• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No 2005 NSX?????

Is anyone here seriously considering the Skyline GT-R when that comes out from Nissan/Infiniti?

It's hard to go from an exotic looking NSX to a Nissan Maxima with a big a$$ wing on the back. I know the performance numbers are there with the skyline but that is one UGLY car. My next step will probably be a Noble, 2004 Esprit or a used Gallardo. (all my opinion of course).

NetViper said:
To me it is yet another let down from HONDA. I guess nobody at that company cares at all about their image or the car. At this point I think I would just like them to stop making it instead of letting it drag on.

Now we will have:

05 Ferrari F430 - 490HP
05 Gallardo 500HP
05 Vette 400+ HP (z06 coming with 500HP)
05 Ford GT 550HP
05 Carrerra S 360HP
05 911 Turbo 420 HP
05 viper with 500HP

and the 05 NSX - 290HP:(

Was the 04 NSX even mentioned in ANY automotive magazine this year? (not the NSX-R) I don't think so. What a shame.

Make a CTSC or GruppeM stock on the car and it will get noticed again by the automotive press. Or bump it to 3.5L and 350HP. If Factor X or SOS can make it 3.3L-3.5L without much trouble, why can't Honda?? Leaving it alone is just prolonging a death sentence.

I forgot to mention a $25K 05 Mustang GT will have a v8 with 300HP. That is less than 1/3 the price of a 05 NSX with more power and probably faster in a 1/4 mile.:(

you have to understand the Japan government

they allow people to import 500HP+ car to Japan and sell them
but they do not allow Japan manufacturer to make cars that are more than 300HP and sell them in Japan. (which means they won't make anything more than 300HP for export, too)

it's not that they don't have the ability to make 500HP car (see the Honda F1 and Toyota F1 cars, or Nissan Leman cars)
they just are not allowed to make road cars this way.

I think one of the mystique about the current NSX is Senna's involvement.

I mean, if a new one does come out, it won't have been touched by the best F1 driver ever. Much of its F1 heritage comes from that fact.

It's hard to go from an exotic looking NSX to a Nissan Maxima with a big a$$ wing on the back. I know the performance numbers are there with the skyline but that is one UGLY car. My next step will probably be a Noble, 2004 Esprit or a used Gallardo. (all my opinion of course).

To each their own, I think the R33 and R34 are some of the best dressed coupes out there that would still be very useful yet and great drivers (ala Evo). I know it isn't a full blown two seat sports car but you have to give it to Nissan considering how many JGTC's they've won with it.

eg9 said:
Because it's a $$$MONEY$$$ thing.... not a car thing....

Yeah, but they're losing money on all 200 of the NSXs that they sell year to year.

If its a money thing, then put it out of its misery already.

As someone who CAN afford the new one and actually is having buyers remorse on getting into the 03, Im totally baffled at what the hell Honda is thinking.

It's almost like they're begging the few of us faithful NEW NSX buyers left to go to the 911.

Remember, when there are NONE of us left, there will be NO NSX's left for the masses that buy them used, so it is in the best interest of *everyone* who loves the NSX to be annoyed at Honda :D

spookyp said:
As someone who CAN afford the new one and actually is having buyers remorse on getting into the 03, Im totally baffled at what the hell Honda is thinking.

And you are EXACTLY who HONDA needs to appeal to for the next gen car. Instead they keep dragging their feet and losing people who can purchase their high-end cars. Makes no sense to me. I think whoever is in charge of the NSX needs to be fired.

On a side note, why don't you want a 6-speed? I am sure you have explained it before, but I don't remember.

Eventhough the US might be its biggest market, the NSX is still very sought after in Japan. I think this has alot to do with it being around for so long.

Even the Supra, 300ZX, and RX7 was kept around much longer in their own domestic market than in the US. Maybe they will just take it away from us and continue to market it in Japan. It honestly would not surprise me if they do that.

In any case, I'm ready to get the '05 NSX, cause I want to own the last year of the current model. There will always be a slot for the NSX in my garage.

