• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NSX-R in Speed Mag (Aussie)

I found this magazine by chance working at a client... he had some old car mags on his desk. I nearly fell off my seat, but not before I quickly scanned the entire article. :D Enjoy.

* <A HREF="http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9448&sort=1&cat=500&page=1">Pages 36 & 37</A>
* <A HREF="http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9449&sort=1&cat=500&page=1">Pages 38 & 39</A>
* <A HREF="http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9450&sort=1&cat=500&page=1">Page 40</A>

Be sure to view the larger image to read the text.

Attachments

• nsxr_01_small.jpg
    nsxr_01_small.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 498
Nice article!

Thanks for sharing,

Nate in DC

That's it Neo!! :wink:

The only NSX-R I know about in Australia.

Good find... I have that mag somewhere but with all my moving around I don't know which storage to look in... :confused:

nsxhk said:
Is that a real nsx-r or is it a nsx-r wannabe? I'm skeptical.

Henry.

I'm judging by the photos... But it looks like a real one to me. The '94 NSX-R was available in yellow and the seats were available in black as well as red...

NSXBOX I think has seen the car so he may be the best person to ask...

the old nsx-r doesn't have stereo, armrest should be suede like material, steering wheel not type-r. I doubt the seats are carbon kevlar or else they would have shown it. The more I look at it, the more it looks like a type-r wannabe.

I don't know man....

Henry.

nsxhk said:
the old nsx-r doesn't have stereo,
The stereo was and still is an option on the Type-R
nsxhk said:
armrest should be suede like material,
I remember the dash was done in suede (with red stitching)which this one is... I can't remember if the armrest was as well or not...
nsxhk said:
steering wheel not type-r.
may have been changed I can't really tell from the photos...
nsxhk said:
I doubt the seats are carbon kevlar or else they would have shown it.
No photos so we can't really tell but the seat fronts are in line with what the Type-R came out with.
nsxhk said:
The more I look at it, the more it looks like a type-r wannabe.

I don't know man....

Henry.

Yeah, look you may be right Henry, I have not seen the car in person, and it is difficult to tell from some of the photos... But I still do reckon that it is a real Type-R... I'll see if I can track the car down here and 'ave a gander at it....

I'd have to agree with AU, I believe this is our missing yellow Type-R as well. I hope Shana sees this thread... she and John may be able to shed some light on its whereabouts.

If it's the one from adelaide (going back a few years) there was a yellow nsx-r (talked about in an old thread) That was imported over in parts. :smile: A black nsx too, but i doubt that one was a type r.

This is the only knowned and confirmed by me :) NSX Type R in Australia.

Saw it over 2 years ago and sat in it ummm Recaro CF electric seats. :)

it had around 60,000 km's with a few mods and NSX Fiesta stickers :)

It was imported over as a shell and parts and than put back together. It had the suede interior and removable steering wheel.

If Nico put his butt in it, that NSX is now R-rated enough for me. :D

I wish he had some more information on it -- especially the present location & owner. :(

Back