• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New for July 2001 - NSXPO 1998 video from American Honda

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
nsxpo98.jpg

NSXPO 1998 video by American Honda. They had a video crew there and put together this nice 14 minute video clip of the event and sent it to all who attended. Modem users beware, this is a 68MB download.
http://www.nsxprime.com/Gallery/multimedia/nsxpo98.rm

That's a cool video. At NSXPO 1998 the guys filming the event said that everyone would be sent a copy. I guess this is our copy? No one ever recieved that...

Absolutely untrue. A list of attendees was provided to the folks producing the videos, and they sent one to everyone who attended. I got mine. Lud got his. Everyone I know got theirs. This is the first time anyone has reported not receiving one.

was that another NSXCA screw up?

No, this is just another false charge being thrown at the NSX Club of America by someone who has a grudge against the club.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 22 July 2001).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
That's a cool video. At NSXPO 1998 the guys filming the event said that everyone would be sent a copy. I guess this is our copy? No one ever recieved that...

Absolutely untrue. A list of attendees was provided to the folks producing the videos, and they sent one to everyone who attended. I got mine. Lud got his. Everyone I know got theirs. This is the first time anyone has reported not receiving one.

was that another NSXCA screw up?

No, this is just another false charge being thrown at the NSX Club of America by someone who has a grudge against the club.

Bull! I went, where's mine? Jackie went, where's hers? Jackie's dad went, where's his? The list goes on...

Guys, there is no need to start an argument here. I know you do not like the club anymore Bill while Ken is a big club supporter, so let's leave that alone.

I did receive a copy, which is what I used as the source for the digitized version I posted. I remember it took a long time to arrive, I'd guess 10+ months after the event (it's been a while and I don't remember exactly) but I did eventually receive it.

I also had no idea that others hadn't received their copies. Perhaps you can still contact someone at American Honda to get one? If not, I will send you mine and you can copy it (I no longer have two VCRs or I'd do it for you).

Alternatively I can burn the the TV-quality .MPG digitized version to a CD-R and mail that to you. I digitize everything in high quality and then scale it down so the files are a somewhat manageable size for the Internet.

Anyway, just let me know!

I did receive a copy, which is what I used as the source for the digitized version I posted. I remember it took a long time to arrive, I'd guess 10+ months after the event (it's been a while and I don't remember exactly) but I did eventually receive it.

The event took place in May '98, and the videos were sent in September '98, according to this post to the NSX e-mail list:

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 16:08:35 -0500
Subject: [NSX] Surprise in Mail[via LSMTP - see www.lsoft.com]

Those of you who attended NSXPO '98 might be surprised when you return home today. I opened the mailbox a few min. ago to find the video that Acura produced covering the event. A NICE piece of work to add to your NSX memorabilia collection.

Now when is NSXPO '99? *SMILE*

-------------------
David Lewis
[email protected]

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
I am downloading it but what player whould I use to open it??........(6 hrs. from now
smile.gif
). It isn't listed on the multimedia page......

You need Real Player to view it. www.real.com - if you look around there is a free version but they don't make it very obvious.

It will be linked on the Multimedia page after the next monthly update. Forum readers get the "inside scoop" as I add stuff and announce it here throughout the month. Then everyone else sees it during the next full website monthly update.

Ken - Have the club send ours.

The club never had them. The club merely provided a list of attendees to American Honda, who sent them. Given that this is now three years after the fact, I doubt that they still have any around. I think your best bet is to take Lud up on his offer and make a copy of his. Seems like a good solution all around.

Back