• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No 2005 NSX?????

A guy in another thread said that a dealer is saying no 2005 NSX. Can anyone confirm this?:confused:

No one can confirm this because no one really knows. However, from the dealers I spoke with, they feel strongly that the NSX will be back in its current form for '05 for one last hurrah.

We have alot of newbies, but us oldies remember the hype and speculation surrounding the '02 NSX when we were debating whether it was going to be a V8, V6, etc. Every dealer had their 2 cents on what was going to happen, and most of them were wrong. Our predictions is just as good as theirs.

Hi,
Yeah, I mentioned that the dealer I bought my NSX 2 weeks ago told me there will be no 2005, but at end of 2005, they MAY or MAY NOT come out with a NEW NSX for 2006. They dont know if they will go with a 50k model or a 200k model.

I also stated that this was what the dealer told me and I wasnt sure if it was accurate. No one really knows till it happens. From what Im hearing on the forum, the new NSX is scraped and I dont know if the old NSX will live on.

Calvin

NSXNXT said:
Hi,
Yeah, I mentioned that the dealer I bought my NSX 2 weeks ago told me there will be no 2005, but at end of 2005, they MAY or MAY NOT come out with a NEW NSX for 2006. They dont know if they will go with a 50k model or a 200k model.

I also stated that this was what the dealer told me and I wasnt sure if it was accurate. No one really knows till it happens. From what Im hearing on the forum, the new NSX is scraped and I dont know if the old NSX will live on.

Calvin

I can't see a 50k NSX or a 200K NSX. A 50k NSX would be cheaper than the first year they introduced it and I can't see that happening without a huge decrease in quality, as I believe Honda already takes a slight loss on the NSX anyways, and a 200k NSX is too much and won't be able to compete with similarly priced Ferrari's and Lambo's.

I know, but thats what they told me. They mentioned that the reason for the 50k NSX was due to the success of the honda S2000 and that any higher then that they wont get as much sales like the current NSX. As for the 200k NSX, they asso said it was less likely, but the HSC concept will cost that much to build if put in production. To be honest, Id rather buy as 200k ferrari then the new NSX for 200k. It would most likely hold its value more. Thats probably why they probably wont go thru with it. As for the 50k NSX, i hear as popular as the s200 is, sales are still low. There are dealers with 8 in stock. They cant move them.

Anyway, This is what Im hearing on forums and dealers.
Cavin

There seems to be alot of debate on this and I'm sure it's the same situation that we're always in for any new model from Honda/Acura. Nobody, not even the dealers will know until pretty much the day the cars hits the showroom floors. But we also have to realize that the dealers also have to order these cars for their allocation. So I was thinking, there are some Acura dealerships out there that sell several NSX's a year. Is it possible that someone on here could contact one of those dealers and see if they have ordered or have knowledge that they will soon be able to order an '05 model? I would ask my local dealerships, there are 2, but they never sell any of these cars. In fact I worked at one of them for several years and the only NSX that was ever sold there was a lease return from AZ that was later sold to someone in Texas.

Thanks for the input guy's just have to wait and see.

I guess their can't be a 50k NSX as they ( Honda ) supposedly nixed the HSC.

Oh well I guess I'll just keep trying to find a nice used one while I wait to see what Honda will do next:D

You know, so what if honda/acura comes out with a new NSX. it would not be affordable for most of us anyway. Id still buy the current one now. As for price drop, im sure it wont be by much. Look at the ferrari. When new models come out, the old ones dont drop much. I know the NSX isnt a ferrari, but why worry about it when you can enjoy a NSX now. (C=
Calvin

bridgewater acura on this site says he can get you a 2005 NSX. I've called 6 dealers including Greenwich Acura that sells the most of any dealer in the US. They all say that they cannot order a 2005 NSX and that there will not be one. Call Bridgewater up. He has said he can get one several times on these forums.

We'll know in September. If '04 is indeed the last year, I definitely need to get my hands on one.

Here is the link Doc C is referring to:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33966

All the dealers that I called told me that they don't know and will not know until Honda tells them. This was just last week. I pretty much talked to all of the dealers in Southern California.

Last edited:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/ae_news_story.php?id=37458

Article from: Auto Express
Tuesday 17th June 2003

NSX Earns Stay Of Execution

Fans of Honda's NSX will be relieved to learn the company has granted the ageing supercar a stay of execution until 2005.

