder if the CF will make it easier to see water spots when this inevitably happens....

Or maybe you're a responsible owner and have a garage for your car!

The main design problem is the water will stay on top of the taillights.
The gaskets of this parts will be tired at some time point and will edn with misted glasses

Thats a known problem, also that the water can drop through the RWG (rear windshiled garnish) to the rear valve cover.
So, for me, the NSX is definately not made for rain.
If I wash the car, I always have a plastic cover over the rear side of the engine, to the water will be leaded to the floor without
touching the engine.
Thats a good way to hold the spark plugs, the gaskets and the ignition coils into a perfect shape.

Here are some more impressions, with my 1th gen cf trunk lid.
I'm very happy with the look, so the whole top side of the car is black.

photo-171-93176857.jpg

photo-13167-561ac318.jpg

photo-13168-e58cffd5.jpg

photo-13169-87907b8f.jpg

Last edited:
The main design problem is the water will stay on top of the taillights.
The gaskets of this parts will be tired at some time point and will edn with misted glasses

Thats a known problem, also that the water can drop through the RWG (rear windshiled garnish) to the rear valve cover.
So, for me, the NSX is definately not made for rain.
If I wash the car, I always have a plastic cover over the rear side of the engine, to the water will be leaded to the floor without
touching the engine.
Thats a good way to hold the spark plugs, the gaskets and the ignition coils into a perfect shape.

Here are some more impressions, with my 1th gen cf trunk lid.
I'm very happy with the look, so the whole top side of the car is black.

photo-171-93176857.jpg

Amazing!

I definitely encountered some of the adverse affects of water on the rear bank, mostly on one or two of the coil packs, but suprisingly not as bad as one might assume with it being an original 27 year old car that has seen plenty of rain of all kinds from showers to torrential downpours. Maybe I had less corrosion due to water from the lack of washing the car frequently or at least not spraying a lot of water near the rear windshield garnish, lol.

The RWG should have a fold system, which could be closed.
Also a drainage at both sides, same system like installed at the front windshield.

I have thought about that, but my car only see water during washing, so not a real problem for me.

A simple solution would be a rounded cf cover under the RWG, which leads the water behind the rear valve cover and drain it to the floor.

Maybe an idea for the future.:smile:

Last edited:
I guess RFY offers something like that - Rear coil pack rain guard - 175 USD was the price when i checked the item some month ago.

I guess RFY offers something like that - Rear coil pack rain guard - 175 USD was the price when i checked the item some month ago.

One of the members on the NSX Great Britain forum came up with a design for a shield which fit under the garnish to reduce / eliminate the water on the rear coils problem. He was selling copies of the covers; but, that may have been a limited time thing. If you go to the NSX GB web site you may be able to find details on the shield.

Hello Procar,
That looks great, can I ask you what brand is that?

Thanks,
David

Edit: I did some more research and see they are your own parts. Beautiful quality! I am blown away. I will be in contact with you when I secure an NSX.

Last edited:
Back