• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R Rear Diffuser

Does anyone know who sells the full NSX-R diffuser in carbon fiber? I'm talking about the full length diffuser like the one SOS sells in black plastic for about $1,200 and not the carbon fiber piece that they sells for around $500.

Thanks

A diffuser like this one but in carbon fiber.

View attachment 124962

Last edited:
The one you are looking for is made by downforce, why don't you look at the diflow one? It is actually made of metal and appears to be more functional while costing the same or less.

The one you are looking for is made by downforce, why don't you look at the diflow one? It is actually made of metal and appears to be more functional while costing the same or less.

I've seen those diffusers. I want a less radical look, but I still want the diffuser to be fumctional. I also want the diffuser in carbon fiber of available

Procar makes one in carbon if I'm not mistaken.

Mo
You missed the bus a few years ago on the NRG sale:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...F-Diffuser-02-215-shipped?p=973768#post973768

now these go for $599 which is still cheaper than what Mode4 charged to Primers for $700. Ouch..

http://nrgsuperstore.com/products/carbon-fiber-air-diffuser-91-01-acura-nsx

Best bet for real CF is DF for $600. NRG is very well made, cleaner fitment than OEM/DF but surprisingly heavy for what it is.

The problem with the DF diffuser for $600 is that it is not functional, as I was told by SOS. The plastic diffuser that sells for around $1200 is more functional but they don't make it in carbon fiber

Last edited:
If you're referring to functional as of the longer diffuser then, Procar/DF/Difflow are your only choices unless custom made by someone. I do recall a vendor making some extreme designs that are not road friendly. Personally, I like both the GT-One/Procar over the DF design. DF just offers a nice look for the least amount of money. Have you seen the Procar/Gt-One diffusor? They look identical but the GT-One has been discontinued from what I heard.

http://www.gt-rom.net/gtrom/gtone_aero/e_gt-one_style_aerokit.htm

What do you mean by the plastic diffusor for $1200? Are you referring to the OEM Type R short diffusor that has an identical look/shape as one of the DF/NRG designs? Anything that small is probably not functional but keep in mind you have to travel at some unsafe speeds to reap the benefits of the more pronounced diffusers.

E
Mo

The problem with the DF diffuser for $600 is that it is not functional, as I was told by SOS. The plastic diffuser that sells for around $1200 is more functional but they don't make it in carbon fiber

Totally lost as to what you're talking about here. Here's the deal:

There's a genuine type R diffuser that has some mild functionality at high speed when used in combination with the OEM exhaust whose heat shield becomes part of the aero.

There was a mode4 that was a replica of this.

There's a downforce sport, which comes in FRP or carbon, and it resembles the Type R.

There's a larger one made by downforce, available in both FRP and carbon that overs more functionality than the sport. It's also heavier, and it can scrape. Carbon and FRP don't like scraping. By the way the carbon is a carbon laid over FRP.

There's the difflow, which has the most proper shape and length, and is the most likely to be "functional", whatever that means... And since its metal it can really take some abuse.

None of these work that well without a sealed underbody. You need other and more parts. None work well when they sit too high off the ground. That means your car has to be low. Then even if they work, and are "functional", unless you're a really experienced track guy with suspension and tires, wings and experience to realize a difference, it won't matter.

The more "functional" aero stuff is made by affinity aero, Cody loveland's company, and that stuff is HUGE and probably way too radical for you.

If I was to buy another (and I've had several), I would buy the downforce sport because it's light, and looks good, and I would not worry about the function. It's function is that it doesn't weigh down the tail end of your car by 13 pounds. Or I would get the difflow and I would probably order it without the curved ends, add all the other underbody panels to go with it and make it fully functional. If I was racing I would buy Affinity Aero. You can get downforce directly from downforce, by emailing thomas. You don't need to go through a third party.

Last edited:
The Nsx type R diffuser was designed to work together with the front and battery undertray to increase downforce in High speed linear & low speedcornering stability. In conjunction with the R hood and R wing helps to reduce overall drag. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Last edited:
we still produce the superlight cf version

photo-12448-57e0c292.jpg

photo-12450-6951dc23.jpg

photo-12449-f1e12ed2.jpg

photo-12451-d0674fb8.jpg

The Nsx type R diffuser was designed to work together with the front and battery undertray to increase downforce in High speed linear & low speedcornering stability. In conjunction with the R hood and R wing helps to reduce overall drag. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Reduces lift, doesn't make downforce per se. Also it's a negligible amount as you can see by Honda's own numbers. A good functional diffuser can't end where the car's tail ends.

The NSX-R actually does net downforce front and rear. Surprisingly with quite a bit more front downforce than rear according to sport auto. I would agree the OEM rear "diffuser" is negligible and cleans up the airflow with the OEM muffler. If you don't have the OEM muffler or proper paneling replicating one, and even if you do, it won't be that big of a difference when compared to a properly designed diffuser.

What I'm hearing is that the OEM NSX-R diffuser is not that functional. If that is the case, then it is not worth the $1,280 that SOS want's for it. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the more aggressive diffusers, not only because I don't think that they look good to me. but I have heard that they can get a little beat up on steep driveways and such.

I currently have, or will have shortly, an NSX-R style vented hood with radiator duct, NSX-R rear spoiler, and the front bumper and battery undertrays. All I need is the rear diffuser and a new front lip that provides some splitter action. I just started tracking my car, but I only plan on going to the track only 3 to 4 times a year. My car is stiill mostly a street car. So, Ill have to think about the read diffuser some more. Any suggestion on a front lip? I was considering the Shine Type One front spoiler shown below (again, I don't want anything that is too radical even though it would be more functional).

View attachment 124991

Thanks for all of your comments and information.

Last edited:
You may want to contact Gil (synergy004). I believe he made one using a genuine NSX-R diffuser and never did anything with it. I could be wrong, but I believe that we talked about it once.

Back