• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX with ProCharger P1SC?

Has anyone seen or fabbed a p1sc procharger to an NSX yet? I have a full kit that I have had sitting on my shelf for a few months, kit was used for less than 1000 miles, and I'm thinking of setting it up on my car. I'm not looking for the most power potential, nor will the car ever see the track. Also I know that prochargers draw a good bit of hp just to make laggy boost. It isn't a big concern of mine. I figure I have everything and can get the whole setup done and tuned for under 5k and make an easy 400hp so why not. I'll most likely run no intercooler and use a water meth setup. Besides the pump upgrade, larger injectors, clutch upgrade, adjustable fp reg, and aem ems, are there any other things that you have to do to boost the Nsx?

There's an NSX in Hawaii if I remember correctly that has or had a procharger on it. It will fit under the glass for sure.

Do a search on the Real Time Racing (RTR) NSX, as I recall they used a similar supercharger.

I checked into it, seems people have done Paxton and vortech. No procharger, not that there's big difference between them. From the setups that I have seen people seem to be making some good power for the most part. Does anyone have anything against the AEM v1? I can pick up a nice new unit for a good price?

I'm running a Procharger D-1SC (upgraded from P-1SC). What you've listed should cover all that you need to get it done. I don't know if I'd characterize the boost as being laggy, but it is extremely linear. Peak HP at peak RPM. Like NA, but bumped up.

7c206fd5f248810036f50677e1f63422_zpst2y9sgin.jpg

bisidyno.jpg

Awesome I really didn't think anyone had done it yet. Glad to see that it worked out and tucks in so nicely. Care to share and info on what you did to mount it? my major concern was belt routing and which pulley to use. I am using a foxbody mustang kit and reworking the parts to work with my setup.

The system was actually designed and installed by the previous owner a few years before I purchased the car more than 10 years ago. It's mounted using a custom designed bracket, the top of which you can see in the picture. He actually went through a few different bracket designs before landing on this one. Unfortunately, because the supercharger mounts over the top of the bracket, it's difficult to see in pictures.

It will take some figuring to get it to fit the way you see it in the picture. You will need to use an s-bend coupling to attach to the intake side as the blower in that position does not line up directly with the hole in your engine bay that goes to the quarter panel. Other option is to cut a hole directly in front of the blower's intake. It's a pretty tight fit.

I don't remember the size of the pulley that was on when it was at around 400 whp, but my current pulley is 3.85" at 16.5 psi and 523 whp at 8500rpm . You can call ATI and have them calculate the proper size for 400 whp. (I can't be certain, but it might have been 4.06" at 7 psi.)

Vortech supercharger

Thought I'd do a Vortech Install as well since they are very similar superchargers;

Attachments

• P1010615.JPG
    P1010615.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 173
  • P1010618.JPG
    P1010618.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Back