• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner in the GTA!!

After two years of lurking on this site, I finally got myself a 91 NSX. Just drove back from Florida with it. 50k miles on it, and resprayed GPW. I bought from Tmoney on this forum, great guy. It's the one with the crazy big wing....it will stay on for now....but the NSX-R wing will replace it in the future.

First drive
The drive didn't even seem long, I love how the road seems to just slide right underneath you, I felt like I could just reach down and touch the road, it was a really weird feeling. Love how stable the car feels and the shifter felt like my old Integra Type R, just with a more mechanical feel.

Help
I have to pass the inspection process now, can anyone help me with DRL's? I want to hook up the marker lights and use them as my DRL. I just got the car and I don't feeling comfortable ripping wires out, if someone on this forum had done this already, their help would be greatly appreciated!
If I have too....I could put FOGS on, and then take them off after the inspection. My SRS light is also on, but I might be able to talk my way around that one....unless someone knows how to disable the light, or let me borrow their old wheel.....will return it I promise. :)

Mechanic?
I also plan on doing a full tune-up, any recommendations from mechanics? I heard good things about FACTORYNSXTECH at Oakville Acura.

I can't wait to join some of the meets. I live downtown, there is a guy with a 93 Black with gold rims that lives around me....think his name is Peter.

I can help with the DRLs.

I used the front marker lamps for DRLs. Used 4 diodes, a fuse and power from the ignition switch. That is all that's to it.
you will find that the park lamps actually have a wire unused. Use that with a diode at each lamp. Wire this to the ignition switch via a 6A fuse.

Then add two diodes one on each lamp of the factory wiring. You will need to cut the factory wiring to insert into the circuit.
If the car igition swith is on, so are the lamps.

ps. without the diodes, you will be running other accessories all the time as the 12 volts passes through back through accesory circuits. As well the rear park lamps and side markers will be on all the time.
Very simple, yet the car looks great with the front park lamps on all the time.
If you need to I can send pictures.
crude diagram (5min) attached.

Attachments

• DRLs_v01.jpg
    DRLs_v01.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 141
Congrats and welcome, especially with the ivory interior!

As for mechanics, most people on the board go to Erin Mills Acura or Oakville Acura. I personally take mine to Gilman because they're closer to me (east end). Be sure to make a checklist of all the things your want checked/done. A "full tune-up" sounds pretty vague to the mechanic.

And lets see some pics!

Welcome, I can help with the DRL lights, I have an extra set that you can use to pass the inspection

Erin Mills and Oakville are the NSX Club of Canada dealers, and you get 20% discount on parts and labour if you are a member of the Club.

Where are you located? drop me a PM

Bram

Congrats on the acquistion. Pictures please.

For a 91, you don't need DRLs as it is over 15 years old. Just get your safety and drive clean, register and enjoy.

Rob at Oakville Acura is the best. Go see him. I have used Gilman for little things like oil change and alignments, but otherwise you can't go wrong with the workmanship of a certified NSX Tech.

Congrats on the acquistion. Pictures please.

For a 91, you don't need DRLs as it is over 15 years old. Just get your safety and drive clean, register and enjoy.

Rob at Oakville Acura is the best. Go see him. I have used Gilman for little things like oil change and alignments, but otherwise you can't go wrong with the workmanship of a certified NSX Tech.

DRLs are required in Canada on all cars from 1989 on.

After two years of lurking on this site, I finally got myself a 91 NSX. Just drove back from Florida with it. 50k miles on it, and resprayed GPW. I bought from Tmoney on this forum, great guy. It's the one with the crazy big wing....it will stay on for now....but the NSX-R wing will replace it in the future.

First drive
The drive didn't even seem long, I love how the road seems to just slide right underneath you, I felt like I could just reach down and touch the road, it was a really weird feeling. Love how stable the car feels and the shifter felt like my old Integra Type R, just with a more mechanical feel.

Help
I have to pass the inspection process now, can anyone help me with DRL's? I want to hook up the marker lights and use them as my DRL. I just got the car and I don't feeling comfortable ripping wires out, if someone on this forum had done this already, their help would be greatly appreciated!
If I have too....I could put FOGS on, and then take them off after the inspection. My SRS light is also on, but I might be able to talk my way around that one....unless someone knows how to disable the light, or let me borrow their old wheel.....will return it I promise. :)

Mechanic?
I also plan on doing a full tune-up, any recommendations from mechanics? I heard good things about FACTORYNSXTECH at Oakville Acura.

I can't wait to join some of the meets. I live downtown, there is a guy with a 93 Black with gold rims that lives around me....think his name is Peter.

Congrats on the purchase I was looking at that one for a friend but he wanted a tan interior, it looks like it is in awesome shape. If you can make a trip down to Guelph I can help you with the RIV process, I have imported a lot of cars and the service manager at Canadian tire knows me and just checks the VIN and stamps, unless you really want DRL's on your vehicle. Thanks
Kind Regards
Mohammad

Congrats and welcome to the fold.

Now lose that wing! :biggrin::rolleyes::cool:

Welcome MaITR99,

I have a little info on DRL's? If you still need it. I found it to be the easiest and never had to install any lights or other wiring or relays.

Basically you have a fuse panel on the driverside by your left foot called the dash fusebox in the manual, you will have to take the couple screws out from the lower kick panel under the steering colum and remove the panel to have better access to it, its very easy.

Then on the very top above all the fuses you will see 4 male prongs, starting from the rear of the car to the front of the car C910,C911,C912,C913 this is where I tapped into.

I ran a small wire maybe 3" inches long and crimped a female spade connector on each end and put the wire from C910 to C911 the one right beside it.
So you jumper C910 to C911 and now when I turn my key to the ignition on position it activates my DRL.You can remove it after inspection or leave it on as I did.
All your front and rears light up including side marker lights, just like turning the lights on to the first position.

Here is a little info and the service manual page is 23-49

C910 (rear-most): hot with running and headlights *(Use this one)<--------
C911 (second from rear): hot with ignition *(Use this one)<--------
C912 (second from front): hot all the time (i.e. battery) not used
C913 (front-most): hot with accessories not used

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11076&d=1097467528

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11077&d=1097467607

Good luck and hope this helps fellow NSX members for the easiest method I found and did, it involves no factory wire cutting, just a self made 3" inch or so homeade wire with a female spade connector on each end and plugging it in.

Maximumyield

Back