• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NSX coffee table book

I saw the NSX coffee table book in the Market section. Description is as follow "NSX Owners edition coffee table books. This is a beautiful hardbound publication - suitable for any coffee table. Follow the development of the NSX, examine design studies, and study the finer points that make the NSX the super sports car that has established new standards of performance. These are brand new. 53 pages. 2 fold outs. 45 color 36 B&W glossy illustrations. $30ea Add $5 for shipping. "

Does anyone have one of these? Are they worth getting?

------------------
NetViper -= looking to get an NSX before I turn 25! =-

The book is offered by Classic Motorbooks. You can contact them at 1-800-826-6600 or on line at www.motorbooks.com I believe they sell for $19.95

(Yes, it is the same "foil" covered book that seems to consistently sell for $50 - $60 on e-bay)

The book is offered by Classic Motorbooks. You can contact them at 1-800-826-6600 or on line at www.motorbooks.com I believe they sell for $19.95 I just checked and it doesn't come up on the web page. If you want the book call the 800 number and ask for item # 116813. The operator advised me that they don't have many left.

(Yes, it is the same "foil" covered book that seems to consistently sell for $50 - $60 on e-bay)

Netviper,

I ordered the book you mentioned (from Classic Motorbooks) about a month ago and just received it yesterday. I was told they were on backorder. It came out to be $24.95 with shipping.

I was impressed with the book overall. Even learned Bobby Rahal had some input in the suspension calibrations - along w/ Senna of course. The photos are beautiful and the cover seems quite striking. Impressive book. I also ordered the Acura-Honda NSX Performance Portfolio that contains a compilation of magazine articles about the NSX. You can order this from Classic Motorbooks also.

Good luck.

Hello, I ordered this book a few months ago from this place also! Does the book come with one page loose from the rest of the book? There was a full page picture of a black NSX between the cover and first page and I wasnt sure if it was suppose to be like that or not.

i know the page you are talking about. No, it is NOT supposed to be loose. Someone removed it. Beautiful picture!!! Just like mine
wink.gif
...... By the way, the Acura/Honda performance portfolio book..... I just bought this of e-bay and was wondering how much I got crushed over the cost..... Anyone know?

------------------
nsx_02.jpg

Todd Arnold
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Nsxotic,

Hopefully, you didn't pay more than $24.95 w/ shipping.

I also had the loose first page in my NSX coffee table book. I can't see where someone may have removed it - no perforations or tear indications - but I'll take your word for it!

The black press photo with the building in the background and the words "one of the world's most technologically..." on the top of the reverse is not attached in any copy I've seen...? It doesn't fit with the rest of the book style-wise, it's slightly smaller than the pages of the book, and it has a 1992 copyright date while the book was printed in 1990 I believe.

The Performance Portfolio is $19.95 + shipping from Classic Motorbooks right now.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 10 December 2000).]

Back