• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx replica wheels 94-2001 and 2002-2004

Willabeast, those rims look great! Now all you need is an NSX-R carbon fibre spoiler; and please dont paint it.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Willabeast, those rims look great! Now all you need is an NSX-R carbon fibre spoiler; and please dont paint it.
thankyou! a carbon wing would be a nice addition.
currently waiting on my tubi's.
got to accumulate some more cash before any more additions.

I live in The Netherlands, but I really would like some OEM look NSX wheels for my 91 red/black NSX. Is there any news yet on availability?

DutchNSX said:
I live in The Netherlands, but I really would like some OEM look NSX wheels for my 91 red/black NSX.
If you're talking about the 15"/16" '91-93 wheels, why not just buy a set used? They're so inexpensive...

Any idea when these will be available?

Sorry, I meant some nice Type R wheels or 17 inch wheels (>94) for my NSX, so not the wheels I have now. :wink:

Count me in eithe rfor 18" rear only 02-04 wheels or a full 18-19" 02-04 wheels.

David

The current Type R wheels are exactly the same as the current normal model wheels. They are just painted white, rather than a silver colour.

All the 2002+ wheels are forged, so I would hope copies are, for strength.

nsxr097 said:
price will depends on volume ( estimate on each wheel 17"x7.5 $250 and 18"x9 $300 for 2002-2004 nsx, nsx-r will be $50 more on each ), cast aluminum on these wheels cause forged will be too much $$, i will try to find out the exact weight on it, also the more we buy the less will be.
I have a set of 2002 NA2 Type-R wheels arriving from Japan. If your friend is interested in doing a set of these wheels in larger sizes, i could provide my set for him to take measurements from. Please PM if he is interested in making me a set.

Whatever happened to this?

vtecNSX1 said:
Whatever happened to this?
nsxr097 seemed to drop off the grid. my R wheels arrive next week, and I am willing to use them to make some larger size R replicas (sweet), but i need a source...

White94 said:
There are 3 oem colors (EDIT: for the 02+ style), I vote for those:

White: (type R)
134-3419_IMG.JPG

Silver: (USDM)
10590P1010081-med.JPG

Gunmetal: (type S, S Zero)
attachment.php

I wonder if anyone knows of a company that can take the stock wheels(02-up) and paint them gunmetal like the blue car(type S, S Zero)?

sorry not posting any respond lately cus in order for my friend's factory in asia to produce the replica wheels they need a minimum order of 50 set on 18x8 front 18x10 rear, they have to make 2 mold, one 18x8 and one 18x10, the cost for both are $15k.

Isn't there a discernable difference in strength between cast and forged?

I am following up with a vendor who says that he can manufacture a modular wheel almost replicating the Type-R look, in any color (note the number of caveats in that sentence). The spokes would be exact, but it would need to be a composite wheel, without the rivets on the edges. Painted white, it might be attractive (or not)? Anyway, I have sent him Type-R wheel photos, and he is mocking them up in CAD. They could be F18-R19 (+larger widths — Bling, bling) with ample space to clear any big brake kit, plus the correct offsets for the NSX. Five wheel sets will guarantee production. I will buy one, leaving 4 sets only. Price of these wheels would be half of new OEM, less than $2,500 (approximately). When and if I get any further information about actual sizes, weights, etc, I will post here.

nsxtasy said:
They are the normal 7-spoke wheels just painted Grand Prix White. Part number is 44700-SL0-A20ZA for the front 16" wheel and 42700-SL0-A20ZA for the rear 17" wheel. There are two different part numbers for the center caps (44732-SL0-A21ZA and 44732-SL0-A20ZA) but I don't know the difference between the two.
Not sure if weight is different, but the spokes are a bit deeper grooved, and the centers are also deeper than 2002 US OEM spec wheels. I have both sets (Type-R, and US) at the moment. "R" is 17x7, 17x9

Attachments

• _center.jpg
    _center.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,562
  • silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,553
I'd like a set of 18" Rears in the 2003 OEM Style. :biggrin:

My 2003 OEMs have a deeper back wheel (like the NSX-R and the fronts are shallower - could you be comparing front to backs?) :rolleyes:

serialNSXer said:
Not sure if weight is different, but the spokes are a bit deeper grooved, and the centers are also deeper than 2002 US OEM spec wheels. I have both sets (Type-R, and US) at the moment. "R" is 17x7, 17x9
attachment.php

attachment.php
is that TYPE-R wheel a front rim too?
of so.. what a diff between the US from rim :eek:

Back