Oh man RyRy... but they might sneak an 06 out on ya! Better make 1000% sure that 05 is *really* the last year! ;)

NetViper... this is a "gentlemens agreement" that I have with the wife! Similar to the gentlemens agreement of the Japanese car manufacturers, it is broken only with the greatest of caution at the risk of severe penalty!

Seriously though, my wife would prefer that if the car i keep as my "toy" is available in an auto, I get it for a host of practical reasons. Generally, its a small sacrifice as, to be honest, Im not so hung up on manual trans (I dont enjoy it the way some real purists do). I have just as much fun with a good sequential, to be honest (one thing I love about the M3).

Keep in mind I do live in Brooklyn, NY and drive a fair bit in the annoying NY/NJ traffic, so that may have colored my perception of manual trans. I also frequently put the car in the hands of valets and auto is a lot less scary there. I can pay them extra to leave the car "untouched" in the "good spot" but theres not much I can do if they are brutal on the clutch. Another thing (and Im not embarassed to admit this) is that Im not a champion manual trans driver. So when I do have a stick, Im definitely not getting the most out of it.

I have to say honestly that, in my current situation (making the move to invest in a car Im going to stick with long term), I would still be wanting to SC the 03 if it were manual. The base performance wouldnt be enough to keep me happy. At least with the manual the SC would be an easy enough option though...

spookyp said:
Yeah, but they're losing money on all 200 of the NSXs that they sell year to year.

If its a money thing, then put it out of its misery already.

It's almost like they're begging the few of us faithful NEW NSX buyers left to go to the 911.

Remember, when there are NONE of us left, there will be NO NSX's left for the masses that buy them used, so it is in the best interest of *everyone* who loves the NSX to be annoyed at Honda :D

now that I have heard the "rumors" that HK government does not allow people to import cars more than 4 years old.....(I am still verifying this news)

if I cannot import a NSX from Japan, and I cannot find a decent used one in Hong Kong, I might have no choice but settle for a 911 Turbo..(which is the third choice in my buying list)

chinaboy said:
if I cannot import a NSX from Japan, and I cannot find a decent used one in Hong Kong, I might have no choice but settle for a 911 Turbo..(which is the third choice in my buying list)

Not a bad third choice at all!!! :D It's on my list as well. I test drove it and, to be honest, it really was everything I was looking for. I wish the NSX had that kind of power :(

Spookyp, let me know if you want to sell your '03, I'd be very interested in purchasing a used '02+ car if the HSC/NSX is terminated! (Is it MC blue?)

Its Long Beach Blue/Camel and its an automatic. I won't be selling it though, Ill be getting out of the lease if I decide to get rid of it.

I leased it last year and quite a few changes have happened in my life since then. I want to eliminate the monthly payment and will use a block of cash to just buy out a car I am going to keep for a long while (for me anyway... prob 5 years).

I was all set to buyout my leased car from Honda when I paused. It just doesnt really deliver the performance Id want for that kind of money (and the auto is monumentally difficult to mod), which has lead to my current dilema and many posts on the topic.

Besides Mercedes (who offered me something respectable in terms of value) I cant get more than $61k in value for the car from any dealer which would leave me with a ~$20k gap to fill. Very discouraging.... Of course if I had bought the car cash last year (which I did consider doing) I'd be looking at roughly the same loss given how horrible these values are...

$83k (assuming I could have gotten them to that) + tax = $90,180
Current value = $61,000
Loss = $29,180

15 months of lease = $13,000
buyout delta = $21,000
Loss = $34,000

So Im looking at an additional $5k loss for having leased it, BUT, Ive made more than that over the period by leaving the cash untouced. Either way, it really stinks that a $90k car has lost 30% in its first year.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. That's Cadillac-style depreciation! Sorry
to hear about your unhappy ownership experience. I will be looking for an '02+ 6-speed, otherwise sounds like a beautiful car.

Back