• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX on sale in Spring 2000

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this Car and Driver article sounds like it was lifted directly from a recent thread of this NSX Prime General Discussion forum.

Even the $143K price estimate is exactly the same. I have not yet searched this site for the thread yet, but it looks to me that the article info is based on a rumor started here.

Someone met a Honda exec on a plane flight, and the guy spilled the secret beans to a complete stranger. Not likely for a Honda exec who wants to stay alive.....?

Don't get me wrong. I certainly hope the car sells for $143K. My "old" 95 NSX-T in mint condition will appreciate, rather than depreciate, if true.

Furthermore, if the new car has 400 hp, I can get 400 hp out of my "old" car just by spending $20K on header, intake, exhaust and supercharger. No need to spend an extra $100K!

Maybe it would be fun for us to start a really stupid rumor and see how long it takes to appear in a national magazine. How about a thread entitled "2005 Cold Fusion-Powered NSX", or "NSX To Be Discontinued in 2002", or "Honda Sells Worldwide Acura NSX Rights to Cadillac." Jeeeez....

Any better ideas?
------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

[This message has been edited by NSXY (edited 19 January 2001).]

Horrible Photoshop job.

And, unless I'm mistaken, the thread about the $143K price tag was started by someone who read that article in Car & Driver.

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Yeah, the front end of the Yellow NSX in that C&D looks exactly like the front end of the S2000 in the same issue. They even failed too extend the bumper line across the fender and the side air intake is even worse. I can't believe that Honda would allow for such a picture to be publicized or at least let it go unanswered. Whoever at C&D photoshopped that picture should be punished and drive an Azteck for a year.
smile.gif

Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see which ace Honda is holding up their sleeve and hope that it meets or exceeds our expectations of what the new NSX will be.

Latest update!!!
The new NSX will be powered by a V12, 800+HP, convertible that will go from 0-60 in 2seconds flat for the price of $50k! I heard it from the guy that I sat next to on the bus, who heard it from his sister's aunt, who heard it from the guy that works at McDonalds who is a brother of the CEO at Honda in Japan. For Reals!!!!!

Sorry guys... Couldn't pass this up.
wink.gif

Until there's more compelling news update or actual pics of the car(which is not likely), I'm not buying into it.

Back