• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Annual summer cruise Sunday August 13, 2017

Here we go again guys; our latest annual summer cruise is going to be held on Sunday August 13.

As with the last couple years, we are going to be having a cruise in the Niagara peninsula, ending in the beautiful hamlet of Jordan.

We will be starting our cruise in Grimsby, heading through the hilly and windy roads of the Niagara Escarpment We will end up at the Inn on the Twenty for an awesome lunch.

The drive will be between 90 minutes and two hours going awesome and windy roads.

Our gathering point will be:

NEW Gateway Niagara
424 SOUTH Service Road,
Grimsby, Ontario L3M 4E8

This is conveniently located seconds from the QEW, minutes from the 407 and a scant 35-40 minutes from the 401.

We plan on getting together about 10:00a.m. then we'll have some coffee, socialize and depart no later than 11:00a.m. After this we will drive for about an hour, stop to rest our legs and continue on to our destination.

For the first time in many years, we will be visiting the Inn on the Twenty for lunch which is very reasonably priced with excellent service. The nice part about this venue is the proximity to historic downtown Jordan where you can explore many wine and antique shops, and even make the trip to some local wineries if you'd like.

The lunch buffet will be $31.00 per person, plus gratuities (15%) and taxes (13%), so all inclusive it will be about $40.28 per person. Our menu will be:

Menu:

Soup of the Day
or
Local greens
~~~
Atlantic Mackerel
pan seared Mackerel fillet, potato salad, kozliks crunchy mustard, pickled red onion
Cold pressed soya bean oil
or
Tagliatelle
of spring vegetables, Upper Canada ricotta, extra virgin olive oil
or
Mushroom Quiche
Roasted wild and tame mushrooms, chopped herbs, Monforte goat's cheese
~~~
Vanilla citrus creme caramel
with seasonal fruit
~~~
Coffee or Tea

Due to popular demand, we will once again bring back the Thorold tunnel run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jng-2-5K2iU#action=share

Please note that this cruise is members only, and if you'd like to join us, you need to be a current NSXCC member.

Don't delay, sign up right now!

1) Sean F. +1
2) Daria K. +1
3) Shawna A.
4) Rick S. +1
5) Bram M. +1
6) Tony S. +1
7) Lucas H. +1
8) Mark A. +1
9) Mark H. +1
10) Steve R. +1
11) Bruno S. +1
12) Gary R. +1
13) Don S. +1
14) Garrick L. +1
15) Rick J.
16) Barry D. +1
17) Henry C.
18) Nick D. +1
19) Anthony D. +1
20) Tommy P.
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)

Last edited:
Hi........I'll be there, and if after the lunch anyone wants to follow me on a nice drive back towards Fort Erie along Lake Erie you're welcome to stop in at my place. Oh, as for the Welland Tunnel - nothing beats the sound of a bunch of Harley's coming thru - but NSX's come in second! See you there.

I'm missing lots of car and bike events as I've been travelling all over, leaving next week for France, just got back from Ireland so not much free time - enjoying retirement!! Try it Bram, you'll like it.

Hey guys,

To my own dismay, I have been missing out on most of this season - as we've been so busy setting up a brand new production location. I was hoping to take part in at least one or two events yet, but every time there's other matters taking up my time right when there would be a gathering, an event or a cruise!

It is the same with this one.... This summer cruise is pretty much right in my backyard and I can't make it ...&?#$%! !!!
Sunday August 13 is Liz's Birthday and we're up North that weekend!

All is well though and my NSX is in great shape and I promise next year I will be a more active participant again as a club member!
Hopefully I can come out to the fall cruise yet!

Have fun guys in beautiful Niagara! I wish I could join! Jordan Village is great for a stroll ! (my sister in law has a small store there: MaryRose's Lavender Boutique and gift shop, check it out !)

Thanks for organizing all these awesome events. Keep up the good work!
Hope to see you all soon again. Have a great summer everyone!
cleardot.gif

Hey Guys, if it's not too late Arlene and Don would love to join the SC
i should have new boots by then :smile:

Hey guys.........best check out the TUNNEL as it's been closed for repairs and not sure if its been reopened. A few days ago, some riders said it was still closed.........just in case you need to change the route.

Hey guys.........best check out the TUNNEL as it's been closed for repairs and not sure if its been reopened. A few days ago, some riders said it was still closed.........just in case you need to change the route.

Thanks for the heads up, I was going to recon the route tomorrow!

Back