• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New here, and future owner

Well. I've done all that I've wanted to my AP1 I was gonna go FI but decided against it. I think it's time to move on, and the NSX is the next move for me.

The thing that I worry about is using the NSX as a daily rig (around 13k miles a year). Meaning it will be my only car, my other means of transportation would be my SP1 :wink:.

Is there any insight that you daily drivers (NSX drivers) can give me in this situation ? Good or bad.

Thanks,

Vic

Welcome :smile:

There are lots of NSX daily drivers on this site. Do a search and you will find many related threads. The average miles for NSX owners is 5K per year so you will rack them up in a hurry.

Not any reliability issues to worry about. A few cars have 200K+ miles and I have heard of one with over 300K.

What kind of traffic will you encounter? The clutch can wear your leg out in a hurry if you have to constantly engage it. I hate driving my NSX in heavy traffic...it would rather see open roads.

Good Luck on your search.

Taffic isn't that bad, I only take the freeways to work. 605 to the 5 or 605 to the 91 if the 5 is packed.

the clutch shouldn't be a problem I had a 3 puck not sprung loaded disc dual pressure plate in my civic, same drive. That was killer :biggrin:

Thank you sir !

Welcome, you will have a blast driving the NSX around.
The only hard part is when you have to stop driving and park it.:smile:

I have a nsx as a daily driver. My biggest complaint is worrying about my passengers. The nsx is hard to get into and girls always complain about it. Also tall and big guys will feel cramped. When I'm driving by myself I never have a complaint. So I think if you don't worry about your passengers or don't carry them a lot then you should be very happy.

Im pretty sure the NSX has more interior room then a S correct :smile: My S is slammed to the ground, so the passangers already now what the deal is LoL

Im a pretty big guy also, so I hope there is at least a LIL more room then the S.

It depends whether or not you have a long torso. The NSX has tons of leg room to accomodate people up to 6'6", but the dimension from the seat to the roof is limited. Some folks buy a thinner seat cushion from Dali racing to gain some more head room. I'm 6'3" and my hair just touches the top of my coupe. I don't fit too well in a targa since the roof is thicker and takes away some headroom.

i drive mine daily and it has nearly 198,000 miles on it and still going strong. just before i bought mine i ran in to a guy that had a blue '92 and he said this: "its still a honda. it will run forever". so far its holding true for me. ive had it 3 years and nothing major has gone wrong.

s2k's are not for me. my legs are smushed and my elbows smack the drivers door. with the hard top i have no complaints about head room. i dont know bout with the rag top up tho. with the nsx i dont worry bout hitting my funny bone when i close the door and i have plenty of leg room but my head has bout 1/2 inch to the roof. not a big deal till i put my helmet on to race. then i get in a bind.:eek:

LoL yeah that good to hear. the space I want in in leg room. my legs are really cramped in the S, even with the seat all the way back and seat is straight up. And I feel you on hitting my arm on the door.

I already started the hunt for my NSX. I just need to put the S for sale now and see what I can get for it.

Thanks again guys !

It depends whether or not you have a long torso. The NSX has tons of leg room to accomodate people up to 6'6", but the dimension from the seat to the roof is limited. Some folks buy a thinner seat cushion from Dali racing to gain some more head room. I'm 6'3" and my hair just touches the top of my coupe. I don't fit too well in a targa since the roof is thicker and takes away some headroom.

Yea, im 6'6" and the head room sucks. The leg room is great cause the wheel moves towards me to clear my knees unlike most cars. I am going to try to cut the seat cushion so I sit lower cause now my head basically hits the plastic on the targo top roof. Its crammed but its worth it.

Back