• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Seat Belt Buckle

HDA

Experienced Member
After installing the Recaros, I am about to buy some extenders for my seat buckles. Does anyone know what type of buckles the NSX has?
They have type A, B etc... (Don't say type R).

I thought there was a standard of seatbelts, as a matter of fact I found there are several different types!

I've tried finding a set of extenders that would work, even bought a couple to try out. Nothing seems to fit and I couldn't find a set that would work. It seems that some of the older civic model buckles work. I may try to find a rear seat one that has a longer or adjustable strap to use.

I would give SOS a call and pick their collective brain since they have been in the game for a long time.

Last edited:
I would give SOS a call and pick their collective brain since they have been in the game for a long time.

That's actually a very good tip! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Honda makes specific buckles for the Recaro seats, these where installed in all NSX-R and Type-S models.
We have these in stock ready to ship. (OEM Honda)

http://as-motorsport.com/site/en/catalog-c-6/nsx-c-1/interior-c-21/extended-seat-belt-reciever-p-419

Nice, did not know it existed. A bit pricey for my taste though.

- - - Updated - - -

Just called SOS, no idea. The search continues...

for a cheaper alternative, you can use two rear seats buckle from a mitsubishi eclipse. That is what im running and it works with my buddy club rails / stock seat belt /fit in pole position hole

for a cheaper alternative, you can use two rear seats buckle from a mitsubishi eclipse. That is what im running and it works with my buddy club rails / stock seat belt /fit in pole position hole

Any year eclipse ? Also the buckles does not dig into the side of body like the stock ones .?

Ladies and Gents, the hero of the thread: thanks!

I ended up buying the OEM NSX-R receivers, easier than finding the Eclipse's on eBay.
All in they should be here at the end of the month. I will report on the fitment.
Cheers.

Update!
Bought the parts on amayama.com - impressed with the service! I ordered some more stuff for my transmission rebuild.

From order placement to package arrival it took about 10 days! Pricing was also very good although it varies according to exchange rate.

So, as you can imagine, the buckles buckle fine with the OEM seatbelts - this weekend I will move forward to install them on the seats as report with pictures.

It's always nice to use OEM stuff.

Update!
Bought the parts on amayama.com - impressed with the service! I ordered some more stuff for my transmission rebuild.

From order placement to package arrival it took about 10 days! Pricing was also very good although it varies according to exchange rate.

So, as you can imagine, the buckles buckle fine with the OEM seatbelts - this weekend I will move forward to install them on the seats as report with pictures.

It's always nice to use OEM stuff.

Thanks! Looking forward to the pics !

many other model Acura's I've seen at work have longer brackets I have a couple saved from warranty claims to try out

Last edited:
Same; I'm fit testing some adjustable tilt and sliding rails, and I'm desperate need to find seat buckle extenders. 25mm appears to be the tongue width...not common at all.

In the same boat. Looking for a longer, flexible buckle to use with Recaros and OEM belts.

The tang width on my NSX and 05 S2000 are exactly the same at 27.68mm.
Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 11.52.14 PM.jpg

The 96-00 civic rears that look like this DO NOT work as they apparently accept a narrower 25mm tang.

s-l1600.jpg

I have heard that the following work:
Civic belts above (no dice), 95-98 eclipse rear buckles (looking for), 98 UK ITR rear buckles (NLA per Amayama), 93 rear Mazda 626 buckles and 89 civic rear buckles. Will post up if I find one that works.

Last edited:
98 UK ITR rear buckles (NLA per Amayama)

There is a motorsports outfit in the UK that sells them. I ordered a set from them. I'll dig through my parts/orders this evening and see if I can track down the name. But [MENTION=25247]MexiRicer[/MENTION] might be able to find the name quicker.

Thanks guys! All leads are appreciated.

Eclipse rear buckles aren't my first choice, and they are apparently NLA new and impossible to find used anyways.

If anyone has contact info for [MENTION=26080]drmikey[/MENTION] - please PM me. Doesn't look like he has been on the forum in ~18 months.

Is this him?
https://www.r-motion.co.uk/DC2parts/DC2Interior.htm

Last edited:
Back