• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX or M3?

Originally posted by Sketch:
Have you considered replacing the S2K with the M3, and keeping the NSX? How many front engine, RWD convertibles does one need?
wink.gif

The S2K is smaller and lighter, but it seems that the two would be a lot more similar than the NSX and M3, which are very different cars.

Note: I'm biased, I love mid-engine cars. Front engined cars just don't feel the same...
smile.gif

I agree with Sketch!

Originally posted by Dirty NSX:
lol....ask this same question in an E46 M3 forum and I guarantee they'll all say you should get the M3.

That may be true; however, I can also guarantee that none of them saying that have owned both cars.

There are quite a few NSX owners who have had an M3, either before they traded up to the NSX, or as a daily driver alongside their NSX. Most who have owned both cars will tell you that the M3, while having a practical side (rear seat and trunk space) that the NSX lacks, does not offer the visceral thrills that the NSX does.

I agree with Ken on his last comment.
I bought M3 before I bought NSX, but I would never trade my M3 for an NSX. Actually, I trade my '02 CLK 320 for the NSX
smile.gif

My M3 and NSX both are my garage Queens
smile.gif

I just love looking and pampering -> detailing the cars in my spare time.
I love the breathtaking view from my NSX.
Here are the view level from bottom to higher of my cars: NSX (can really see the asphalt) , M3 (I can see the cars I just smoked from my rear view mirror j/k guys) , S class (you can see as high as a crossover car because there is this automatic seat control that move you up to hit the roof plus this car is a tall car), MDX (WOW I can see police cars miles ahead of me).

You can never go wrong getting an M3, but you might miss the view of NSX driving and the Vroom Vroom screaming of the Vtech behind your back. You will have the Vroom vroom in front of you in the M3 and one of the best handling GT car.

Get this video and I am sure you will get an M3 and sell your S2000: http://www.bestmotoringvideo.com/buy_02.html

I never tested drive an M3 before when it came out on mid of 2001, I just bought it from the dealer without even test drive it because I have been waiting for it the first time I saw the picture of E46 M3 on the internet. I know I want it when I sit down and turn on the engine. I bought the First display of the M3 in BMW of San Francisco. My M3 built date is March 2001 (first month production)
smile.gif

------------------
--
'03 MDX Starlight Silver/Ebony
- 260 HP :) -> miles start to climb
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- 10k miles
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey - 5k miles
'93 300SE MBZ - 97k miles and running strong :)

LOL
I park my '03 Acura MDX with my girlfriend '01 BMW 325i plus my S class side by side too on my driveway.
Yes, 2 Acura and 2 BMW side by side
smile.gif

Originally posted by Tony Montoya:
BMW and Honda are bitter enemies

I've never heard that before.

Originally posted by insx:
I park my '03 Acura MDX with my girlfriend '01 BMW 325i plus my S class side by side too on my driveway.
Yes, 2 Acura and 2 BMW side by side
smile.gif

S Class? Mercedes? That would make it 2 Acuras and 2 German cars, but not 2 BMWs.

Mercedes and BMW - now, if you want to talk about bitter enemies...
wink.gif

I have 3 cars park side by side on my driveway: Acura MDX, BMW 325i (my girl friend's car) , and Mercedes S class.

Bitter enemies?
Isn't it good that they are bitter enemies?
If they weren't we will be stuck with unexciting old technology and design.
I guess it is to our advantage.
LOL
smile.gif

Back