• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX SoCal Monthly Meeting Oct 4th

NSX SoCal Monthly Meeting Oct 4th At the Autoshow???

Hello again! See post # 17 for a possible Alternative
The FIRST Thursday of the month of October is October 4th! That means the SoCal Monthly meeting is coming up!

We had an AWSOME turnout at the last meeting. Let's see if we can get more this month!

As usual the group is meeting at South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa.

The dealership continues to support the NSX owners in the area, so they have asked us back.

This meeting will give us a chance to get together and just shoot the breeze and talk about up coming events. As usual SCA will be providing premier parking.

So plan on meeting at South Coast Acura at 6:00 PM Thursday October 4th.

South Coast Acura is located at 2925 Harbor Bl. in Costa Mesa. This is about 3/4 mi South of the 405 (San Diego) freeway on Harbor Bl. Just past Baker Street, on the Right.

Remember, they have said they will block off the front of the store so there should be lots of parking available!

NOTE!!!
The dealership MUST HAVE an accurate count of how many will be attending so they can figure out how much food to buy. I am guessing about 20 or so. If there will be more they need to know!

PLEASE!

Reply to this thread if you think you can make it, so the dealership can have an idea how many to expect and make dinner arrangements accordingly.

Last edited:
I'm thinking I may head over to the OC Auto Show instead.

Come on Patty the OC Auto show is not only going on Thursday night. You could go Thursday during the day, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.:wink:

Come on Patty the OC Auto show is not only going on Thursday night. You could go Thursday during the day, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.:wink:

Agree. Could not get a lemon bar yesterday ! Counting on getting one or two Thursday !!!

(her plus me).

Last edited:

Okay, I'm working on swapping my volunteer day so I can do the OC Auto Show on Friday, instead of my job, ... Geesh. It's nice to be loved even if it's for my sweets. :smile:

As for lemon bars, Tino, that's pushing it. They take fresh lemons, 3 sticks of butter, and 5 times the amount of time that brownies do. I did tell you to get your hinney over to the pans yesterday but you guys are so spoiled you wanted them delivered. :wink:

Okay, I'm working on swapping my volunteer day so I can do the OC Auto Show on Friday, instead of my job, ... Geesh. It's nice to be loved even if it's for my sweets. :smile:

It's not just about the sweets, that's just an added bonus.:wink::smile:

And yes I'll be there as usual.

As for lemon bars, Tino, that's pushing it. They take fresh lemons, 3 sticks of butter, and 5 times the amount of time that brownies do. I did tell you to get your hinney over to the pans yesterday but you guys are so spoiled you wanted them delivered. :wink:

Lemon bars can wait :frown:but we like you too, glad you can make it afterall.

Scott (ss_md) will be at the meet collecting the completed forms for the 12th Annual Canyon Drive.
You need to bring your own, there will not be any blank forms available. Payment should still be made by PayPal.
Thanks
CCNSX

Lemon bars can wait :frown: but we like you too, glad you can make it afterall.

I worked it out so I will be at the meet and hit the Auto Show Friday. Now, maybe I'll make a single batch of lemon bars for you, Tino. I think Tom R missed out, too. Cheryl came over for you guys but only took brownies. Blame her! :biggrin:

Hey Guys,
I was gauging to see if anyone would be interested in going to the auto show on Thursday for the nsx meet. We have 50 tickets for Thursday opening...
Ferdie

Hey Guys,
I was gauging to see if anyone would be interested in going to the auto show on Thursday for the nsx meet. We have 50 tickets for Thursday opening...
Ferdie

Ferdie, I mentioned it above, and was talked out of it on Thursday, but will be going on Friday. I bought lemons today so Tino can have his lemon bar on Thursday night. :smile:

As Ferdie mentioned above SCA has 50 tickets (valued at $10 a piece) for Thursday night at the Auto show. This is a generous offer from SCA.

If there is interest, rather than meeting at SCA, everyone could meet at the entrance to the show (the Anaheim Convention Center) at say 6:30 and the tickets could be passed out to everyone there.

Or, we could meet at SCA like usual and Caravan to the Convention Center at say 7:00...

What do you all think?

Last edited:
I got a sub to work for me on Friday, so I could go to the Auto Show on Friday, instead of Thursday, like I originally planned. If the meet is going to be cancelled on Thursday in favor of the Auto Show, I'll work on Friday after all. (I got the free tickets on the internet for Thursday or Friday, already.)

...Tino, we could met at Cars and Coffee on Saturday and I'll give you lemon bars then, if you plan on going to it.

I got a sub to work for me on Friday, so I could go to the Auto Show on Friday, instead of Thursday, like I originally planned. If the meet is going to be cancelled on Thursday in favor of the Auto Show, I'll work on Friday after all. (I got the free tickets on the internet for Thursday or Friday, already.)

...Tino, we could met at Cars and Coffee on Saturday and I'll give you lemon bars then, if you plan on going to it.

Thanks Patty but i seriously dont see the attraction of going with a large group to an auto show. It would take less than 15 minutes for the crowd to break up. I like the monthly meeting because i get to see cars and talk to NSX people. Those who were,planning to go to the show will stick to their plans and those who were not set on going to the show will not do it because of a free ticket. You can get those on line anyway. Just my own humble opinion. I would much rather spend quality time with NSXs and their owners. I still think it is very nice and generous for Ferdie (and Matt obviously) to make that offer.

Thanks Patty but i seriously dont see the attraction of going with a large group to an auto show. It would take less than 15 minutes for the crowd to break up. I like the monthly meeting because i get to see cars and talk to NSX people. Those who were,planning to go to the show will stick to their plans and those who were not set on going to the show will not do it because of a free ticket. You can get those on line anyway. Just my own humble opinion. I would much rather spend quality time with NSXs and their owners. I still think it is very nice and generous for Ferdie (and Matt obviously) to make that offer.

^I agree with you, Tino. I planned on going to the Auto Show alone, so I could just see what I wanted and split. It's not a social event for me either. Maybe the Acura guys would like the night off to go to it? Just a guess.

Back