• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NorCal owner saying hello

I'm a first-time NSX owner in the East Bay Area -- introducing myself to fellow enthusiasts.

Over the weekend, I purchased a '91 Berlina black on black with 6 speed conversion.

VIN JH4NA1152MT002631

I've made an appointment at Trackspec for some overdue service (TB / WP / etc) in early July. After that, I'm looking forward to taking the car for a spin! Hope to see some of you on the road soon.

Hello - Welcome to the new ownership.
Good call on getting the mechanics done. Then you will be able to fully enjoy it.

Got any plans for the car or keeping it as is?

Thanks!

I'm a big believer in preventative maintenance. I'm hoping to keep this as a forever car.

I like it stock, and I'm not interested in tracking or racing, so no motivation to change it. My loose plans are:
1) one or two years from now, upgrade the wheels
2) seven years from now, at next major service, consider paint refresh
3) ten years from now, slap a CTSC on it

I'm looking forward to getting the major service done so I can start driving it. The TB was last done in '09, so I don't want to tempt fate by driving it around before then.

I'm a first-time NSX owner in the East Bay Area -- introducing myself to fellow enthusiasts.

Over the weekend, I purchased a '91 Berlina black on black with 6 speed conversion.

VIN JH4NA1152MT002631

I've made an appointment at Trackspec for some overdue service (TB / WP / etc) in early July. After that, I'm looking forward to taking the car for a spin! Hope to see some of you on the road soon.

Welcome! got pics? Berlina is my favorite!

Mine is bright yellow and it grabs a lot of attention. You should be able to fly under the radar with black compared to mine.

Wheels are always a fun upgrade for the car. However, be sure to keep the originals. The light weight fat fives have a different feel to the car that many like.

You might have some trouble finding a CTSC since they went out of business. Good news is that SOS has a solution. You just need to find a way to get the car smog.
https://www.scienceofspeed.com/inde...rcharger-system-for-the-first-generation-nsx/

Mine is bright yellow and it grabs a lot of attention. You should be able to fly under the radar with black compared to mine.

Wheels are always a fun upgrade for the car. However, be sure to keep the originals. The light weight fat fives have a different feel to the car that many like.

You might have some trouble finding a CTSC since they went out of business. Good news is that SOS has a solution. You just need to find a way to get the car smog.
https://www.scienceofspeed.com/inde...rcharger-system-for-the-first-generation-nsx/

Ah, good call-out on CT. I found a few places that sold the supercharger, but I didn't think to check if the company was still around.

Hopefully, in 10 years, I'll have figured something out about passing smog with a modified car. That CARB EO for the CTSC is incredible; I'm surprised SoS didn't buy the IP just to get that grandfathered-in tech. I guess it's a very niche market at this point.

Welcome to the NORCAL group. Did you check out the NORCAL NSX FB page? FB is not a great resource but it rounds out what Prime sometimes lacks.
You're on the right track with Trackspec, Jon Vo is great and a NSX supporter!

Rich Wong

Welcome! There are quite a few active NSX owners around the bay area. Myself and another berlina owner live on the same street. Hope to see you around!

Welcome aboard!
H-

Back