• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Accident

My girlfriend reports seeing a black NSX with T-tops and partial red leather interior, having rear-ended another car in the merge lane, within the last hour, in Northern Virginia. It was a pretty good hit; not sure if the airbag deployed. Our condolences go out to the owner.

Oof. Haven't heard anything from any of the other DC-area NSX owners...

From experience I know the owner is on suicide watch. I still find it hard to talk about mine. Hopefully no one is hurt. (my prayers for that) The rest is just a hassle.

My advice is to mark it up in the experience column and move on.

There was a black with red interior 2002+ in the area that was for sale a while back, I wonder if that is the car. Either way, I hope that all parties are all right.

There was a black with red interior 2002+ in the area that was for sale a while back, I wonder if that is the car. Either way, I hope that all parties are all right.

Hell yes there was one from MD for sale.... I obsessed over it for months... I still have photos on my home PC desktop folder of it... thats actually the first one I thought about when I started reading the post... lol Like no, please dont be 1 of 13 with OEM red interior... but the "partial red" just might mean another one of those who have red/black seats, or red door inserts or something....

My gf is an expert car spotter - it is one of her savant-like talents. It was definitely an NSX. :(

You sure she is female? NSX recognition is usually genetically encoded in those with an XY chromosome

I call her Rainwoman. She can distinguish between two models of bland late-model sedans, say an Accord and a Sonata, in the rear view mirror, with year range quoted. I think it is one of the complementary skills that go along with her OCD. She is also a clean-freak PLUS she has hoarding tendencies.

Just checked with Rainwoman. She reports that it was a mid-year-range NSX, black exterior, black interior with red inserts added, and red in the rims. She didn't notice the headlights because it was up the butt if the other car. So at least it wasn't one of thirteen.

Back