• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs McLaren F1!!!

Yetti...

You sure it wasn't a Subaru SVX?!? :biggrin:

subarub.JPG

j/k Frank! Nice job... must've been a wicked sight. So where's the 'kill' story. . . :tongue: (I mean you DID get up next to him/her and rev' the NSX, right!?! :wink: )

Re: Yetti...

Osiris_x11 said:
You sure it wasn't a Subaru SVX?!? :biggrin:
.....must've been a wicked sight. So where's the 'kill' story. . . :tongue: (I mean you DID get up next to him/her and rev' the NSX, right!?! :wink: )
LOL I see the resemblance!!

I would have revved my NSX if I had it with me.

I was crusing the beach / PCH with this convertible... it had no chance to catch up to the F1 since I was droolling, and just lucky to take a couple of photos of it.

What a beeeeaaauuutttteeeful day!!!

Attachments

• mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 552
NetViper said:
Maybe it was Jay Leno! :biggrin:
After doing a bit of detective work, I concluded that it was the XP4 F1 (experimental F1, 4th chasis). It is the F1 that attended the 8/13/05 Crystal Cove gathering in OC.

There is a McLaren/BMW F1 service center in Oxnard, perhaps it was getting some service done to it - like getting the Taitec JGTC Lightweight exhaust installed... :biggrin:

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 575
I saw that F1 about a year ago going down PCH from Ventura towards LA. I was going the other direction and tried to flip a U and catch up but had no luck.....traffic and slow reaction time because I had to pick my jaw up off the floorboards. I always wondered if it was a real F1 or somesort of replica (a damn good on if it was) because I didn't know there was one in the Southern Cali area (being so few worldwide). now I have proof (sort of), thanks all!

From the silhoutte it looks like a guy with receeding hair and glasses driving the F1.

Back