• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX SoCal Monthly Meeting August 6th

yea, but you turbo guys were making us all look bad by doing demo runs like idiots up harbor:frown:

Just hope noone got pulled over. After my incident with Mr. overzealous police officer last month, I'm driving like Ms. Daisy on Harbor from now on. :cool:

15% of the nsx's in attendance were turbocharged, I guess this F/I thing is catching on... :biggrin:

Hey John!!! Again....thanks for the ride in the BEAST!!!:biggrin: Had to change my shorts when I got home.:eek: The wife told me you called and have my cell. It must have flew out of my pocket on the second pass in front of the dealership. You were lucky to catch that green light before that patrol car could figure what the hell just flew past him. I'll call Ramon to see if you dropped my cell off at the shop. Thanks John!!!

Tony

Last edited:
Had a blast meeting everyone again hope to see you guys at the next meet! Hope you guys like the turbo kit! :smile:

Brian!!! I have to say....AWESOME JOB and thanks for the ride. Your turbo system is smooth and pulls great. At 5psi and putting out 400+rwhp and 300+lb torque....I have to say....THAT'S EFFICIENT. Thanks again!!!

Tony

Hey now...no need to lump us all into the same group...I didn't give any rides, nor did I break 40mph when I left...

Steve....it was good to meet you and welcome to the NSX community. And it was good that you didn't....I don't think there was enough street for you to stop.:biggrin: Hope to see you at the next event.

Tony

Last edited:
yea, but you turbo guys were making us all look bad by doing demo runs like idiots up harbor:frown:

Dude please....how old are you????

eatingpopcorn.gif

Dude please....you sound like an old lady!!!

I hate to follow on this but I totally agree with socalx. I was one of the guys who was followed by the cops into the dealership parking lot and almost got a ticket for mistakingly being taken for another black NSX that was racing up and down the street. Being one of the "old timers" I can understand the difference in car culture with the newer owners but I for one, will be very reluctant to come back every month if these social get togethers are transformed into crazy drive-by's and turbo demonstractions. I expect, both Steve's and the dealership have no interest in attracting that kind of law enforcement attention (that is now a given fact) which will bring police harassment in the future without any doubt.

I hate to follow on this but I totally agree with socalx. I was one of the guys who was followed by the cops into the dealership parking lot and almost got a ticket for mistakingly being taken for another black NSX that was racing up and down the street. Being one of the "old timers" I can understand the difference in car culture with the newer owners but I for one, will be very reluctant to come back every month if these social get togethers are transformed into crazy drive-by's and turbo demonstractions. I expect, both Steve's and the dealership have no interest in attracting that kind of law enforcement attention (that is now a given fact) which will bring police harassment in the future without any doubt.

Not to be disrespectful....but....figures. All of us know this has been going on....whether by the S2000 or NSX meet. Those who participate in these drive-by's know the consequences. If you don't have a front license plate, tinted windows, loud exhaust, turbos, etc...you are taking a risk when and where ever you drive. Cops have always been present....ask Steve and he wasn't even speeding....and there weren't any drive-bys that evening. Sorry....don't want to get in a pissing match. So....Steve's and the Dealership....I'm pretty sure if you made it clear to ALL OF US....NO CRAZY DRIVE-BYS IN FRONT OF THE DEALERSHIP....your request will be honored.

Brian!!! I have to say....AWESOME JOB and thanks for the ride. Your turbo system is smooth and pulls great. At 5psi and putting out 400+rwhp and 300+lb torque....I have to say....THAT'S EFFICIENT. Thanks again!!!

Tony

ummm I’m sure the car is nice...but just an FYI...without an adder (meth or nos) it is mathematically imposable to make 400rwhp (let alone 400+) with only 5 psi. Efficiency of the turbo system has nothing to do with it. Prospered would need a motor that is 37% more efficient than anyone else’s. Last time I checked he was running a stock motor...

And if you ask me to show my work, (engineering reference) I can...

marc

SFdreamer, sorry .. if you have the grey car that i believe you bought from 01blacks4 out of phoenix, then my comment to you is sorry, you are correct you
a) have a nice car.
B) did not do anything wrong. We actually commented about how nice your car was and how you seemed to be gently slipping the clutch as you left your spot and the parking lot.

