• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX on Lombard Street ?

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

I don't live in SF but my sister does and I visit. How do you guys even make it to Lombard? It seems like driving an NSX down some of those streets would be IMPOSSIBLE. I might move there so I am curious.

I would not approach Lombard St from the west. There is a stop sign at the top of Lombard and Hyde St. You could burn out your clutch inching your way to the top. Get to Lombard St from Hyde St.
Tom

I would not approach Lombard St from the west. There is a stop sign at the top of Lombard and Hyde St. You could burn out your clutch inching your way to the top. Get to Lombard St from Hyde St.
Tom

+1

My car is the one pictured, I'm lowered on bilstein struts and oem springs, about an inch, with 17's and 18's. There were NSXs lower then mine that made it fine. Have fun.

Tom

+1

My car is the one pictured, I'm lowered on bilstein struts and oem springs, about an inch, with 17's and 18's. There were NSXs lower then mine that made it fine. Have fun.

Yes, cars that are very low made it fine that day. The key really is the route you take to get there, not Lombard itself. There are bad routes that can really pose problems for lowered cars.

J

Yep, don't even bother with the route from the West.

And I've made it no problemo aside from people making me stop to snap pics of my NSX and speak some European lingo with words like Ferrari or Lambo in their sentences.

Oh, and the time my NSX is lower than those in the pics. Tucked wheels with aftermarket lip, side skirts, and rear.

yep, take a road that runs perpendicular to lombard to get to the top. I pass everyone and HAVE TO run the stop signs to get to the top on my ducati when I go straight up the back because it is soooo steep and there are always tons of cars lined up waiting during any given day.

You'll be fine on most all the roads in san francisco from what I've driven and I live here. You just don't want to charge to the bottom where the other streets cross. Oh and beware of cabs, those guys won't give you ANY room for rolling back when taking off up hill. Oh and the extreme hills are definitely avoidable to get to most parts of san francisco.

I suggest taking a nice drive late at night. It really quiets down and the tourists go home. I think the city is way more beautiful at night and check out treasure island while you're out that night. Bring a REAL camera.

Last edited:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KR203oqb6to?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KR203oqb6to?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Back