• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

newbi here like to say "HI"

hi 2 all,

well i've been planning and looking for a NSX for a long time now. been lurking around prime for a lil bit, haven't post much. doing the reseach thing and well soon be a owner of one. i live in western NY (Rochester) and was wondring if anyone else is near me. i can see that prime is one of the best forum around for NSX and infor.

hope to meet all of you guy one day...
Kase

Let me know when you have the car so I can show you how to spend your life savings on mods. I am the forum expert here on that. :biggrin:

Welcome...post a pic man (of the car that is, not you :)).

thanks, the car is a 91' I/H/E, lowered with Type S, 02' wheels and brake kit.
the only left to do is F/I:biggrin:

There's a lot more left than FI buddy.... get your checkbook ready... I will PM you a nice guide I have developed.... :biggrin:

I have not been on prime for a few days, I missed this thread. I hope everyone is doing well. FYI, the car Agent Boost is looking at is mine. As much as I love my NSX I feel like it is time to move on to something different. Based on emails I have had with him, he seems like a great person and will fit in well with the group.

I have not been on prime for a few days, I missed this thread. I hope everyone is doing well. FYI, the car Agent Boost is looking at is mine. As much as I love my NSX I feel like it is time to move on to something different. Based on emails I have had with him, he seems like a great person and will fit in well with the group.

i hope it works out, damn these insurance people. i spend bout 4 hours on the phone with so many company and still a dead end......

i have read alot of post on this but can anyone clear this up for me. why won't they insure the car more then their "book" say. what I'M going to pay for it...they don't think the car is worth that much..WTF... i had one guy ask me.
saleman..
ok how old are you sir?..

me..
i'm said 25 sir.

saleman..
and you can afford a car like this?

me..
huh..why would you ask me that and why would it matter if i can or not. if i can't why would i call you to see if you can insure me? (being nice)
saleman..
sorry..this is one of my dream car... and i can't afford to drive anything then a honda civic...

and hung up on me...
there a lil more to it, but it long story. so i'm head down to my insurance Agent office to talk to some in person. my work hours dosen't help either 9-5.
i'm not going to let this stop me from owning a NSX..soon:biggrin:

I hope more people from here will chime in, but I believe insurance companies have to pay what it would cost you to replace the car. I have seen multiple posts from Ken stating that others that have totaled their NSX have been happy with the insurance payout. Any one else have any experience?

Unfortunately, book value for a 91' NSX is around $18,500. The value is based on nothing other than a percentage subtracted yearly off the original MSRP when new. I went through this with my carrier when I purchased mine as well. You have (2) options to get the value raised being: 1) Insure the dollar amount of any mods done to the car....which is the road I traveled. I valued my stereo equipment at $10k to bring the insured value up to $28.5k. This rider added $600 to my yearly policy. 2) Some carriers offer "stated value" policies which cost significantly more than just adding the rider as I did.

I almost forgot........In NJ we can register the car as a collector car which would qualify for a limited use policy, downside being that the car cannot be driven more than 3500 miles annually. Hope this helps.

Ron

thanks for clearing that up for me. i will see next week how much it going to cost me and how they will insure the car for. the cost of the policy isn't an issue but the coverage is. just don't loose a car and money at the same time, if something happen, not that i'm planning anything happening.

Back