• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New to me - 1991 Berlina/Ivory (My First NSX) :)

Just picked up my dream car a couple weeks ago. Been a long time lurker on the site and was just gathering information and knowledge until i was able to pick up my dream car. Didn't want to give up my S2K as I thoroughly enjoy that car as well. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment with the NSX

76A51CED-4721-4CAE-B2E3-24C630295BCE.jpg4E7EE691-894F-453E-9E13-13EDEE38172E.jpg

Last edited:
very nice I owned an ap1 s2000 for 10 years....Have fun with the nsx.Where did you find it?

very nice I owned an ap1 s2000 for 10 years....Have fun with the nsx.Where did you find it?

Car was in San Antonio. I had a buddies wedding that I had booked and planned for a few months. Car actually popped up on here. Flew in, went over the car, wedding the next day, and then drove back to NC on the following day.

Wow super timing on your purchase! I am up in Asheville and also have a s2k and nsx. Let me know if you find yourself up this way. If you have any questions dont hesitate to reach out..

Welcome to NSX ownership. That is a beautiful example.
I like the color of your S2K too.

That sounds like a nice trip. You got to enjoy watching your buddy get married and you were able to find your dream car.
How was the drive to NC? I bet it was smiles the whole way.

Amazing story. Congrats! I used to have an AP2 S2000, and wish I could have kept it!

Always been a Honda fanboy with many owned over the years. The NSX ever since I saw it as a teenager was one of those cars that I knew I had to have when I was older. Had a chance to pick one up a few years ago before the uptick in prices and had to pass it up due to a out of state move for my current position. Well, better late than never lol

Thanks for that link, lots of good info there.

Congratulations. With obvious affinity for Honda products, what made the NSX the "dream car"?

Here is some thoughts I have scribbled down to capture some of the things I've learned over the years...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...to-new-NSX-Owners-(and-maybe-some-not-so-new)

Welcome to NSX ownership. That is a beautiful example.
I like the color of your S2K too.

That sounds like a nice trip. You got to enjoy watching your buddy get married and you were able to find your dream car.
How was the drive to NC? I bet it was smiles the whole way.

Trip was great. Got to spend time with my wife as she had never been to that part of Texas, great wedding as well, and to start the trip I actually flew a friend of mine form home to make the trip home ( wifey flew back as she needed to be back before me), so I actually got to pick him up at the airport in the car. We then stopped, taped up the front of the car and drove back straight the night into the morning. Needless to say we were exhausted but the trip went without a hitch and we all made it back safely.
IMG_5037.jpg

nice tape job...reminds me of my 2 day pre xpo painter's tape extravaganza...

Trip was great. Got to spend time with my wife as she had never been to that part of Texas, great wedding as well, and to start the trip I actually flew a friend of mine form home to make the trip home ( wifey flew back as she needed to be back before me), so I actually got to pick him up at the airport in the car. We then stopped, taped up the front of the car and drove back straight the night into the morning. Needless to say we were exhausted but the trip went without a hitch and we all made it back safely.

Awesome. What a great way to get to know the car. I did something similar when I bought mine.
For my own experience, I know you and your friend will reflect back on the trip with many smiles for years to come.

congrats for this amazing buy !
Definitely my best color choice. Ivory interior looks great, the color contrast is awesome.
I never see those colour combo here in France, probably because I don't think we could order a coloured interior before 1995 here...

congrats for this amazing buy !
Definitely my best color choice. Ivory interior looks great, the color contrast is awesome.
I never see those colour combo here in France, probably because I don't think we could order a coloured interior before 1995 here...

thank you man! Are NSX in general rare in France?

I've seen a couple ones only a very few times at jdm car meetings but never seen one on the road in my entire life ( almost 40 years)
They sold less than 200 units in total (na1/na2).
In Europe they were sold at almost twice the US price, and the wait after the order was, IIRC, 2 years so Honda was fair and let the customer who wanted to, to be reimbursed. That's what did most of them...

I've seen a couple ones only a very few times at jdm car meetings but never seen one on the road in my entire life ( almost 40 years)
They sold less than 200 units in total (na1/na2).
In Europe they were sold at almost twice the US price, and the wait after the order was, IIRC, 2 years so Honda was fair and let the customer who wanted to, to be reimbursed. That's what did most of them...

wow thats crazy you havent seen one on the road at all. I spent some time in Europe and never saw one either but i did see some other cool cool cars lol

Oh really, where have you been in Europe ?
Yes, we can see a lot other great cars (mcLaren, Ferraris, Aston Martin, Lambos...) in the streets but the "real exotic" cars like the NSX, skyline, Lancer or RX7 FD (only 40 sold in France) are almost impossible to see in normal conditions.

Nevertheless, I've been told recently that the LHD NA2 coupe NSX were available ONLY in Europe at the time, and are the most rare version of the NSX (even more than the S type Zero), with only 20 units sold word-wise. If anyone can confirm ?

PS : sorry for hi-jacking this thread, that is my last question off-subject here I promise :)

Oh really, where have you been in Europe ?
Yes, we can see a lot other great cars (mcLaren, Ferraris, Aston Martin, Lambos...) in the streets but the "real exotic" cars like the NSX, skyline, Lancer or RX7 FD (only 40 sold in France) are almost impossible to see in normal conditions.

Nevertheless, I've been told recently that the LHD NA2 coupe NSX were available ONLY in Europe at the time, and are the most rare version of the NSX (even more than the S type Zero), with only 20 units sold word-wise. If anyone can confirm ?

PS : sorry for hi-jacking this thread, that is my last question off-subject here I promise :)

Spent time in the UK, Netherlands, Germany and Belgium a while back. I had an amazing experience.

Back