• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX owner

I just bought a 97 Red/Tan NSX last night and I have a question. Is keyless entry standard on the 97? I find it hard to believe this car would not have keyless entry. The dealer I bought it from had several keys but no key fob for entry. Is this something I can get from an Acura dealer?

It's in the FAQ, but the answer is that keyless entry is an option on the NSX. There are a few delaers that offer a discount on all OEM parts and the install is very easy, a 30 min DIY at most.

BTW, congrats on the purchase of your NSX and welcome to the club of owning one of the finest exotics ever built.

Congratulations on your new purchase Agent... and welcomet to the NSX family.

By the way... which Agent are you? Haven't we met before? :p
-neo

welcome aboard....my '98 didn't come with keyless entry and i'm not planning to install it either.

NeoNSX said:
Congratulations on your new purchase Agent... and welcomet to the NSX family.

By the way... which Agent are you? Haven't we met before? :p
-neo

No, I'm new to the forum. I've been asked that a couple times.

PFORPAUL said:
WHERE did you buy the car-post the vin please
and good luck and safe driving!

The car came from IL and has been there since new. I ran carfax and confirmed it is Acura certified for another 6 months.

bayareansx1999 said:
how much did you pay for the NSx and how many miles?

$45K and 34K miles. Acura certified. Excellent condition inside and out. The previous owner traded it for a special order M3. I've had an M3 and I think the NSX much cooler!! Also, everyone and their mother drives a BMW.

Excellent price for a clean, low mileage '97 still under warranty. This, coupled with the clean 1-owner, 49K mi '95 that I got for $34.5K last week leads me to conclude that the economy is surely taking a toll on the re-sale value of these cars, as well as other high dollar sports and luxury cars. In the face of these two current datapoints, I find it rather incredible that folks are still claiming that clean '91s and '92s, many with over 70K miles, are still worth $30K

Agent said:
$45K and 34K miles. Acura certified. Excellent condition inside and out. The previous owner traded it for a special order M3. I've had an M3 and I think the NSX much cooler!! Also, everyone and their mother drives a BMW.

it all depends on the buyer.. you can sell the car at whatever price you prefer, but if there is no buyers, it wont do any good :D

You know, stuff happens in life. An M3 is a heck of alot better than an NSX if you need the car to accommodate a spouse and a baby seat at the same time.

dougjgreen said:
You know, stuff happens in life. An M3 is a heck of alot better than an NSX if you need the car to accommodate a spouse and a baby seat at the same time.

Very true. I just wanted something different this time. I have my everyday driver and myu wife has her Merc Benz. This time I just wanted a fun toy that not many people have.

dougjgreen said:
Excellent price for a clean, low mileage '97 still under warranty. This, coupled with the clean 1-owner, 49K mi '95 that I got for $34.5K last week leads me to conclude that the economy is surely taking a toll on the re-sale value of these cars, as well as other high dollar sports and luxury cars. In the face of these two current datapoints, I find it rather incredible that folks are still claiming that clean '91s and '92s, many with over 70K miles, are still worth $30K

I think I did ok on the price. I don't feel like I got ripped off. That was my biggest fear in looking for a high end sports car. I was negotiating on several at one time and everything just lined up right on this one. The colors,milage,warranty, I don't think I could have done much better.

Back