• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R Style Gauge Face Overlays, with 200MPH Speedo

I have been working with a vendor to produce overlays for MPH clusters, which increase the speedo upper limit to 200mph from 180mph, and are styled after the 2002 nsx-r gauges; the gauges are now finished, and I have an initial order of 10 sets on the way.

Price for these first 10 sets is $325 shipped

Here is the OEM 2002 NSX-R cluster:

gauges1.jpg

And the overlays, which have the same style as the OEM gauges, but feature TCS and Cruise Control cutouts, a MPH speedo, and an increased upper limit of 200mph:

gauges2.jpg

The installation of these gauge overlays requires the removal of your cluster's needles, this should be done by a professional. The gauge overlays are printed using a 4 layer process, and are high quality parts.

Last edited:
splendid!

Any plans for the yellow-overlay for the OEM red gauge-needles?

And if so, would they be luminescent, as the existing red gauge-needles are?

I'm really, really glad that someone/scorp965 took the initiative on this!

Thanks, in-advance! :cool:

Re: splendid!

Any plans for the yellow-overlay for the OEM red gauge-needles?

And if so, would they be luminescent, as the existing red gauge-needles are?

I'm really, really glad that someone/scorp965 took the initiative on this!

Thanks, in-advance! :cool:

I had the pop design yellow needle overlays on my previous cluster (they're vinyl stickers), the problem with this style is they bubble up over time, after a few weeks, they look terrible.

The best option is to paint your red needles yellow, while they are off of the cluster; the red needles are not backlit, instead they reflect light from bulbs on the top of the cluster - bright yellow needles will reflect light without any kind of special treatment (this is why the yellow vinyl overlay stickers were easily visible at night).

Re: splendid!

I had the pop design yellow needle overlays on my previous cluster (they're vinyl stickers), the problem with this style is they bubble up over time, after a few weeks, they look terrible.

No problem for you, you can always sell them overseas.

Back