• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX owners who are in Aviation

10 years at SkyWest. Currently DEN based CA in the CRJ2/7. Nice to see other NSX pilots!:biggrin: Hope to run into you SWA guys on my SAN-DEN commute...

Question for all you photographers.... I fly a A320 and seem to get a lot of blurred and not very sharp pictures when I shoot out the front and side windows on the airbus. I have tried to shutter speeds up to 1/2000, and F4-F9... I just don't get it. I rented a canon 70-200 IS and still not that great of pictures. I use a 50F1.8 most of the time and get descent results.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I suspect that the angle of the window is distorting the images, you can really see it on the bottom on the image.

Thank you all

One thing you might check if you're not doing it already is to use manual focus at infinity and place the front of the lens close to the window glass.
I've seen auto focus cameras/lenses try to focus on the glass itself instead of the scene beyond.
Below is a scan of one of my old 35mm slides shot out the side window of a C-141.
picture.php

Question for all you photographers.... I fly a A320 and seem to get a lot of blurred and not very sharp pictures when I shoot out the front and side windows on the airbus. I have tried to shutter speeds up to 1/2000, and F4-F9... I just don't get it. I rented a canon 70-200 IS and still not that great of pictures. I use a 50F1.8 most of the time and get descent results.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I suspect that the angle of the window is distorting the images, you can really see it on the bottom on the image.

Thank you all

Back