• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New stablemate for the NSX

I purchased a new (used) stablemate for my NSX. Should have it in hand for mid August. It will replace my current daily driver (Volvo S60R).

Tim

DSC00008.JPG

Looking forward to getting back into a daily driver that has a lot of GRUNT. I simply don't drive my Buick GNX enough over the course of a year to satisfy that need and the NSX falls quite short in that category. I'm confident the wolf in sheeps clothing solution will eliminate the hole.:tongue:

Hey, I thought you liked that S60R? Still not enough power? Too much saftey stuff?
I REALLY like the Volvo, but I've always like the Audi more. Until June 25th of this year the only way I would ever own one was:

1. Move to the US and become an American - Not an easy thing to do and not desirable anyway;
2. Locate one of the 90 cars that were sold by Audi Canada in 2004;
3. Wait 15 years until the car dropped off the inadmissable list for the Registrars of Imported Vehicles.

On June 25th the Canadian Gov't finally caved to increased pressure from something I guess, because the RS6 is now available for import into Canada. It all had to do with the Bumper Standards. I started an immediate search for the best RS6 for me now in hopes of having one imported prior to Thanksgiving. I stumbled across one from a dealer who I low balled and they accepted. As such I have now put my Volvo S60R Sonic Blue 6MT up for sale and hope to offset some of the cost for the purchase of the RS6. I listed the Volvo at CDN blackbook price so fingers crossed for quick sale.

Is that your GNX i see so often in the NW (Crowfoot area)?
No it's not. Mine is a garage queen that hasn't been licensed for road use for almost 8 years now..... >sigh< The one your refer to is a friend of one Brady's (another Calgary NSX owner if I'm not mistaken). I tend to be a introvert when it comes to my cars and don't show and tell for the most part. People can sometimes be quite clicky with their rides and many times I feel ackward with discussions that arise. The Buick is hands down the quickest street legal car I've had the opportunity to own/drive. The Audi will be a relatively close second. Time to get that supercharger on the NSX!!

Cheers
Tim

Last edited:
Tim, you need to take my beast for a boot!(Boost)
Trev

I REALLY like the Volvo, but I've always like the Audi more. Until June 25th of this year the only way I would ever own one was:

1. Move to the US and become an American - Not an easy thing to do and not desirable anyway;
2. Locate one of the 90 cars that were sold by Audi Canada in 2004;
3. Wait 15 years until the car dropped off the inadmissable list for the Registrars of Imported Vehicles.

On June 25th the Canadian Gov't finally caved to increased pressure from something I guess, because the RS6 is now available for import into Canada. It all had to do with the Bumper Standards. I started an immediate search for the best RS6 for me now in hopes of having one imported prior to Thanksgiving. I stumbled across one from a dealer who I low balled and they accepted. As such I have now put my Volvo S60R Sonic Blue 6MT up for sale and hope to offset some of the cost for the purchase of the RS6. I listed the Volvo at CDN blackbook price so fingers crossed for quick sale.

No it's not. Mine is a garage queen that hasn't been licensed for road use for almost 8 years now..... >sigh< The one your refer to is a friend of one Brady's (another Calgary NSX owner if I'm not mistaken). I tend to be a introvert when it comes to my cars and don't show and tell for the most part. People can sometimes be quite clicky with their rides and many times I feel ackward with discussions that arise. The Buick is hands down the quickest street legal car I've had the opportunity to own/drive. The Audi will be a relatively close second. Time to get that supercharger on the NSX!!

Cheers
Tim

US RS6's are now allowed into Canada .. so the 2003's

Tim, you need to take my beast for a boot!(Boost)
Trev

Whipple or centrifigual system? Big difference in total power output. The system I have in the garage is the Novi2000 BBSC which lays down 430rwhp. That's about 480bhp if my math is correct. The Audi is chipped and laying down 530hp with 525lbs of torque..... :)

US RS6's are now allowed into Canada .. so the 2003's
That is correct.:biggrin: Only 90 were released by Audi North America in Canada during the 2004 year. I hesitate to guess I'm one of the first handful that will add to that total - possibly even the first given this is just a few weeks old.

