• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New to Portsmouth, NH

We tend to visit Portsmouth a few times during the prime driving season with our NSX. The roads are clear, so we are heading to Portsmouth late am on the 24th if you or any other owners are around and want to meet up.
Sent you a PM.
Bob

The Northeast Exotic Car Show at the Budwisier Plant in Merrimack, NH in the late summer is an excellent show and generally has about 6 or so NE NSX owners there.

We tend to visit Portsmouth a few times during the prime driving season with our NSX. The roads are clear, so we are heading to Portsmouth late am on the 24th if you or any other owners are around and want to meet up.
Sent you a PM.
Bob

Staying at the Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront. Till I find Appt. or house with 2 car garage for rent. Which is proving to be difficult.

Pm sent

Brett,

Sounds great! I was thinking maybe we can meet up at or near the parking garage at 9:30 on Saturday, then take a ride down Rt 1 along the coast, if anyone else wants to...its a real scenic ride.

Brett,

Sounds great! I was thinking maybe we can meet up at or near the parking garage at 9:30 on Saturday, then take a ride down Rt 1 along the coast, if anyone else wants to...its a real scenic ride.

Caffe Kilim has the best espresso in downtown, just few blocks away.

OP...did I just see you washing your car off route :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I live in Portsmouth, been here for 5 months now. I'm always up for a meet with some nsx folk. That is, if you dont care that I no longer have my car :frown:

OP...did I just see you washing your car off route :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I live in Portsmouth, been here for 5 months now. I'm always up for a meet with some nsx folk. That is, if you dont care that I no longer have my car :frown:

Your welcome to come :cool:

That sounds like a good meeting place - 9:30 ?

http://www.caffekilim.com/Location.html
Agreed, looking forward. Fyi I might be driving my 993 Porsche; My NSX is going to Unique Car Care (Rick) in Wakefield for some TLC.

Last edited:
When: Sunday May 6th 2012. CHANGE DUE TO POSSIBLE RAIN ON Saturday. Arrive around 7:00-7:30AM and be gone by 9:00AM.

What: A gathering of Porsches and other sports cars, where owners can talk cars, share stories, meet old friends and make new ones. We are inviting other sports car clubs to participate, including Ferrari, Jaguar, BMW, Miata, Corvette and Viper. This is NOT an antique car show, street rod gathering, or concours. Just sports car enthusiasts getting together for a few hours to share their passion for their cars. If you know of someone who has an interesting sports car, invite them as your guest, to bring it and share with like-minded enthusiasts.

Where: At the Panera Bread Cafe, 52 March Avenue, Manchester, NH. Take exit 1 off Rte. 293 and go north toward Manchester on S. Willow St. (Rte. 28). Panera is located in the TJ Maxx shopping center about the 3rd left north of the interchange. If you get to Stop n Shop on the left of S. Willow St. take that left (Cahill Ave.) as it doubles back to March Ave.

Logistics: There is no pre-registration and no cost. Just show up if the spirit moves you.

FYI: The owner of Panera Bread stores in southern NH is an NER member and has graciously offered us free coffee and a bagel/pastry in support of this gathering. If we get a huge turnout, we just need to be cautious that we do not take undo advantage of his generosity.

Detailed and Clean

Detailed and Clean

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jacke30m20/sets/72157629576752404/with/7132119569/

7132119569_99ac0855ec_b.jpg

Adam,
I saw you mentioned this C&C on another thread - thanks for the update. I plan on stopping by tomorrow.
The NSX looks great - can't wait to see it in person! Are you still considering going to Lars Anderson C&C in Brookline, MA next Sat? We are planning on heading to that gathering as well. Maybe you can bring it then, as I'm sure the Porsche will be out tomorrow...

Many people have expressed interest in starting this up.

Feel free to extend the invitation to friends, family and other car nuts (doesn't matter what make). Preference is to keep things low key so we don't attract unwanted attention:biggrin:

Location: Starbucks Parking Lot, Taunton, MA (65 H Taunton Depot Drive, Taunton, MA 02780)

Date: Every other Sunday (Weather Permitting) Starting April 8th, 2012

Time:9:30 AM until whenever

Location Description: The location is perfect for this type of get together. The traffic is light on Sunday Mornings since most of the stores are still closed. We often get people that will stop by to look at the cars and ask questions and we have never had any bad experiences. Local patrols also leave us alone which is nice. If we get a big draw of cars we can always park at the Circuit City parking lot across the street which has a huge lot and no traffic.

Weather Permitting: Most of us don't mind meeting up on cold or overcast days but rain really spoils this one since we are standing outside. If it's raining or looks like it will assume the GTG is cancelled. We may schedule for the following weekend if there's interest.

These get together really serve two purposes. The primary intent is to get the cars out and drive them. Find a new route on the way or maybe take the long way home. The secondary reason for the get togethers is the people. We all have similar interests and while our reason for purchasing the cars may differ we all love cars and love talking about them.

This get together fills the void between the bigger PCA and other Car Shows. I and others will try to provide updates so everyone knows when the next GTG will be.

Looking forward to some good turnouts!

Back