• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC EST Fest - May 25-27 2018 - NIAGARA REGION Grapes, good roads and gnoshing!

Welcome Guys....would be great to have the Mi gang attending Est Fest again.

Where is Our Canadian/American MI Lawyer?

Looking forward to seeing everyone

Bram

Hey Bram...........no G, just plain noshing will do.........I should know ;)

So we're at 17 cars already! It's a great sign of spring!

Just so you know, I don't believe that the hotel will extend their group rate validity beyond April 23 as others had in previous years, so if you want to get in, you better book soon.

Also, something the Niagara region does spectacularly well is restaurants. I have been speaking to a large group of restaurants for our Saturday lunch and dinner. I can just say you're going to be impressed!

Last edited:
Welcome Guys....would be great to have the Mi gang attending Est Fest again.Where is Our Canadian/American MI Lawyer?Looking forward to seeing everyoneBram
Here he is and apologies for the long silence. As Brian and Judi know I had some other (imposed) priorities last driving season that resulted in very little NSX time. Things have settled down and if I can stomach giving the State of Michigan the annual license tab fee (exceeds $300) for the privilege of almost no roads in MI that I'm inclined to expose the NSX to (roads here in MI are worse than you folks in Ontario can imagine........the Motor City, my *ss), I hope to attend EST FEST this year. I had a blast last time I attended (Grand Bend if I recall correctly). I need to read this entire thread. Brian, thanks for giving me the heads up! Bram I'll be in touch over the upcoming weekend -- looks like have until April to reserve room. Best,Jeff

I have just reserved our Saturday lunch for our group at one of my favourite little restaurants, The Smokin’ Buddha. In Port Colborne, this cool little fusion restaurant is offering us a choice from 3 pre-selected appetizers and 3 pre-selected entrees.

Ours apps will be your choice of one of the following:

Chicken Satay
Gyoza (a dumpling, so delicious)
Spinach and artichoke dip

Our main will be your choice of one of the following:

Pad Thai
Chicken Enchilada
Chana Masala

Located in Port Colbornes old train station, this restaurant has some really cool decor and fantastic food!

http://thesmokinbuddha.com

Last edited:
Sean, that menu looks outstanding!

Jeff, please come and join us....the roads (and people ;-) will be WAY better than we are used to!

Cheers,
Brian

Sean, that menu looks outstanding!Jeff, please come and join us....the roads (and people ;-) will be WAY better than we are used to!Cheers,Brian
I intend to do the necessary on the weekend -- just having a wacko week at the office. Agree 110% as regards the roads and as for our Cdn NSX friends an absolutely wonderful group. I'm hoping to have my NSX on the road in time but if for some reason she's not out of hibernation anyone know where I can borrower an NSX? LOL. Best,Jeff

Come on Jeff....we may have to revoke Your Canadian citizenship, if you don't show up for Est Fest this year....:eek:Bram
Bram that's a good one. No worries I will be there. Look for some communication from me over weekend. Will be great to see the Cdn gang again! From quick red looked like there was going to be a track session Friday but due to unavailability of venue go karting, right?

Bram that's a good one. No worries I will be there. Look for some communication from me over weekend. Will be great to see the Cdn gang again! From quick red looked like there was going to be a track session Friday but due to unavailability of venue go karting, right?

That's unfortunately correct. Toronto Motorsports Park would not rent the track to us on Friday night for our sole use; and would leave us in a general run group with their other patrons, whether experienced or first time. As many of our members have limited track experience, we decided that it wouldn't be prudent to put any of our members into a risky position like that. When we have control of the track, and it's for the sole use of our group, we have much better control over marshaling, run groups and general track safety.

I am 100% on board with the decision that was made having been on track in a general run group once -- was nowhere near as much fun as a more controlled event. See you guys in May!Best,Jeff

OK Jeff Z from Michigan (likely +1) is in -- reservation at hotel just made. Bram/Sean can you add me to the list above? Bram I'll get you my NSXCCA dues for this year when I see you in May. Looking forward to seeing the gang! Best,Jeff

We have just finalized reservations for Saturday evening's dinner, and we'll be eating at the Whirlpool restaurant - just 10 minutes from the hotel on the scenic Niagara Parkway, overlooking the Niagara River!

It’s been a long winter, getting the ol’ girl ready for 2018 with some new studs and other bits for Est Fest cruising[emoji16]

Looking forward to it!!

46286d4f31f5765827595a661b4ee9a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laurie and I will be coming. Hotel is booked.

Last edited:
Great Rob.....I'm not sure if you have attended any previous EST Fest event, but I'm sure your fellow Mi friends will attest to the fun we have at these events.

Bram

We were there for a last day 3 years ago, May 2015 I think, when it just was north or Sarnia.

Wonderful, I'm glad that you will be be there for the entire event this time around. The Niagara on the Lake winery region is really beautiful, and bonus if you like wine.

See you Guys in May.

Bram

Back