• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Next Houston Drive - Feb 26th

Hey Houston (and surrounding areas)

Looks like the vote is for February 26th for the next drive. Hopefully the weather will play nice that Sunday.

The plan:

This is a BYOP (Bring Your Own Passenger). Spouses, girlfriends, boyfriends, whomever you want to bring along. If you’re not supposed to be there with them, let us know so we don’t let it slip! :wink:

We will meet up at the Garden Ridge parking lot at 9:30AM at I-10 and Fry Road.
That should give some of the late risers a little extra time. :smile:

Wheels are turning at 10:00 AM. We will head West a bit, before we turn North.

Be sure to have empty bladders and full tanks, as the first rest stop will be at the 83rd mile, which could take anywhere between 1-2 hours.

After that stop, we will have a bit more “challenging” of a road, then stop again at mile 125 for lunch. Those that made the 2005 NSteXpo drive will remember the place. Big burgers, and chicken fried steak as big as the plate, if you order the large. AND, a FREE 86 oz steak if you can eat the entire thing!

Total mileage from Garden Ridge to 249 & 1960 is roughly 168 miles. Time is estimated at 4:27:06, considering “normal” driving speeds. :tongue:

I know it’s difficult to get a commitment, but I will need some sort of a head count for the restaurant, so let me know if you THINK you can attend, and how many you are bringing with you.

Also, keep an eye on this thread. I will update this message and cancel the drive before 8:00 AM if the weather becomes an issue.

Hope to see y’all there! :biggrin:

Sam

Last edited:
Once again, Sam is THE MAN :biggrin: Thanks for arranging this for all of us.

At this point, I will be attending w/ my girlfriend :biggrin:

I am in...I will let you know if I bring my wife or girlfriend though..:biggrin:

hahahahaha...it's all fun and games til they both decide to go:tongue:

Sam thanks so much for putting this together!

Sarah and I will be there, my mother-in-law will be in town and is going to baby sit for us.

Ricky the second you try to out run the group I am going to question your wife on why she thinks you are able to walk away from all the rest of the cars with such ease. :wink: :biggrin:

can't wait guys! so looking forward to this gtg!! hope weather is nice for the event. Ricky, how about you bring your wife and i will bring your girlfriend instead!:biggrin:

someone pls tell Z. i want to check out his new whip!!

NSX FoYoAss said:
Me and the wifey will be there!

Wow that explains a lot! :eek: Now I know why the NSX is going on the market! Maybe after going on the group drive she will let you keep it?!?! :wink:

Sounds like a plan! Count on me, whatever cutie-pie I can convince to spend that much time with me, and my inexplicably untricked out 91, to be there.

Looks like my reservation will be pending for an updated AEM wiring harness.:rolleyes: Hopefully I can get it back before the end of the week.

Sorry for the delayed response guys but I have been in and out of town on business. Not to mention the Quizno's my wife and I just bought began construction and things are going crazy. Either way count me in on the drive.

Awesome Alex! Where is the Quizno's gonna be located? Will you be driving the 911 turbo, then?

Lex5847 said:
Sorry for the delayed response guys but I have been in and out of town on business. Not to mention the Quizno's my wife and I just bought began construction and things are going crazy. Either way count me in on the drive.

I might come out there. I'll be by myself though :redface: If I trailer my car up to Houston, can I leave my truck/trailer at the Garden Ridge parking lot for a while? I won't be able to do the whole drive...

1TITENSX said:
If I trailer my car up to Houston, can I leave my truck/trailer at the Garden Ridge parking lot for a while?

Can't say that it will be a problem, but I also can't speak for Garden Ridge. I don't think I would take the chance.

Sam

The Quizno's is going t be in midtown next to the BW3 Wings. It should be open in about 5 weeks. I have not yet purchased the 911 Turbo yet although it is being held for me until I sell the NSX. My brother's father-in-law buys car at wholesale and resells them so he was able to get me a great deal on the 911 Turbo.

Cool deal Alex..I go to that BW3 a couple of times a month since it is near Downtown. Hope to see you this weekend.

1TITENSX said:
Does anyone have any suggestions :confused:

I see you are coming from the Corpus Christi area. I know you said you could not finish the drive, but I'm afraid we will be in the middle of no where when you decide it's time to go...I do a LOT of backroads, and very little main roads, so trying to get you pointed back to a main highway might be difficult.

If you want to meet me, you can leave the truck/trailer parked in the front of my store. This does mean you would have to meet me at 9:00AM as I wish to be at Garden Ridge before 9:30 since I am leading the drive.

This is a map to my shop: http://www.wingtoys.com/New_Map.jpg

Unfortunately, if the weather does not cooperate (it still looks good for now, but we are 5 days away), then I will cancel the drive by 8:00 AM, which will mean you will be on the road for 2+ hours before the decision is made.

Back