• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Cupholder

r331125-img600x450-12297546165pqcbk13923.jpg

r331125-img600x450-12297546171conwn13923.jpg

r331125-img450x600-1229754617xt15qf13923.jpg

:cool:

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r50309318

That would make a decent negative for a mold from which some clever folks could make a 'glass or carbon piece. Hell, if it was slighly lower profile, leather-wrapped, and had bottoms to the cup-holes, I would rock that. No one has to know that I installed a plank in my car :cool:

Honestly though, even using my NSX as a DD, I really have never been too bothered with not having cupholders. That's what passengers are for.

Wonder how it would look if it was made from a nice piece of re Philippine mohogany with 3 coats of satin Varathane?

It will look good nicely carbon wrapped.

Yeah it would. It makes me wonder what the plans for that piece were.. I doubt someone was like "Hey I know I'll cut a couple holes in a board and slap it in my NSX!" At least I hope not.

Here's a bad babelfish translation of the item description:

NA1? Because there is no drink holder, it tried making. Because it is handmade, please permit the error of some making.
Because it becomes incoming order production, about the payment date 1 week.
From after the payment verifying because it starts making, please acknowledge.
Color 5 colors was prepared.
Clearing, pine and teak, walnut, ebony
As for clearing transparency? As it goes to the ebony, it keeps becoming dense.
It does not paint the varnish.

Last edited:

Sounds like he is saying he doesn't start making the part until after payment has been received. The part can be stained in your choice of 5 wood colors, but after being varnished, it shouldn't be painted.

Not quite a DIY for one owner, but apparently a product he is trying to offer to the nsx community. I am holding out for the wood widebody fender kit - this way, it will be easier to shape on the car.

Nice job - but cupholders in a sports car :cool: ? How about making one of the holes square for the fries? Maybe I'm being too critical. If I took a loooooooong drive I would probably use it for a cup of joe - why not? I think I'd rather put an insert inside my console out of sight. Next trip to the junkyard I'll rip one out of a Camry.

Such an awkward place to have a cup holder. The new cupholder from OneAdam12 is da bomb though! I use it every morning with my starshmucks coffee.

Back