• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NorCal NSX 2010 Spring Fling

Thank you all for getting on the list.

As I noted in an earlier post, As of 8am on April 14th, the list is closed and I've told the restaurant how many people to expect. . If you missed getting on the list, contact me directly.

We have 44 cars and 62 people signed up.

I will include important information for attendees in a following post.

1 mickeylex + 1
2 Mike C
3 gp2race
4 Thanhnsx
5 Chuck
6 smooth +1
7 Mohammed
8 Yo + Jack
9 racer-ex
10 nsxtaxi (yes please!)
11 sir stunna lot (hope i wont get another flat this time!)
12 02#154
13 Ray + 3
14 Mike C (Sacramento)
15 Wayne + Dana
16 Ted + Ivy
17 Vytas
18 Lawrence
19 NA1VTEC (Dan) +1
20 1NSX2NV +1
21 Don W
22 Joe G + Wife
23 Tom P
24 Jeff F
25 NSXAMG996TT
26 Virginia
27 s4play "Ricky Boy"
28 ryan1926
29 whzzbad #30
30 juejaimon
31 RBMILES26 +1
32 RonNRaiders +1
33 Aaron + 1
34 tmeekins
35 giftedg
36 Sfdreamer +1
37 NSXBRO2
38 red dragon +1
39 ramz +1
40 Hrant - still tentative!
41 William B +1 (Sacramento)
42 Brad (maybe)
43 CLEANSX
44 Byron

Last edited:
Spring Fling Attendees - Please read this post for important information about Saturday.

First and foremost - many of you are driving up to attend this event. As you've heard me say if you've attended events with me in the past, please be safe.

Parking at the Restaurant
1. We have volunteers directing parking at the restaurant
2. Follow their directions and park where they indicate
3. The driveway is low, but please pull in slowly

Lunch
1. Bring cash for lunch. Bring lots of ones, a few fives and some 10's. This is very important for streamlining bill payment.
2. I have arranged a private room for us.
3. We will not have one combined group bill. Instead, we will be seated at tables of four to six people. In order to streamline bill payment, each table/group will be responsible for covering the bill for their table. Add tax and tip in your calculations.

NSX Show
1. Bay Area and Sacramento attendee NSXs are eligible to participate in the NSX car show.
2. Bay Area and Sacramento NSXs are automatically entered into the show - owners will need to fill out a quick form so we know who to give awards to.
3. In keeping with the spirit of a People's Choice show, you cannot vote for your own car. Any individuals who come with you cannot vote for your car.
4. Every attendee will be able to vote. We will have ballots printed and ready to go. First, choose your favorite NSX in attendance - from the votes collected, we will use that information to determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Next make your choice for Best Paint and Best Engine. Cars that win 1st, 2nd, 3rd place can also win for Best Paint and /or Best Engine. It all depends on how the votes come in. Show winners will be announced at DA later in the day.

Drive to Driving Ambition
1. At the conclusion of car show voting, we will leave the parking lot and head to Driving Ambition.
2. We will provide printed directions to the shop from the restuarant.
3. We will try to caravan, but will get broken up due to traffic signals. Don't rush to keep up with the group.
4. Drive safely
5. When you arrive at DA, please be patient as volunteers guide you where to to park. You may need to stop and idle for a few moments upon arriving at DA as we get cars into the lot.

Let's have fun!

Last edited:
A few more thoughts as you prepare for Saturday.

1. Fill up your NSX gas tank in advance
2. Check your NSX tire pressure
3. Weather shows a high of 72-75 degrees and sunny. Dress comfortably. Wear layers, maybe.
4. Bring folding chairs, so you will have a place to sit when we are at Driving Ambition.
5. Have fun!

(oh, and one more, whatever you do - DO NOT clean or detail YOUR NSX before the meet - that way, I have a better chance at winning a car show award :tongue::biggrin:)

Last edited:

1. Fill up your NSX gas tank in advance
2. Check your NSX tire pressure
3. Weather shows a high of 72-75 degrees and sunny. Dress comfortably. Wear layers, maybe.
4. Bring folding chairs, so you will have a place to sit when we are at Driving Ambition.
5. Have fun!

(oh, and one more, whatever you do - DO NOT clean or detail YOUR NSX before the meet - that way, I have a better chance at winning a car show award :tongue::biggrin:)
Doesn't matter, Mike C already won!

Jack

That's how I won all the car shows that I've entered... I do nothing :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Jack

tru dat, tru dat lol...

Too late! :tongue:

Jack

Sadly (for me) this is true...:redface:

J

SoCal has invaded the bay! See y'all Saturday

1 Nalesh
2 Mike C
3 ChopsJazz
4 EdinKali
5 Thanhnsx
6 Chuck
7 smooth
8 Mohammed
9 Yojack
10 racer-ex
11 nsxtaxi (yes please!)
12 sir stunna lot (hope i wont get another flat this time!)
13 James
14 Ray + Andrew
15 Mike C (Sacramento)
16 Wayne + Dana
17 Ted + Ivy
18 Vytas
19 Lawrence
20 NA1VTEC (Dan)
21gp2race (Gordon)

21gp2race (Gordon)

Hi Gordon,

We closed this list this past Wednesday.

No worries though - I can get you on the list. I put you in ChopsJazz spot in post #76 above.

There is a caravan from the Bay thread. Be sure to check out that thread too.

Last edited:
I just happen to be in town, and just saw this - too late to join I assume? :(

If you guys need an afterparty, some nsxers and I are going to Lot 46 at 46 Geary in Union Square San Francisco. We have secured front row parking at the club. Should be a lot of fun!

I can't make it. Ben, you can have my spot.

Looks like I may be able to make it after all. Work may only need me for the morning. Fingers crossed and hope to see you guys there.

Ed

Had a fantastic time! Great people and sweet rides! Thank you NorCal folks for the event and hospitality. I imagine I'll be back up eventually for another meet :) -- next time tell the cops to stay home though ;).

Had a fantastic time! Great people and sweet rides! Thank you NorCal folks for the event and hospitality. I imagine I'll be back up eventually for another meet :) -- next time tell the cops to stay home though ;).

Good meeting you and giftedg today! Nice to put some faces to the names and see your bad a$$ rides!

Special thanks to the norcal crew for making all of this possible (Yolanda, Jack, Mike, James, and a few other I don't know the names too)

I have to admit driving to Sac is probably one of the best parts being able to see so many cool NSX's on the freeway together. Not only is the drive fun but it's safe at cruising speeds! All of us going 65mph taking up all 3 lanes of the highway was just amazing. Can't wait to see Virginia's self made video while she WAS DRIVING! :eek::wink:

Just washed my car and detailed her before putting her to sleep tonight :cool:

I'm exhausted but will try to post my pics by Monday...

Till next time fellas!
rick

We share the same sentiments! Thanks for all of the hard work it takes to pull these great events off. I had lots of suicide bugs to clean off the bumper, mirrors and windshield when I got home.:eek: Also really enjoyed seeing and hanging around Shad's shop. Thanks also to Shad.:cool: Ivy and Ted.

Back