Its longer life means there could be a limited-edition version, with the current 3.2-litre V6 VTEC rebored to 3.5 litres - increasing the output to 330bhp. The model could also offer Type R concept-style bodywork, as well as a mildly revised interior.

Well, not sure how valid this is coming from a magazine. I'm going to call Greenwich Acura tomorrow and offer them cash for one of their '04s if they can guarantee in writing there will be no '05. Let's see what they say. Several So Cal Acura dealers ended negotiations with me after I made that statement. Wonder what these East Coast dealers will say. Let me see if I willl get the same response that Doc C got.

One So Cal dealer told me something that made a lot of sense. They told me that in their experience, if they were to discontinue a model with no replacement, they would have issued a press release along time ago. Usually the news that this is the last model year will create a surge in demand. I honestly believe that.

They also said that if they were coming out with an '05, they will not issue a press release until absolutely necessary. If the public knew there was an '05 model being released a few months from now, who would want to get an '04? Makes sense to me.

Last edited:
I think they will continue the production of NSX, as it is not just business anymore...(even Honda was losing money on the NSX production for a while)

it is a pride of Japan motor industry, and it is too big now.
it is the only thing from Japan that shares the same social status as the Porsches and Ferraris.

In addition, there is rumor that Toyota will come out a V8 sportcar soon (notice that Toyota also involves in F1 racing now, although they have not won World Championship yet)

Honda must continue the NSX, and Honda may also need to come out with a V8 sportcar in the near future.

Will they release the NSX in the U.S though? They will probably keep it in Japan only.
Calvin

NSXNXT said:
Will they release the NSX in the U.S though? They will probably keep it in Japan only.
Calvin

You make a really good point. Cars like the Supra, 300ZX, FD3S RX7 and such were still in production for a number of years after they discountinued it in the US market.

The NSX still remains extremely popular and desirable in Japan. Won't be surpised if this happened to the NSX...

Well, if you can sell 200 cars @ 85K a peice, that is 17 million in revenue to give up. Why not keep selling them?

Doc C said:
I've called 6 dealers including Greenwich Acura that sells the most of any dealer in the US. They all say that they cannot order a 2005 NSX and that there will not be one.

Greenwich now says they expect a 2005 NSX to hit their showrooms within 45-60 days. A direct carryover from the current '04.

A direct carry over? Now this is getting interesting.

Why is that interesting? It means they didn't do a damn thing.

Exactly. They didn't do anything. Lots of people thought they would do at least something. Maybe a special edition. Or maybe not have an 05 model at all. That's interesting in itself. To me anyway.

To me it is yet another let down from HONDA. I guess nobody at that company cares at all about their image or the car. At this point I think I would just like them to stop making it instead of letting it drag on.

Now we will have:

05 Ferrari F430 - 490HP
05 Gallardo 500HP
05 Vette 400+ HP (z06 coming with 500HP)
05 Ford GT 550HP
05 Carrerra S 360HP
05 911 Turbo 420 HP
05 viper with 500HP

and the 05 NSX - 290HP:(

Was the 04 NSX even mentioned in ANY automotive magazine this year? (not the NSX-R) I don't think so. What a shame.

Make a CTSC or GruppeM stock on the car and it will get noticed again by the automotive press. Or bump it to 3.5L and 350HP. If Factor X or SOS can make it 3.3L-3.5L without much trouble, why can't Honda?? Leaving it alone is just prolonging a death sentence.

I forgot to mention a $25K 05 Mustang GT will have a v8 with 300HP. That is less than 1/3 the price of a 05 NSX with more power and probably faster in a 1/4 mile.:(

I agree with you. I didn't say it was interesting in a good way. I'm just as upset as you are that this is still going on.

White92 said:
I agree with you. I didn't say it was interesting in a good way. I'm just as upset as you are that this is still going on.

Thanks. I mean, when you keep letting down your core enthusiasts year after year, eventually they start to look elsewhere to a company that cares about its cars and keeping them competitive.

Once again, I agree. The changes needed to come long ago. While the NSX is still an awesome car, it is outdated. Why would someone buy a brand new one when they could get one that's 6 or seven years old that is basically the same thing for less than half the price? I'm not making fun of anyone who has bought a new one, this is just my opinion. Honda was always ahead of the game and a trend setter. Why hasn't a new trend been set already by them? I'm not looking for a 500hp supercar, but I am looking for something new. Give it to me Honda!:D

White92 said:
Honda was always ahead of the game and a trend setter. Why hasn't a new trend been set already by them?

Because it's a $$$MONEY$$$ thing.... not a car thing....

Back