• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

not enough power

hi,

i recently i got 3 cel codes.

cel code 15,2 and 42. i changed my rear o2 sensor, reset de ecu and now i don't have any codes, but the car seems underpowered. seems like there
are not working 6 cylinders. checked compresion on 6 cylinders and are ok.

what can i do next?

Give us more info (year, mileage). Does the engine run smoothly all the way to 8K rpm, any mods, hesitation under 4K rpm, etc. ???

maybe a cylinder isn't firing? Good compression but no spark?

hi,

i recently i got 3 cel codes.

cel code 15,2 and 42. i changed my rear o2 sensor, reset de ecu and now i don't have any codes, but the car seems underpowered. seems like there
are not working 6 cylinders. checked compresion on 6 cylinders and are ok.

what can i do next?

What brand O2 sensor did you install? Denso? Shad at DA mentioned that he suspects that the NSX doesn't run as well with the off brand O2 sensors. ie. Less power and poor gas mileage.

Also, when you reset the ECU it takes a while to relearn. I think it is up to 200 miles to relearn all the maps. So you may just have to drive it and give it some time. When I reset my ECU I recall it feeling a bit weak at first as well.

Last edited:
the cars runs smooth up to 8000rpm, there is no hesitation, but feeling lack of power.

i think all the sparks are working, i checked them and looks that they are burning
gasoline, but i think they don't have enough power to burn all the gasoline.

maybe the ignitor like adrenaline_nsx says? there is no cel code for gnitor.

if you get a small surge of power at around 4k rpm,,it may be your fuel pump,,try unplugging fuel pump from the resistor,,short the pump with paper clip,,put it in full,,,if your trouble goes away ,,it the pump,,a failing pump will also throw false cel codes

Back