• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new Zanardi / Type-S Shift Knob from ScienceofSpeed - limited special!

We've been very impressed with the shifting in our Zanardi edition NSX. The shift knob used in this special edition is the same found in the Type-S edition in Japan. This heavy-weighted T304 stainess steel shift knob feels excellent in the hand and the weight allows the knob to easily drop in to gear. This is by far the best shift knob we have ever used. However, at the $300.06 list price, it was hard to justify.

After testing with different materials and finishes, we've been able to accurately replicate this shift knob at a fraction of the price.

Limited special has expired, thank you :)

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...s/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Zanardi_knob/default.asp

knob-450.jpg

best regards,
-- Chris

Last edited:
timing...

THIS is just plain EVIL. I literally bought a titanium ball (NSX-R) shift-knob yesterday!?! :mad:

Anyways, would you call this finish gunmetal or is it more of a buffed, matte look?

Best knob south of a c-note I've seen thus far. :cool:

chris,

i tried to make an order but its showing up as 99 dollars. so i had to stop it at the pay pal screen

Chris@SoS said:
The high-grip finish is achieved by micro glass bead blasting. It's the same type of finish as on the factory Type-S, Zanardi, and NSX-R knob.

Just installed this on my car & love it!

take care,
-- Chris
Can't wait to receive mine Chris.

BTW - I left you a message at the shop right after you called me. Ring me when you have a moment.

Thanks.

legendr35 said:
chris,

i tried to make an order but its showing up as 99 dollars. so i had to stop it at the pay pal screen

Please call us direct to take advantage of this discount.

5 units remaing for special.

cheers,
-- Chris

Chris - When used with the new Type-R cloth shift boot, will this hold the boot up as is? I've got the Gruppe M shifter now (seems to be the same, minus that bottom lip), but there's no way to hold the shift boot up.

burbel said:
Chris - When used with the new Type-R cloth shift boot, will this hold the boot up as is? I've got the Gruppe M shifter now (seems to be the same, minus that bottom lip), but there's no way to hold the shift boot up.

Yes, the bottom lip of the shift knob is used to keep the boot up. You can see this demonstated on the NA2 NSX-R prototype:

shift_boot.jpg

regards,
-- Chris

Thanks for the link, Chris. I saw that this sits 10mm lower than the stock shift knob, if I read correctly. Does anyone know how much lower the GruppeM sits than this shift knob? I like the height of the Gruppe M, but would really like to have the boot held up.

edit : After checking some other photos from other users I can see there is a pretty big difference in height. I'll stay with the current for now, then, but thanks for the quick response!

Last edited:
legendr35 said:
chris

any news on shipping status? thanks

All open orders have shipped. If you need some tracking info, please give us a buzz and any one of us can help you.

take care,
-- Chris

Great--thanks. Immensely helpful.

Which leads to another question--should I have purchased another boot from SoS as well? I have the stock shift knob and boot. I only purchased this knob so it doesn't seem to fit exactly the stock boot...

Back