• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Japan Forums

Hey i recently moved to Japan in June and was wondering if there is a forum like this one for Japan? I've been on the NSX Japan Club website but iono if there is one. Or If you can Make a sub-forum for Japan on here. i'm pretty active on this forum.

well I'll be there in about 8 months so I'll need a sub-forums with you. I haven't purchased an NSX yet, as I am impatiently waiting to get there and maybe score a NA1 Type R, most likely it will be just a base model though. I'll be in Misawa, which is probably far away from where you are.

i got in touch with a guy that owns the NSX of Japan website and we are suppose to chill when i get back. I'll ask him if he know anyone selling nsx for you. He lives in Yokohama.

Prices are on the rise over here now, early clean examples can be from 35 to 50 K. Look on auctions.yahoo.com for an idea of what is around.

If you are going to buy though I recommend doing it through the Japanese auctions.

When you are over here give me a shout! Mr reaper, when we going for a drive?
//Kye

lol i'm already over here. gonna get paper work done for my car tomorrow and see if i can Get the JIC and temp plate for it.Pick it up then The inspections. You can call me on my cell at 08058672812.:biggrin:

thinking about bring that back to the states?

Im military and have a BUNCH of friends that go over there and try to bring something back. Needless to say none of them have. :frown: WAY to much money to make them US legal. :mad:

my car was U.S Spec to begin with and it would be no problem getting it back to the states. infact i have to bring it back.

Hello guys I am trying to find out what the 8th digit is on a real type-R nsx
any chance you might be able to help thanks

NP, driving is not for everyone, but the expressway should be much cheaper if you have ETC installed. I'm also driving to Kyushu to visit my train station (DAN, near Kumamoto), over six hours. And I have driven to Tokyo more than a dozen times from Osaka. Not that bad, nice curves near Nagoya:smile:

One thing I do miss about the USA used to be enjoying the cross country drives...but it isn't for everyone. You could also ferry your car to most major cities in Japan. I am planning a cruise in Hokkaido this next summer/early fall, before the snow kicks in. I'll ferry up there, cruise and haven't decided on how I'm getting back. My NSX has 91,000 Kilometers on it:smile:

Our main cruise is in May, we're going to Fuji I think. Or maybe Daisen Mountain. In Okamoto. About a 2 1/2 hour drive from Osaka, towards Hiroshima. Fuji is a tad farther...

DJ:cool:

Hey Kim,
how you doing? How was Tokyo Auto Salon, you have to send me some pics :)
if you go to Osaka you will love it , DJ is a great guy, and he sure knows how to have a good time :wink:
I would give anything to drive my baby in Japan :) especially with some other bad NSXs.

DJ,
hope things are gonig well with you man. I saw some update pics of your car in the other thread, and man, Mr. Inoue did a great job! I'll be graduating this May, so I'm still trying to figure out how to move to Japan :wink:

Hey guys... I'm heading the other way. Just finishing a 5 year stint in Tokyo and moving to the states in May 2009...
I needed an NSX bad to welcome me home. So I picked one up on my last trip home over Thanksgiving. I got a 2005.. and did some research in Japan to check prices before I got it... Seems as if they are *much* more expensive in Japan. Here is a link to almost all the NSX's available in the countrty from 1990 - 2006 in price order. They go for over $100,000 for the newest ones. Also, if you change the drop box 2nd down from the top left to "NSX-R" you'll see the type R's. Let me know if you have any questions...
http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/se...=_n&YMIN=1990&YMAX=2006&SPLST[]=_n&CNAVI[]=_n

Last edited:
I needed an NSX bad to welcome me home. So I picked one up on my last trip home over Thanksgiving. I got a 2005.. and did some research in Japan to check prices before I got it...

Very smart move, given the current pricing in the US...it really made me wonder why NSX costs soooo much in its motherland. :rolleyes:

My wife asked me once "why don't you pick an NSX-R while you're in Japan since you love it so much?", my reply is "Honey, unless I have a few kidney to spare, otherwise, I don't think I can afford one legally in Japan. :redface:"

Good luck with your move back to the States and congrats on your purchase :wink:

Hey Greg! Glad you're doing ok. Can't wait to cruise with you in Japan. Track day in the S2000. I can't risk it in my new baby...

As for pricing in Japan, even in auctions (I export a lot of cars, never an NSX though) the NSX is not cheap. Anything under 50K, regardless of the year, goes for 35-40K US dollars. And that is from 1993. The newer the more expensive. And regardless of the year, Type S's start at around 50-60K. I passed on a Type R 2002, white (not a big fan of white here in Japan, makes you look like a rich guy or Yakuza wannabee) damaged but repaired front end, sold for 7million yen (about 70K). It could be retailed for 8million maybe, depends on the damage and how badly someone wanted it. Or you could make a mean demo and track it as long as it ran straight. Which at 7million it was probably a light collision.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, let me know, lots of fair prices for NSX's when they do come up, mostly in the Tokyo auctions, but we bid from an office and have a local guy inspect them for us. Big ballers like MACS buy them when the mood hits and sit on them waiting to sell. I wish I had that luxury. I'd have my Type R as we speak...with a mean custom one off widebody kit. I already have it planned out...someday I hope...3.2L engines are just too sick!

Hey Greg! Glad you're doing ok. Can't wait to cruise with you in Japan. Track day in the S2000. I can't risk it in my new baby...

As for pricing in Japan, even in auctions (I export a lot of cars, never an NSX though) the NSX is not cheap. Anything under 50K, regardless of the year, goes for 35-40K US dollars. And that is from 1993. The newer the more expensive. And regardless of the year, Type S's start at around 50-60K. I passed on a Type R 2002, white (not a big fan of white here in Japan, makes you look like a rich guy or Yakuza wannabee) damaged but repaired front end, sold for 7million yen (about 70K). It could be retailed for 8million maybe, depends on the damage and how badly someone wanted it. Or you could make a mean demo and track it as long as it ran straight. Which at 7million it was probably a light collision.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, let me know, lots of fair prices for NSX's when they do come up, mostly in the Tokyo auctions, but we bid from an office and have a local guy inspect them for us. Big ballers like MACS buy them when the mood hits and sit on them waiting to sell. I wish I had that luxury. I'd have my Type R as we speak...with a mean custom one off widebody kit. I already have it planned out...someday I hope...3.2L engines are just too sick!

Im looking into importing one NSX from Japan to Hong Kong, will need some reliable contacts in the future! How are condition of NSXs at the auction?

Hi guys...

How about Manual RHD halfcut engine? i'm looking for either 3.0 litre with 5-speed or 3.2 litre with 6-speed transmission.. Are they available in Japan?? how about the cost? :confused:

thanks...

Last edited:
hey anyone in japan? i'm in tokyo now, and will be here for a month

Back