• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Konig Wheels (sorry pics did work before)

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would share some pictures of my new wheels. I also lowered my Bilsteins to the lower perch level. I am not that good at taking pictures so bare with me :eek:. I have an 18/19 combo with 18x8 and 19x19.5, tires are 215/35/18 and 265/30/19.

Enjoy!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC00157.jpg
    DSC00157.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,196
  • DSC00169.jpg
    DSC00169.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,233
  • DSC00166.jpg
    DSC00166.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 563
  • DSC00158.jpg
    DSC00158.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,001
  • DSC00176.jpg
    DSC00176.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 864
Those look good. Are you running rear spacers? The rear seem to stick out a couple of mm but I personally like that.

Hey Greyhound,

I am just running factory springs with Blisteins on the lower perch level :smile:. I was thinking of buying some lowering springs, but after reading posts on the forum I really like the height that this setting gets.

David- Thanks for the compliment, I am acutally not running an spacers the rears have an offset of +25 and the fronts +35. I was looking for the wide stance look, I am glad with the way it turned out :biggrin:

Hey Greyhound,

I am just running factory springs with Blisteins on the lower perch level :smile:. I was thinking of buying some lowering springs, but after reading posts on the forum I really like the height that this setting gets.

David- Thanks for the compliment, I am acutally not running an spacers the rears have an offset of +25 and the fronts +35. I was looking for the wide stance look, I am glad with the way it turned out :biggrin:

Wow, it looks allot lower than just an inch or so from stock. I like the way it looks now, i don't think i would go any lower if i were you.

Yeah it was weird when I first put the wheels on, I really didnt get the "4x4" look. So when I lowered it on the lower perch it just made it look that much cleaner. I am definitely not going any lower than this, it handles nice and still takes the bumps pretty well. Thanks
Kind Regards

Looks good, but it needs to go little bit lower.:smile:

:biggrin: lower would definitely look better I like where your heads at haha, I love how yours looks but just to be on the safe side I think for now I am going to leave her at this height.

Looks good, but it needs to go little bit lower.:smile:

:biggrin: lower would definitely look better I like where your heads at haha, I love how yours looks but just to be on the safe side I think for now I am going to leave her at this height.

The slammed look is great when the car is only driven on flat clean surfaces but i made the mistake years ago by going too low with my Supra and the car went from being a daily driver to getting driven maybe two or three times a month because of scraping issues.

Then one day i hit a 2x4 laying on the highway and it destroyed my front lip and front mount intercooler. I couldn't even clear 2" at speed.:redface: Thats when i fixed the damage and sold the car. I vowed i would never go that low again. It did look cool though.:cool:

The slammed look is great when the car is only driven on flat clean surfaces but i made the mistake years ago by going too low with my Supra and the car went from being a daily driver to getting driven maybe two or three times a month because of scraping issues.

Then one day i hit a 2x4 laying on the highway and it destroyed my front lip and front mount intercooler. I couldn't even clear 2" at speed.:redface: Thats when i fixed the damage and sold the car. I vowed i would never go that low again. It did look cool though.:cool:

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, we had a 1995 Honda accord back in the day and my brother and I had it lowered on coilovers, lets just say we lowered too much and ended up repairing the rims on more than one occasion :wink:. And we also vowed we would never do that again. But yes the lower look is amazing especially on these cars.

Are you 100% sure these are stock springs? They look way too low, even on the lower Bilstein perch..

I am pretty sure they are stock, black with no markings, I still need to get all four wheels aligned.

Your car looks lower than mine and I have a 1.3 drop from Tanabe. I think your stock springs have serious saggish, but the height looks great :) Wished mine stood like yours.

Your car looks lower than mine and I have a 1.3 drop from Tanabe. I think your stock springs have serious saggish, but the height looks great :) Wished mine stood like yours.

Thanks for compliment, I am not to familiar with the issue of sagging springs. How can you tell they are sagging? I still need to get the vehicle aligned, I think it may correct the height. :confused:

Thanks for compliment, I am not to familiar with the issue of sagging springs. How can you tell they are sagging? I still need to get the vehicle aligned, I think it may correct the height. :confused:

Well older cars tend to sag over time with more use and such. It's just a natural occuring physic. My old 90 300ZXTT looked like it was lowered, but it was just old saggy springs. The only way to correct them is to replace them with newer or new ones. How much of a wheel gap did you have before you installed the struts? Should have been plenty, like an SUV lol. Yours definately look lower than 1" drop, only my front looks lower then yours, my rears look about the same level wheel gap if not higher than. My front tanabes have actually sagged passed 1.3 inches I believe and I have rubbing issues at full lock. They are only ~1 year old! I guess that what happens with small progressive springs. The rear ones are still holding up strong and have not sagged yet since they are much larger/thicker.

I have a stock 95 spring set with ~16k miles on them laying around somewhere. There was definately no sag at all, I have pics to show. Totally not a pitch for sale, but I'd be happy to sell them to you for a cheap price? LOL. I'm sure you may want the original stiffer 91-94 style springs though if not go completely aftermarket that is.

Back