• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Modified Turbo - Pics & Movies

Originally posted by dtobie:
My main concern is the heat buildup on top of the engine and around the exhaust lines with no shielding . I would be worried about my tempered glass being that close to the turbo. Please tell me this is phase one of the developement of the prototype not the finished kit!!!!!

From what Larry said, heat isn't THAT big of a issue with the turbo setup. As you can see from the shots, the test car has a big fat sticker over the middle area (directly over the turbo, exhaust hoses). That sticker hasn't started to peel or anything...not that that's a proper temperature measurement, but if the heat doesn't melt the sticker I think the glass will be ok
smile.gif

Originally posted by bartonkt:
From what Larry said, heat isn't THAT big of a issue with the turbo setup. As you can see from the shots, the test car has a big fat sticker over the middle area (directly over the turbo, exhaust hoses). That sticker hasn't started to peel or anything...not that that's a proper temperature measurement, but if the heat doesn't melt the sticker I think the glass will be ok
smile.gif

I don't think the glass was the concern. The potential problems include a much warmer intake air temperature (less HP and more risk) and even the intake manifold itself will definitely run warmer, which can't be resolved by relocating the air intake alone, and faster drying out of hoses and other rubber or plastic items (already a problem with the engine cover off due to sunlight), and generally more heat retention by the engine in general, and possibly other things.

Another good point. This leads me to a good idea, which is that I will print out this thread. I will bring it with me to the meet this Thursday and make sure I bring up every point so we can have answers. That's the best I can do.

Originally posted by ilya:
Another good point. This leads me to a good idea, which is that I will print out this thread. I will bring it with me to the meet this Thursday and make sure I bring up every point so we can have answers. That's the best I can do.

ilya, you're a good man, no matter what ravetek says.
wink.gif

I'm on this forum 24/7!!
biggrin.gif

How could I have missed it all? dang
I'm in the wrong time zone.
redface.gif

If I don't know how I was maligned, I can't make a fair decision on how to respond. Do I say... make sure his mailbox never works again. Or something more along the lines of him never working a decent job in the biz again.
wink.gif
Ahh... well, I guess I have no choice but to let it go.
Back to what's really important, like which blower to choose for our NSX.
biggrin.gif
And do I put off the blower for another month for a Tubi. decisions, decisions.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 15 October 2001).]

Keep your eyes on this thread today if you're interested.
I have taken a lot of pics of the near finished product last night at Larry's shop. It looks far cleaner and different from the original prototype picks above. The pics should be developed within a couple hours and I will scan and post them for everyone soon afterward.

In addition, I took additional pics of the car itself and it's carbon fiber Sparco seats with NSX embroidery. very nice.
biggrin.gif

Check in a few....

Darn, the pics don't work. can anyone retype the picture links please??? Oh yea, is the meeting this thurs 8/8...where is it located exactly??? =)

-Garrett

Since you all are going to this meeting PLEASE get the following information for the rest of us:

- Will there be an "under car" option? Is it the same $$$?
- Will Larry's team travel for the install?
- Will Larry sell it below $5k for an NSX tech locally to do it?
- What kind of Dynoed HP are we talking about / what does it look like?
- How simple / clean is the plumbing, lubrication, etc.?

Thanks guys - very interesting thread and I can't wait to hear all about it.

PS: With all you computer geeks out there in Cali - you would think someone would simulcast the meeting on the net!

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

Back