Understand that Scorp (john) I consider to be a good friend of mine and I would not have said anything about the drive by's had it not been for his comment about turbo's catching on. But the reality was for those of us at the meet that drive bys through traffic at high closing rates of speed WERE unnecessary and quite frankly ridiculous. We have been going to meets at south coast for about 3 years now and from time to time we have had nights were a drive by or two was done but honestly last night was in poor taste and the ironic thing was the instant john turned back into south coasts parking lot a cop drove right by south coast acura. He was literally seconds away from a problem.

We are all part of a community of people that love these cars and hopefully each other for a whole host of reasons and we don't want the community around the dealership or the dealership to think that we are a bunch of wreckless drivers. If you go to cars and coffee on saturday you will notice clear signs that say unsafe drivers are not welcome (this is after a cobra and a lotus both lost control and crashed in front of the event) i hope this isn't the length we need to go to with this meet for common sense to prevail. I honestly thought my one sentence comment would be enough, but apparently for some it is not and you are choosing to debate this subject which in itself is crazy.

so for the last time, please for the sake of the community please do not do high speed demo runs in front of the dealership.
thanks
tom

ummm I’m sure the car is nice...but just an FYI...without an adder (meth or nos) it is mathematically imposable to make 400rwhp (let alone 400+) with only 5 psi. Efficiency of the turbo system has nothing to do with it. Prospered would need a motor that is 37% more efficient than anyone else’s. Last time I checked he was running a stock motor...

And if you ask me to show my work, (engineering reference) I can...

marc

UPDATE!!!

Prospeed NSX Turbo kit on the Dyno!

Thanks for everyone's patience. We have been busy finishing up work and we finally got this baby on the dyno for all to see. Here is the dyno graph of the Prospeed NSX Turbo kit. We were happy to see how efficient the kit was! At only 5.1 lbs of boost we were able to put down 400.5HP and 303 ft lbs of torque! The timing was conservative and we could have made more hp but we are happy with the results as it sits.

I want to thank Bisi and their staff at Bisimoto engineering for the help and support! Bisi did a brilliant job on tuning the AEM EMS. The car is smooth and idles perfectly! I can't stress how important it is to have a good tuner. Thanks again!

We will be attending the august 6th South Coast Acura Meet to showcase the car to anyone curious or interested in the Prospeed NSX Turbo Kit! Look forward to meeting everyone there! :smile:

IMG_2266.jpg

Car: 91 NSX with 69,XXX miles
Mods: Stock engine, Prospeed NSX Turbo Kit, AEM engine management system, 91 octane.
Results: 400.5HP at 7597rpm, 303.7 at 5349rpm. all this at only 5.1 of boost!

YELLOW DOTTED LINE: Prospeed NSX Turbo Kit

BLUE LINE: Uni filter, Topspeed header, Prospeed HFC, Taitec GTLW, Prospeed Rom Tune

ProspeedT_PwrAug09.jpg

ProspeedT_BoostAug09.jpg

The results speak for themselves. We were able to put out some decent numbers on the stock engine. The car drives like stock at all rpms. The power comes on smoothly and wickedly fast! I need to upgrade brakes now... :frown: I am pleased with the results and I hope you guys like it as well!

The kit is officially available for sale! :smile:

If the video doesn't show click this link for the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94uNeZV__F4
I love the exhaust sound!

Need I say more

Last edited:
tpagannsx said:
Steve....it was good to meet you and welcome to the NSX community. And it was good that you didn't....I don't think there was enough street for you to stop.:biggrin: Hope to see you at the next event.

Tony, very nice meeting you as well. I will definitely try to make as many meets as I can. Looking forward to meeting more of the community.

socalx said:
SFdreamer, sorry .. if you have the grey car that i believe you bought from 01blacks4 out of phoenix, then my comment to you is sorry, you are correct you
a) have a nice car.
B) did not do anything wrong. We actually commented about how nice your car was and how you seemed to be gently slipping the clutch as you left your spot and the parking lot.

Socalx, no worries, and thank you for the compliments. Hopefully next meet she will have her booboos all fixed up and I can remove the band-aids :).

