• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NEW NSX Pricing - What "should" I pay?

I need advice. I'm interested in a brand new 2001 NSX Silver. What should I expect to pay right now? I understand there is a rebate availabe - is it just to the dealers or should it figure into the negotiation? Am I screwing myself because the 2002 (or 03) is projected to be @ $55K (speculative) and is basically the same car. Write away because I need to understand this - I'm not rich, just capable to afford the car.

who said the new nsx was 55k maybe that was the info. 1 year ago i would get a 97 or 98 nsx and save the money in depreciation or sepend the extra and get a new one 97' and 98' average is around 48k to 58k

The '02 is not likely to go down in price.

There is an incentive on '01's still in the showroom. I don't know if they go to the dealer or the consumer, but your dealer should be able to tell you.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
The '02 is not likely to go down in price.

There is an incentive on '01's still in the showroom. I don't know if they go to the dealer or the consumer, but your dealer should be able to tell you.

Niello Acura has a few and they have priced them quite agressively; incentives are being passed to customers, and check lease options also, the money factor is quite low. They even have a silver 01-T with vin number ending 00001! It was at display at our local car show this weekend ...... Vince the sales manager has been keeping it for himself, or the right cu$$tomer ......
smile.gif

And if you tell him I referred you, he may be even nicer to our local NSXCA chapter .... LOL ....

Originally posted by gerald:
how much lower?

When you consider the manufacturer rebate, etc., we are in low $70Ks, one of the few times I have seen such prices .... even I am tempted at trading my 98-T with only 15K miles ...... best thing is if you or anyone else is seriously interested, give Vince Gregory, General Sales Manager at Niello Acura a call. 800-350-2299.

They are particularly motivated on a new 2000 Blue-T that has been in their showroom for a while, and they still have the 2000 white-T with Comptech SC, Comptech springs, Comptech exhaust/intake/header and 17/18 wheels .....

HTH

Low 70Ks is actually just a regular correction on the
depreciation value of the car (just 41 more days the car will be a 1 year old past model). With the new model coming up next year there should be a sharp drop in the price of the OLD model (as ussually has happened for other luxury cars at the same DEALER INVOICE price range when there is a new model), I believe the correct value should be in the 60Ks next year for the car to be a GOOD DEAL (in addition to the current downturn in economics, most people seem to hold their spending for luxury items).

Keep in mind that (a) offering incentives is actually like lowering the dealer price of the new car, but that (b) a low-mileage car that has been titled (a "used car") will always be worth less than a no-mileage car that is brand new.

With brand new '01 NSX's selling for low $70's, it would be hard to get more than high $60's right now for, say, a 2000 NSX-T with less than 5K miles.

This has nothing to do with the introduction of the new model, and everything to do with the price of the new '01's still in the showroom.

I don't think the lack of takers through an eBay auction is necessarily an indication of what cars are actually selling for.

BTW, don't forget that there's a couple grand luxury tax added onto the sale price of a new car, not a used car.

Back