• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Next Houston NSX Drive - April 2nd

Hey Guys (and gals),

The next drive, lead by yours truly, will be similar to the last run. We will, for SURE, pass through the forest again. Probably top to bottom this time.

We can call it the Houston NSX Fool’s Run (kinda catchy, huh?) :rolleyes:

About 4+ hours of total drive time, including lots of back roads, and maybe some freeway. Cool stuff for the most part. We’ll have lunch along the route. Probably not another buffet, but it will still be good.

I learned that morning isn’t the best time for SOME of folks, so we will PLAN to leave later than last time. Let’s say 10:00AM.

Spouses, SO's, riding partners, all are again invited.

Same meeting place as before, marked by the map below (thanks again Fastrunner!), behind the Texas Land & Cattle Restaurant, at Hwy 249 (Tomball Parkway) & FM 1960.

attachment.php

We'll probably see a lot of Bluebonnets out there, too!

Any questions, let me know!

Sam

I may have to miss this one. :frown: We have a neighborhood fishing tournament that same day which I really want to participate in.

Paul

Im supposed to be off that weekend, barring any things that pop up at the last minute id like to come along ! Can you map out the route for us Sam ?

... and if anyone needs a primo ride, S.L.'s beautiful 2000 Monaco Blue/Camel is currently for sale. If it's not sold, maybe I can join the group this time.

S.L.

damn, 4-2? that just sucks! i've way too much fun last time! i guess i will be joining paul, (not fishing but miss the drive also!) i really want to go!! Sam, can you change out the date? :wink: just kidding! have fun guys!!

I can't make it either...darn..I wanted to pick some bluebonnets and put them in a little vase inside stormriders car. :tongue:

Modernceo said:
Im supposed to be off that weekend, barring any things that pop up at the last minute id like to come along ! Can you map out the route for us Sam ?

I'm working on it now...hope to have it by next week.

Modernceo said:

Here's the route:

Hwy 249 to Grant Rd
L onto Grant Rd
Grant Rd to Spring Cypress
L onto Spring Cypress
Spring Cypress to old Hwy 290
R onto old Hwy 290
Old Hwy 290 to House Hahl Rd
L onto House Hahl Rd
House Hahl Road to Katy Hockley Rd
L onto Katy Hockley Rd
Katy Hockley Rd to FM 529
R onto FM 529
FM 529 to FM 362
R onto FM 362
FM 362 to FM 1488 (crossing Hwy 290)
R onto FM 1488
FM 1488 to continue FM 362
L to continue FM 362
FM 362 to FM 105
L onto FM 105
FM 105 to Hwy 6 (Pit Stop)
R onto Hwy 6 to FM 3090
R onto FM 3090 to FM 244
R onto FM 244 to Hwy 90
R onto Hwy 90 to FM 149
L on to 149 (through the forest) to Hwy 105

DECISION: Lunch at King’s Café or Heritage House

Continue FM 149 to FM 249

L onto FM 249 towards town

Round trip is approximately 188 miles.

Sam

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be in a business trip that time .. Can't make it this time .. but I'll catch y'all on the next one .. :smile:

Cheers .. Gus

WUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm back! And I'm in! Both weekends, I'm down for the drive, I'm down to meet at Reliant, I'm down fo whateva!!!! (and I will be early!)

See ya guys,
- Z

hi
i'll follow paul. tommy,gus,and ricky..i can't make it too..i'll be in the sky with the birds (skydiving).. i'll see u back on earth next time..hihi :wink:
pk

:biggrin: The weather looks like it will be PERFECT! :biggrin:

Remember, we leave at 10:00 AM...the meeting place has a Starbucks and a Kolache Factory in the parkling lot, so get there early (9:30 or so) and fill up before the drive.

Hope to see y'all there!

Sam

Guys,

I have bad news. I hit a cv joint on the highway Monday night and blew out my tire and bent my rear rim. I get my new tires Friday and the soonest I can install them is Saturday morning. Looks like I will be missing this drive. :( Which really sucks because I was really looking forward to it after hearing about the last drive.

Regretfully,
- Z

SamBel said:
:biggrin: The weather looks like it will be PERFECT! :biggrin:

Remember, we leave at 10:00 AM...the meeting place has a Starbucks and a Kolache Factory in the parkling lot, so get there early (9:30 or so) and fill up before the drive.

Hope to see y'all there!

Sam

Remember to bring your radios so I can tell you when we're lost! :tongue:

Back