• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Next Melbourne Cruise

Thank you all for a great day, and a big thank you to NeoNSX for planning it.

Hope to see everyone again soon and yes Neo, Greg has your camera bag.

Looking forward to photos!!!

Hey blokes .

TOOOOOOOPPPPPPPP DAY .

Excellent group of people , totally cant wait to see you all again .

Ill just post a couple of pix but leave the pro pix to Neo ....

MOst people know Neo here but today was the first time ive met him and for anyone that doesnt know , this bloke will do ANYTHING to get his shot which includes removing himself halfway out of a car while on the freeway taking action shots of behind side on cars ... you sir are a legend ... lol

few basic shots

Attachments

• DSC02314 (Medium).jpg
    DSC02314 (Medium).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC02344 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02344 (Medium).JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC02351 (Medium).jpg
    DSC02351 (Medium).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC02323 (Medium).jpg
    DSC02323 (Medium).jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 103
Thanks to all for a great day out. Both Vickie and I had a very enjoyable day, great company, food and of course cars, just need to change the speed limits on those roads and get rid of all that traffic! Mike, as promised those magazine articles and also a link to our website and a photo to show off to your boss, can’t wait to see your photos!

www.clake.com.au
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Attachments

• IMG_0035c.jpg
    IMG_0035c.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 88
  • AMCN CLAKE SEPT 2009.jpg
    AMCN CLAKE SEPT 2009.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 76
  • MOTORCYCLE TRADER CLAKE TEST P1.jpg
    MOTORCYCLE TRADER CLAKE TEST P1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 85
  • MOTORCYCLE TRADER CLAKE TEST P2.jpg
    MOTORCYCLE TRADER CLAKE TEST P2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 78
Hi, what a fantastic day and great to meet up with all of you again and to see some new faces.I'v been in my workshop making up a frame and welding it to the passenger door for our next cruise so NEO (mike) has a platform to lay on so he can take the next lot of shots,it took me about 2 hours when we got back from the cruise to take him home as he could not ware his bike helmet because of the gravel rash on his head.It was so difficult to drive and hang onto his ankles while he hung out the window:tongue:,again what a great day and can't wait for the next one and a special thanks to mike.
PS. Mike I have a larger helmet you can borrow until the swelling goes down.
greg

What a great day.Great company and really interesting NSXs. Thanks v. much to NeoSX for organising the drive and I can't wait to see the photos as NSX008 has explained. Anyone for Apollo Bay in April/May.

Skippy, Apollo Bay next year - late April or May - sounds good to us. Presumably drive down Saturday, come back Sunday? Maybe some of the SA guys would be interested in meeting us there?

Yeah guys I'm definately in no issues , might even bring the misses this time seeing a few came on the last run

if we do an overnighter I'll bring my car this time so we can also use that to store peoples gear for the overnight stay incase some of you are running low on boot space

neo you can ride saddle in mine this time and physically stand up out the sunroof and grab shots of all cars in the pilgramage lol

yes, it was a great cruise.... that was a good one.

i was going to upload photos tonight but got home from work sooooooo tired. (lol like John will accept that as an excuse ;) ). I will attempt to upload them on the weekend. But i assure you it will be worth the wait -- <U><B>i'm</B></U> happy with some of the shots which is really saying something, and there's a couple of absolute 'cracker' photos. :cool:

Greg, lol thanks for holding on my ankles... i felt a lot safer. However next time i'll just bring an old skateboard and you can tow me on that. :p

remotebandit - lol, i'd ride shotgun with you.... but shooting from a Cayanne, wouldn't i get lots of roof shots? :p ;) :D j/k

i was going to upload photos tonight but got home from work sooooooo tired. (lol like John will accept that as an excuse ;) ).

I understand. I've seen how busy your work can be :biggrin:

Greg, lol thanks for holding on my ankles...

LOL You really got the complete NSX ownership experience there didn't you? Most owners don't get to hold their ankles until they have to pay for snap ring repairs...:tongue:

I will attempt to upload them on the weekend. But i assure you it will be worth the wait -- i'm happy with some of the shots which is really saying something, and there's a couple of absolute 'cracker' photos. :cool:

Excellent, looking foward to it mate!

Sounds good Adam about Apollo Bay and yes the Caynne could be useful. That's 3 interested so far...

Yes Mike it was worth the wait for the pix absolutley stunning,LOL I will polish my wheels for our next run:smile: and I promise won't tell your mum how you took the shots.When you shot owen on the lean what kind of lean were you on and all I can say is well done Mike and thanks for a great cruise:biggrin:

Great photos Neo, I,m not sure how you managed to make my car look clean???
I just wish that we had taken a photo of you hanging out of the car! Count both me and Vick in on Apollo Bay and I think Aussie's idea of inviting the SA guys would be great, maybe we should see if any of the Sydney crew would be interested, (my red car is getting lonely) the first national NSX meet? who knows we could even break the record???
Cheers Owen.

Skippy, Apollo Bay next year - late April or May - sounds good to us. Presumably drive down Saturday, come back Sunday? Maybe some of the SA guys would be interested in meeting us there?

Set a date and we will come. We already have a yearly Tassie trip we could meet at Apollo Bay then keep going to Tassie.

Guys, i have sent you each a PM.... I have finally burned CD's of all my cruise photos -- just need mail addresses you're happy for me to post it too (*DO NOT* post them on this thread, please send via PM)

There are some good shots which never made it to the web. :cool:

I have been out of action so just saw your photos now Neo - awesome as always. The colour variety in Melbourne never ceases to amaze this Sydney boy..........

Hi All,

I've recently purchased an NSX from Alex in WA. For the record, he's a top bloke who has kept his car in A1 condition.

Based on the photos of the last cruise it looked like we needed a white one in Melbourne. From what I can see, most of the other colours are already taken!!!

Unfortunately I don't have the vehicle yet as it's in transit from WA, arriving tomorrow, needless to say I'm chaffing at the bit. I'd be keen to jump on board for the next Melbourne Cruise assuming I'm around, so please count me in.

All the best, David.

Last edited:
When the NSX first came out I was Transport/Fleet Manager for a organisation that purchased a large number of Honda Civic's as company cars. John Blair Honda was kind enough to occasionally loan me one of their NSX's and to be honest, I've loved them ever since. I did have a 32 series GTR Nissan a number of years back before they became common, but that was only because I couldn't afford the Honda. Whilst the Honda might not have the performance pedigree of the GTR, it well and truly makes up for it in looks and as you know, driving sensation. I've looked at plenty of vehicles around Australia over the past year and there was just something about this one. In fact if you had asked me when I first started looking, I would have said white would be the last colour on my list. Anyway, I've managed to make a short story long, so apologies for that. All the best, David.

Back