***Anyone have pics from the meet?*** Ahem...Yellow....Ahem...Haze.

Last edited:
That looks great and all…Bisi is highly respected for sure….but physics are rarely wrong…with a stock 3.0 motor physics dictate that you will need at least 6.7 psi to reach 400 hp. This is using a base line of 275 hp which is, if I remember correctly the crank hp rating not wheel. Wheel was closer to 230 on average.
Efficiency in a turbo system primarily has to do with response and heat not power levels.
Hp is really nothing more than CFM..A motor is nothing more than an air pump… the stock motor flows 412.5 cfm (275 hp). To make 400 it must flow 600 cfm.

Formula is = 275+125/275-1=0.45 or 45% increase in output.

Pressure ratio formula is 14.7+5.1/14.7=1.34 or 34% more air. NOT 45% needed to make 400
14.7 is atmospheric, 5.1 is Brian’s boost level.

tpagannsx (and everyone else who attend this meeting:

I find it pretty silly that I, as the meeting organizer, or the General Manager of South Coast Acura need to tell anyone that speeding down a busy buisness district street in excess of 2X the speed limit (or any ammout for that matter) should not be done.

This is not about being old or young. It is about being smart and thinking about everyone at the meet and not just impressing the guy (or girl) sitting next to you. When you drive by the meet like that, whether you want to be or not, you represent the entire NSX community with your actions.

Matt (the GM at SCA) went before the Costa Mesa City council recently to ask that the local officials consider the advantages to the city by haveing people from outside the area attend functions at his dealership before they start strictly inforcing the letter of the law. The demonstrated actions of a few people at this meeting (and others) does nothing but undermine and call into question Matt's credibility with the city.

If you want to demo your car, set up another time and place to do it!

I think this should end the discussion on this subject.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ditto to Steve's comment. :cool:

It's fun to talk HP, boost specs, etc. Getting all juiced-up and doing an 80mph flyby on a public road zoned for 40mph (I know, kinda low) belongs on the track. Safety is reason enough. Causing embarassment to our host is another as Steve already stated. Save it for the track and my super autocross event on Oct. 24 when/if it becomes offical. Couldn't resist the publicity plug. :wink:

tpagannsx (and everyone else who attend this meeting:

I find it pretty silly that I, as the meeting organizer, or the General Manager of South Coast Acura need to tell anyone that speeding down a busy buisness district street in excess of 2X the speed limit (or any ammout for that matter) should not be done.

This is not about being old or young. It is about being smart and thinking about everyone at the meet and not just impressing the guy (or girl) sitting next to you. When you drive by the meet like that, whether you want to be or not, you represent the entire NSX community with your actions.

Matt (the GM at SCA) went before the Costa Mesa City council recently to ask that the local officials consider the advantages to the city by haveing people from outside the area attend functions at his dealership before they start strictly inforcing the letter of the law. The demonstrated actions of a few people at this meeting (and others) does nothing but undermine and call into question Matt's credibility with the city.

If you want to demo your car, set up another time and place to do it!

I think this should end the discussion on this subject.

Thanks

On that note....I'm pretty sure it won't happen again.

Yea Brian, I took pics. Just haven't had the time to post them. Was at the track this past weekend honing my Speedracer skills. Woohoo!

I post them soooooooon.

That looks great and all…Bisi is highly respected for sure….but physics are rarely wrong…with a stock 3.0 motor physics dictate that you will need at least 6.7 psi to reach 400 hp. This is using a base line of 275 hp which is, if I remember correctly the crank hp rating not wheel. Wheel was closer to 230 on average.
Efficiency in a turbo system primarily has to do with response and heat not power levels.
Hp is really nothing more than CFM..A motor is nothing more than an air pump… the stock motor flows 412.5 cfm (275 hp). To make 400 it must flow 600 cfm.

Formula is = 275+125/275-1=0.45 or 45% increase in output.

Pressure ratio formula is 14.7+5.1/14.7=1.34 or 34% more air. NOT 45% needed to make 400
14.7 is atmospheric, 5.1 is Brian’s boost level.

Your math looks great, but ProSpeed actually dyno'd, to the hub, about 268.

Back