Tim

Last edited:
Whipple or centrifigual system? Big difference in total power output. The system I have in the garage is the Novi2000 BBSC which lays down 430rwhp. That's about 480bhp if my math is correct. The Audi is chipped and laying down 530hp with 525lbs of torque..... :)

That is correct.:biggrin: Only 90 were released by Audi North America in Canada during the 2004 year. I hesitate to guess I'm one of the first handful that will add to that total - possibly even the first given this is just a few weeks old.

Tim

yes the RS6 will give a Supercharged NSX a run for its money for sure.. ive driven one recently with Chip, Exhaust, Down pipe, Upgraded Intercoolers.. and wow, id estimate a good mid 11 sec 1/4 time on street tires

so is your car an 03 or 04?

Fat Lady singing out loud!

Car was imported to Canada from the US this past weekend. Could quite likely be the first one imported to Canada over and above the original 90 that were imported by Audi Canada in 2004. :biggrin:

frontl~1.jpg

frontr~1.jpg

rearle~1.jpg

rearri~1.jpg

Nice Audi RS6!!

How would you describe the comparision to your S60R?
The Volvo was a great car and solid bang for the buck. Not entirely fair to compare the two as they are in two totally different leagues for pretty much everything aside from both having 4 doors. I will say that I liked the dash controls and the stereo controls on the Volvo more. I also really like the Sonic Blue color of the Volvo and the fact that it was a 6MT vs. the Audi's 5TT. For everything else the Audi blows the Volvo out of the water. Brakes on the Volvo are BIG. Equal to or bigger than most NSX BBK's. The Audi dwarfs them both with HUGE rotors and 8 piston calipers. Power - night and day. The Volvo keeps up with a stock NSX. The Audi crushes them both. The list goes on and on. There is a reason why it cost more than 6 digits to get into the Audi here in Canada and why it's labelled as a 'Super Car'. I'm more than stoked to be a new owner of such a limited production vehicle.

Tim

One thing I've always wondered is why get an Audi RS6 over the Audi RS4. Isn't the power to weight ratio better in the RS4 than the RS6? Possibly more nimble?

What was your reason to buy the RS6 over the RS4?

Thanks for the previous response. Great depth!

One thing I've always wondered is why get an Audi RS6 over the Audi RS4. Isn't the power to weight ratio better in the RS4 than the RS6? Possibly more nimble?

What was your reason to buy the RS6 over the RS4?

Thanks for the previous response. Great depth!
The RS4 is lighter and has a better power to weight ratio indeed. It's also a 6spd which I would prefer. Unfortunately it's more money (because it's 4 years newer), it has a smaller cabin and trunk (not good when you haul around two kids - legroom, luggage, etc.), it's also Quatto AWD, and most importantly it's NA. For less than 4K the RS6 will push out 550hp in comparison to the RS4's 420 (and that's at Calgary altitude - 3900ft.). The RS4 loses power off the stock numbers at that altitude. :)

Hey Tim,
Looks great....when are you going to bring it around to show it off? Sounds like its a rocket ship. How long did it take to get though all the cross border crap?
I crossed through Idaho and it took less than 10 minutes (including both the export from the US and the import paperwork on the Canada side. I did my wifes truck through Couttes late last summer and it took me 3.5 hours to clear after the border patrol agent(s) opted to park me for balking at their desire to tax me on the shipping amount I incurred in the US to have the vehicle shipped from Florida to Great Falls. Not legal and when I questioned it they parked me and took their 'sweet gr_ass' time (pun intended). Couttes US office took more than 1 hour to get up from their desk and come to the front counter to take my paperwork and then another 15 minutes to return it. IF there was a fire in the building everyone would have been killed because molasses moves quicker.

Now all I have to deal with is the RIV which will be easy and then the provincial inspection which will require a couple of things (DRL, different tail lights I think, not much more though from what I know.)

Tim

Last edited:
Well guys. It's official now. I'm chipped out and pushing 560hp. Weight aside that should put me through the traps at right around 12.0secs with a pair of child seats in the back and two sets of clubs in the trunk. lol Not bad for a tank.

Well guys. It's official now. I'm chipped out and pushing 560hp. Weight aside that should put me through the traps at right around 12.0secs with a pair of child seats in the back and two sets of clubs in the trunk. lol Not bad for a tank.

You should try my GTech Pro, it'll give you a good idea. It was accurate when I used to race.

Back